• Coaches want two bigs in this class

Votes: 57 44.9%
  • Coaches hedging in the event they lose Foster

Votes: 38 29.9%
  • Coaches already feel Foster is going somewhere else

Votes: 32 25.2%

• Total voters
D. Options
Possibly 2 bigs wanted if the right ones.
Possibly hedging.
Definitely looking at skills vs personnel. That’s how to keep the program going forward regardless of a teenaged decision.

Reactions: unIowa and owenhawk
Foster hanging out in Ames on weekends, (to see his GF), does not bode well for us. I think the coaching staff should be prepared for the eventually that Foster might not pick Iowa.

Foster hanging out in Ames on weekends, (to see his GF), does not bode well for us. I think the coaching staff should be prepared for the eventually that Foster might not pick Iowa.

Agree, the fact that he is hanging out there all the time with his girlfriend and members of the team makes it seem likely he picks them.

giphy.gif

Might be a bit of a sleeper, as he is from England. Nearly every other site has him at 6’10” 240 lbs. The 255 might be more accurate, as he has mentioned one school wanted him to watch his weight and get it down some. 247 has him as a top 300 player, top 50 center, and the #2 senior in Massachusetts. A lot of smaller offers, but read a couple of articles where Georgia Tech and Kansas State are getting involved. He says he is in no hurry to commit anywhere.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Like the weekend he was said to be at ISU football game as people said they spotted him. But he was actually at Virginia Tech.

Reactions: Ballhawk1221
He started playing bball at age 14 and has 7'2" span. Developmental for sure. Fran saw enough upside, apparently. That's enough for me.

Reactions: perryhawk
If the tape Perry linked were this past year, I would not be impressed, but that was at least 3 years ago. It would be interesting to see a recent tape. If he was as good as the tape after picking up basketball a couple of years earlier, Fran could be on to another diamond in the rough. No one wanted Whitey until his senior year...

In a more recent video, Josh looks like he has lost a half step of his quickness by growing 2 inches & Up to 255.
See thehoophustle.com.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that.......he appears to me to be a good project type player. He appears to have soft hands, moves his feet pretty well, and has kind of a Garza type offensive game. He just needs to get in better shape and get in the weight program to get the most out of his abilities?

Next season we'll have three bigs on the roster, two of whom will be seniors.

I think its possible that we want two bigs in the class AND we don't get Foster.

Reactions: Vbeachawk
Thanks for linking the tapes. I hope he is not a fall back for Foster, but he does have nice hands and size, and can score with either hand. He definitely is not quick, but that could improve by converting about 20 lbs to muscle. If we land our top targets, they would be preferable, but if not, he would be potentially a good piece that could be redshirted his first year.

I agree,... not even comparable...

He reminds me more of a couple of those posts from Rutgers last year.

His ceiling might be Nick Ward from Michigan State.

His scouting report does say that he's comfortable putting the ball on the floor from outside the paint. That's a good trait for a big guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mohawkeye
Both Josh & Gabe started playing basketball in their teens. Josh looks to have more offensive game in that video at that age. Bigger upside?

Reactions: perryhawk
I love that video! Great hands, good feet and inside moves, can shoot within 5 feet with either hand. A mountain of a man, he does fatigue quickly but that's to be expected at his age. I would gladly take him in a heartbeat and I wonder if he doesn't blow up pretty fast now that Iowa has offered him.

Just a question to this quote: "he does fatigue quickly". How in these highlight videos do you see that he is fatigued? I am assuming that you are assuming, due to his weight, that he is fatigued. I saw him dribble the ball, and am assuming he "could" be our next great point guard.:rolleyes: Should not be able to make comments that are accurate off a highlight video. It does not show how many turnovers, steals, rebounds, etc., that makes a complete evaluation, including if he is out of shape!

Reactions: Legend12
Just a question to this quote: "he does fatigue quickly". How in these highlight videos do you see that he is fatigued? I am assuming that you are assuming, due to his weight, that he is fatigued. I saw him dribble the ball, and am assuming he "could" be our next great point guard.:rolleyes: Should not be able to make comments that are accurate off a highlight video. It does not show how many turnovers, steals, rebounds, etc., that makes a complete evaluation, including if he is out of shape!
Yeah, that was more speculation on my part trying to be agreeable with the earlier poster. I should have said "IF he does fatigue quickly".

Will be interesting to see when he visits either the PSU weekend or PU. He looks more like a traditional Center while Foster is more of the NBA hybrid SF/PF/C

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT