ADVERTISEMENT

*****Penn St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm BTN

Penn St (16-6, 7-4) comes to Iowa city to face off against the Hawkeyes (21-2, 10-1). The Lady Lions are 7-3 in last 10 games that included a a blowout win at Maryland and a close loss to Indy.

PSU is no slouch and I could see a tight first half. In the end I still like the Bluder bunch 93-77.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Tay Valladay’s absence for PSU hurts them. Still, could be an offensive shoot out. In conference play, PSU is currently tied for the 10th most efficient BIG offense of the last 15 years (it helps that the Iowa offense is currently the most efficient BIG offense of the last 15 years).

Im worried about this game. Dropping 16 3s against Maryland seems like something they could do against our meh defense. Plus, I worry Owusu will go McMahon on us and bully our interior. I could be wrong though. It just feels like a trap game

Tay Valladay’s absence for PSU hurts them. Still, could be an offensive shoot out. In conference play, PSU is currently tied for the 10th most efficient BIG offense of the last 15 years (it helps that the Iowa offense is currently the most efficient BIG offense of the last 15 years).

I keep telling anyone who will listen, this team (ours) is better than last year and by a good margin.

Im worried about this game. Dropping 16 3s against Maryland seems like something they could do against our meh defense. Plus, I worry Owusu will go McMahon on us and bully our interior. I could be wrong though. It just feels like a trap game

It’s not a trap game, it’s a tough game vs a quality Tourney bound team, that can shoot but isn’t particularly big or overly quick. They don’t play defense as well as us, shoot FTs as well, rebound as well or pass the ball and they are on the road…

It is a tough game, but they are more worried than us…

Another team that likes to press. Hmmm. The last couple of teams that tried that we either ran them out of it quick, or ran them off the floor. The press just opens the floor up more for the the maistro to conduct her magic.....

It’s on BTN, which means Fox sports app if you have some type of provider (cable , YouTube TV, etc….)

Do you think Shimmy hates when the hawks are on BTN bc the whole state serves her up some crow?

ABLVV84BYwQ5OqiANidrFCwx-3jfzTQvGnPDJr2f830yNGNKDCrYyrI9fnXSfB9tDCNT9luPu62OMR4y0wyAw2J6Iuc_WCjT8as9UNojTynYuZ6P0STebkPeqv71ZXNNz_I0hIhQGKEPcb7HCSacpFU09M9AzDTWaO-CaI9MO5HZe9JgR_bTeKxrUXDMbky-4zqinikL6OEZvX7ojEOviDAvOs937xxl3baoUT5-PsxOL9JaOqJTm9X7GwBem93krtFmMTJPwBYBXp-eTx-ORjzSFpwDzv1jzmvOkINThERQ73wpotbqWMUR5fJC4PEZrfXtSQCUk6o6MJ5gjlbIhrxpukEeUc0LyF7D-kVQ3HT9rHtzTowG8gfJRnaLQBwTsbC25ClPW9fsChYcrm5rAohL0EnIqvhfLqSDT1Nx5Ivd3McgtHlhJNtS3M51k3ER4-n-QeQ2HUJxDC1YxuAg-DEocIvTx0krFj4L2N8nAp0hTy5c6ds33l0lhWPK0tJL9sjPxOhXktA8J4pZ17Zf9bkoKbSy07rmH4WZHCRA2-T_TJPQGZ0Nv55JQDPuRGGjbo_7gNAz6RmYCTpy7btbCP90m20U0rQAyUmcFd_u8_BtF0-YsAfYIr7a8zsBlx3bR20i0nNTqbZ9LOzaxHnBzuXjWFYL5lZxI9TsK7mp4fZUYAvX4XcRaTrURvWYjnsYmaz5YJhFhY7Vk37WLsuLrFB3bZ43xj1LinPCiYqJR1PSeRzjR7bJFi1xU_YkNWKPgHozTYwOIDe6P0l1YcqUlVKPjaMMT-b0_3tEqlaMR6ZkMIfktFZlcxHagQQRwjgszNijLtpyFYGTzfgY4wE8WglKJOMB6As_-QiXJ_k90XZvv4ngTIgZisi5KzELHlitIVsM9prVAoAW51T_3tQSvwSD9m0=w222-h200-s-no-gm

Is Clark trying to break the record at home? Let's get the ball into the offense.

Get the stupid "countdown to record" stuff off the screen. There is zero chance she comes anywhere close to it in this game.

Reactions: GRT2B1
Jesus Christ, Iowa. Even Clark can't hit layups now. The passing sucks, too, so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT