ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL MARCH MADNESS 2024 THREAD****

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
While I know maybe the names of 5 players this year, it’s still one of the greatest things we have in American sports.

Who’s your winner/ team you want to win/ sleeper?

Winner: Uconn
Team I’ll root for: Uconn
Sleeper: Michigan St. (8 seed)

Winner will be me. I have no intention of watching, or even caring. College athletics is on a precipice of becoming irrelevant, and I'm tuning it out.

Iowa women are all I really care about. Otherwise just hoping some bets work out.

I think UConn will win it. Would like to see Drake make a run, especially because that would mean Iowa State wouldn't make it out of the first weekend.

Reactions: Moral and Tunadog
This is how i feel every time i see one of those "the state of iowa is repping college basketball well, could you imagine?"

8k0g45.jpg

I'm in the HORT/GIAO bracket. Thanks to the commish for setting it up. When it tips off, I will have already won. I have used super duper AI "algorithms" so that I have predicted every winner correctly. I have the HOX to win it all this year in the mens so I should be smiling come championship game time. Let's go Franwiches!

Reactions: noleclone2
It looks like Kentucky is finally healthy and putting it together. They will be dangerous. Unfortunately, Houston is extremely banged up and doesn't have great scoring depth....I can see them being the first one seed to be eliminated. Have James Madison over Wisconsin.

As luck would have it I have work in New Orleans, so looking forward to an afternoon at the Ceasars. They built a pretty good sports book.

Reactions: TennNole17
Bad place to say this, but pulling for ISU. Always had a soft spot for them, since the football team came to St Jude when they were in the liberty bowl one year. Lil man still has an ISU jersey.

Other than that, I’m hoping Tennessee falls on their face quickly, and Pearl/Auburn do great.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Sports betting has kinda ruined my interest in putting together a bracket. Sad!

I can come up with a solid reason for every team NOT to win it. With UConn, it’s “Well, it’s really hard to repeat.” which isn’t much of a reason at all. They’re a complete team.

My sleeper is Texas Tech. I am highly biased towards Joe Toussaint and would love it if he led them on a run.

Have you been to a game at the new arena. My colleague went to Baylor and his daughter goes there now....he's been to several games and says it's a great venue...right on the Brazos.
I've seen it from the road, but I haven't been to a game there yet. By the time the new place opened the dates didn't work out for me to get down there - hopefully next season. It's definitely a cool looking building, and a great location - like the football stadium, it's right by the river.

I've seen it from the road, but I haven't been to a game there yet. By the time the new place opened the dates didn't work out for me to get down there - hopefully next season. It's definitely a cool looking building, and a great location - like the football stadium, it's right by the river.
I went to a couple games at U of H. Fertitta remodeled it and it's pretty nice. Small, but the students are on the floor right behind the courtside seats, so it makes for fun atmosphere. I understand that Baylor's arena is the same way. A lot more fun than the games I spent at the Tally Civic Center

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I went to a couple games at U of H. Fertitta remodeled it and it's pretty nice. Small, but the students are on the floor right behind the courtside seats, so it makes for fun atmosphere. I understand that Baylor's arena is the same way. A lot more fun than the games I spent at the Tally Civic Center
That's what I'd heard - that the new arena is smaller than the old one, but louder because everyone is closer.

Been like this for years, save Spencer. The inability to get guys at mid-upper weights is infuriating for a program with a history like ours.
I'm a fairly casual fan by Iowa wrestling standards. I'll check out a handful of meets a year and tried to go to one or two a year prior to my daughter being born.

It just seems like we have been caught. It was PSU that had caught us,but, it was kind of a one and two who beats who, now they are miles ahead and we have been caught by the pack.

So does illannoy forfeit everything for playing a rapist? This is very bama-esque of them.

I hate that I actually bet South Carolina -1.

Not because it’s going to lose, but because I FREAKING HATE THE SEC.

Seeing them get their asses kicked is so much fun!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT