ADVERTISEMENT

*****Penn St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

These refs suck. That was clearly off us
I am not going to defend the officiating, but the official on the side called it Iowa's ball. I saw the replay and I thought it had to be off Martin. We can only assume there was another angle other than what they showed on TV showing it off PSU.

Whew…bit of a gross game, but…

In my mind, we have 5 sensational players. CC, Martin, Davis, Affolter & HS…

Then we have Terrific pieces. Marshall, O’Grady is improving, Ediger had decent minutes & Fuerbach is a hustler!

This was an ugly game, but we still kicked their ass

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I’d say our defense has tailed off again but hell they had 13 more shots they took 500 three-pointers they shot 35% from the floor and 32% from three-point range…

And we turned the ball over 17 times, took several ill advised shots and missed a shit ton of layups early again…

I’m beginning to feel like, of course we have an extreme up-tempo game so we will give up more points but we’ve gotten really pretty sloppy lately leading to extra opportunities…

They had so many opportunities no wonder they scored 83 points!

Reactions: hawkeye_wx
I’d say our defense has tailed off again but hell they had 13 more shots they took 500 three-pointers they shot 35% from the floor and 32% from three-point range…

And we turned the ball over 17 times, took several ill advised shots and missed a shit ton of layups early again…

I’m beginning to feel like, of course we have an extreme up-tempo game so we will give up more points but we’ve gotten really pretty sloppy lately and & wild shots, & still missing layups..

They had so many opportunities no wonder they scored 83 points!
A lot of free throws in this game and a lot of PSU drives in the paint could have easily been called as charges but were either blocking or no calls.

That and they were chucking up 3s early and often

Heck of a game for Stuelke. It's wild that Stuelke is now above Clark on the Iowa max-points-in-a-game list.

Iowa has a recent bad habit of getting a big lead in the second half and then suddenly turning to shit for 5-10 minutes. They did it at OSU, at Maryland, and again tonight. They need to fix that, pronto.

Heck of a game for Stuelke. It's wild that Stuelke is now above Clark on the Iowa max-points-in-a-game list.

Iowa has a recent bad habit of getting a big lead in the second half and then suddenly turning to shit for 5-10 minutes. They did it at OSU, at Maryland, and again tonight. They need to fix that, pronto.

Dead on!

By the by….16pts/16 rebounds is monstrous & 9/10 from Affolter was big too!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT