ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State fan

You seem to indicate Caitlin flopped. The thing I don't understand is what possible motivation could there be to do such a thing. If you do believe she flopped, why would she do that? And that's why I dismiss the conspiracy spreaders - because it doesn't make any sense.
I'm not going to speculate why - I'm just stating my observation of the collision and clearly many hold the same opinion.

Reactions: D-Ram and WSC72
I'm not going to speculate why - I'm just stating my observation of the collision and clearly many hold the same opinion.
Who cares what opinion anyone else holds? It makes no sense - there is nothing for her to gain. You would have to believe she is a conniving, spiteful person to think she did that. I guess you have a very low opinion of her.

Reactions: Bierhalter and DTP2
Stuff like this is why it won't be long before court-storming is no longer a thing, just way too much liability. The blame is definitely on Ohio State and that fan but Caitlin definitely pulled off a Lebron-level flop. Very glad she's ok!
If you ever wondered what it's like to be ignorant and flat out stupid, here's a person to speak to.

Reactions: Chuck C and DTP2
And some people are stupid OR have an agenda. Now I can see her flopping on a call in a game, but here she's running off the court, and doesn't see the girl until the last second, and yet she had the forethought to flop and make a scene? Absolutely ridiculous......

Reactions: Chuck C and DTP2
Caitlyn Clark, the Iowa player who can weave her way through five defenders, all while dribbling a basketball…… and can’t avoid a plump woman who she definitely saw and initiated the contact with. Caitlyn obviously misjudged the force of a woman that size and got the wind knocked out of herself.
I will enjoy watching your d line get mowed down by Proctor.

Foul on Clark. Lady beat her to the spot and CC trucked her.

Has anyone asked the lady how she is doing?

Didn’t think so.
How's that baseball team coming along over there in Ames? Maybe you guys could sell more of those We Will frozen pizzas and be able to have the intermural broom ball league brought back.

The Ohio State player rushing to Clark’s aid was awesome. Nevermind the non sense that everyone discussed about flop or what the fan deserves.

I wonder if the security thought she was going to taunt her or what but that was weird lol.

People get caught in excitement and want to celebrate, Clark probably is okay if Iowa fans do it, so yeah this was a bad situation but one that is always a risk during high rank opponents.

NCAA and schools has had plenty of time to figure out how to stop this from happening, No one wants to spend the money on that level of security every single game.

FWIW, ESPN has changed their wording about Caitlin's condition after the incident from "not injured" earlier to "not seriously injured" now. If you watch the post game press conference, it's obvious that she was grimacing with some sort of head pain/vision issues.

Reactions: hawkedoff
The Ohio State player rushing to Clark’s aid was awesome. Nevermind the non sense that everyone discussed about flop or what the fan deserves.

I wonder if the security thought she was going to taunt her or what but that was weird lol.

People get caught in excitement and want to celebrate, Clark probably is okay if Iowa fans do it, so yeah this was a bad situation but one that is always a risk during high rank opponents.

NCAA and schools has had plenty of time to figure out how to stop this from happening, No one wants to spend the money on that level of security every single game.
To be totally honest MOST womens games only draw 3000 to 5000 fans tops. So major security simply isn't an issue. Now with the CC traveling rock show this is a different animal and hopefully security has been stepped up accordingly. If you notice Clark used to have a school bodyguard kind of, but now it appears she has two armed police officers at her side. At least she did after the last home game. Not sure if they were there Sunday, and just didn't have time to get to her.

To be totally honest MOST womens games only draw 3000 to 5000 fans tops. So major security simply isn't an issue. Now with the CC traveling rock show this is a different animal and hopefully security has been stepped up accordingly. If you notice Clark used to have a school bodyguard kind of, but now it appears she has two armed police officers at her side. At least she did after the last home game. Not sure if they were there Sunday, and just didn't have time to get to her.
Yep you’re right but problem has existed for men’s too. There’s times when it’s pretty hard to prevent and best they can do is form a path to protect players.

Yep you’re right but problem has existed for men’s too. There’s times when it’s pretty hard to prevent and best they can do is form a path to protect players.
I'd be willing to bet you'll see a stepped up security presence around Clark on the road from now on......

The only person(s) whose opinion/observation counts, OSU AD Smith, went to the IA locker room after the incident to apologize to Clark directly & in person.

CC handled it using the high ground in her comments at the post game presser. Something many posters should try.......class w/o highpervaly & speculation.

Reactions: Whinny
Have you been to that place? You would think football and basketball was invented in Ames after reading those clowns.
It is comical. They think they are relevant, but it’s still called the “Hawkeye State”…that has to gall the clown fans. 🤪

I was at the Ohio State message board and they seemed glad she didn't get hurt seriously. Then complain about the Iowa bias by the refs. CC was knocked down. Had the wind knocked out of her, and was cursed and mistreated by the fans. The school sent in someone quick to apologize but Bluder was pissed. That 'girl' had 150 pounds on Clark
Iowa will crush Ohio State in their next match-up…last regular season game of year…in Carver.

Well, it sure seems like a lot of people actually believe CC deliberately ran into the fan, then flopped, and faked being hurt to distract from loss. It makes no sense for her to do that. I doubt it would occur to her that the aftermath was still being filmed. People looking for an excuse to hate her.
Deep down…does any sane person really believe that? I think it’s simply trolling by a few dinks to try to get some short-term attention.

For sure it wasn't planned. My guess if she flopped would be she anticipated something worse and it didn't happen. I also would be a bit pissed off if I were Clark. If she played for OSU and it happened at IC, guessing most on here would question what happened. The bottom line is that it (the incident) should have never happened.
No…if she played for Ohio State and it happened in Iowa City, I would still callout the over-exuberant Iowa fan for looking at her phone, rather than where she was running to. Thankfully, the player (in this case Clark) didn’t get hurt, as she was still on the court where she belonged. However, a fan doesn’t belong on a court, so I would have no sympathy (regardless of what team they root for) if they get hurt running out on the court.

How come nobody ever talks about the 9999 other times a court or field gets stormed? Hmm...

I understand that. But some of the Holier Than Thou talk in thread is absurd. The student just happened to be a Buckeye fan.

I'm pretty sure a couple of thousand of Iowa fans, mostly young students, rushed Kinnick the last time the Buckeyes lost there.

I understand that. But some of the Holier Than Thou talk in thread is absurd. The student just happened to be a Buckeye fan.

I'm pretty sure a couple of thousand of Iowa fans, mostly young students, rushed Kinnick the last time the Buckeyes lost there.
Did any players or even fans get hurt then? Gee, why are people talking about this incident more...

No…if she played for Ohio State and it happened in Iowa City, I would still callout the over-exuberant Iowa fan for looking at her phone, rather than where she was running to. Thankfully, the player (in this case Clark) didn’t get hurt, as she was still on the court where she belonged. However, a fan doesn’t belong on a court, so I would have no sympathy (regardless of what team they root for) if they get hurt running out on the court.
But what if, and hear me out now, that player was Brad Davison?............

If you read my posts you would see that I said that.

Oh, the world we live in.

When your kid acts up in class im guessing you yell at the teacher and give Jimmy a new tablet. And when Jimmy doesn't play first team in Jr High BBALL, you want to speak to the coach instead of telling Jimmy to go work on his game if he wants to play.

You're soft.

Well, my “kids” are all out of college except one and he spent 20 years in the military flying helicopters for the U.S.Army. He retired and decided to go back to college.

My kids grew up on a farm and learned how to live a responsible life, so you’re waaaaay off base on your comments.

I’m soft? Yeah, right.

Where are people getting that CC is a sore loser and deliberately pushed the fan out of frustration? This is all so ridiculous.
Not saying she's a sore loser but she has done that same frustration shove in multiple games.

Not saying she's a sore loser but she has done that same frustration shove in multiple games.

If people want to criticize her for the frustration shove during the game, that's fine. But I don't think the fan incident is remotely the same thing. It is just two people who ran into to each other and morons are slowing it down to make it look like she had all the time in the world to avoid the collision and pushed off out of frustration rather than to protect herself. They then make it seem as if she did a dance then flopped rather than simply spun away from collision and lost her balance and proceeded to fake being hurt. For what purpose? Because they lost? The whole thing took about a second. That is a huge leap to make about her character just because people think she complains to refs too much or tries to sell fouls.

Well, my “kids” are all out of college except one and he spent 20 years in the military flying helicopters for the U.S.Army. He retired and decided to go back to college.

My kids grew up on a farm and learned how to live a responsible life, so you’re waaaaay off base on your comments.

I’m soft? Yeah, right.

If what you say is true it seems odd you're soft as butter on this matter.

Oh, the poor girl who was a victim of her own decisions.

Weak

If people want to criticize her for the frustration shove during the game, that's fine. But I don't think the fan incident is remotely the same thing. It is just two people who ran into to each other and morons are slowing it down to make it look like she had all the time in the world to avoid the collision and pushed off out of frustration rather than to protect herself. They then make it seem as if she did a dance then flopped rather than simply spun away from collision and lost her balance and proceeded to fake being hurt. For what purpose? Because they lost? The whole thing took about a second. That is a huge leap to make about her character just because people think she complains to refs too much or tries to sell fouls.
It seems people can rationalize whatever they want to believe - especially if they have a predetermined disposition toward a player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT