ADVERTISEMENT

*** OFFICIAL Saturday 1/16 Games Thread***

Absolutely.
tenor.gif

Michigan offensively is kind of like Iowa in that they have good offensive players , but not necessarily playmakers. Wagner is a very good NBA prospect, but not really an NBA playmaker. Dickinson isn’t “score 20 18 times in a row like Luka” good yet.

I also don’t think they have the scoring depth like Iowa on the bench.

Michigan offensively is kind of like Iowa in that they have good offensive players , but not necessarily playmakers. Wagner is a very good NBA prospect, but not really an NBA playmaker. Dickinson isn’t “score 20 18 times in a row like Luka” good yet.

I also don’t think they have the scoring depth like Iowa on the bench.
They're missing Eli Brooks, which is apparently all the difference in the world for them......

It'll be interesting to see how Michigan responds after this ass whooping. Hopefully they go into a tailspin, easy schedule and all.

I think they take out their frustrations on an overmatched Maryland on Tuesday. The Barn is definitely a tougher venue than it gets credit for and there aren’t many teams Minny can’t beat at home.

So is Michigan’s season over now? Nobody should lose to Minnesota, They are a bad team and this is a horrible loss for Michigan........Did I do this right?
Anybody who couldn’t see that the rodents can play doesn’t know much basketball . They have a lot of nice pieces and if they learn to win a few on the road their gonna be a tough out .

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
So is Michigan’s season over now? Nobody should lose to Minnesota, They are a bad team and this is a horrible loss for Michigan........Did I do this right?

Since you asked: No, you didn't. Did Michigan have a 7-point lead with 45 seconds to play? Did they cough up a lead on a last-second three and then lose in OT?

See the difference? You're welcome.

I think they take out their frustrations on an overmatched Maryland on Tuesday. The Barn is definitely a tougher venue than it gets credit for and there aren’t many teams Minny can’t beat at home.
Which makes it all the more frustrating that we let that one get away, up 7 with 40 seconds left. Water under the bridge now, and EVERYTHING that Luka came back for is right in front of them now. GO HAWKS......

I do not seewhat is so great about Dickinson. Garza should destroy him.
Meh. Nobody outside of Cockburn can really guard Garza 1 on 1 without double team help.

I don't think we'll see much of any team (again outside of maybe Illinois so long as Cockburn can hang with him) not trying to double Garza every time he touches the ball, even outside the arc (like Minnesota stupidly did, and paid for it in our second meeting).

Actually go back and revisit the thread, For many it was the loss itself, Much doom and gloom for the season on a whole.

At the time, it both felt like a bad loss and a bad way to get a loss given situation. I’ll admit I was also pretty dissatisfied with the teams defense and think I said in that thread this team won’t do anything special. Perhaps going to thrown back in my face some day (hell I hope it is).

Reactions: Scott559
When you get home knowing Minny beat Michigan - setting up Iowa playing for a share of the B1G lead tomorrow - but then see that Ohio St won @ Illinois, too; and Texas Tech is hanging in at home vs #2 undefeated Baylor (so far).....

tenor.gif

Reactions: SotaHawk87
At the time, it both felt like a bad loss and a bad way to get a loss given situation. I’ll admit I was also pretty dissatisfied with the teams defense and think I said in that thread this team won’t do anything special. Perhaps going to thrown back in my face some day (hell I hope it is).

I know it’s not just Iowa fans, However on this board there always seems to be huge over reaction to losses in both Football and Basketball, Your concerns with the defense are legit, Iowa is simply not going to be a great defensive team, However we have seen times when they really do put effort into their defensive and they can be quite solid, Need consistency!
Iowa has flaws like most teams, As far as big picture, Gonzaga is very good, That said I think Iowa is capable of playing much better than they did that day, That gives me hope that the Hawks can indeed be a threat come tourney time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT