ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio votes to make abortion rights protected in their constitution

What denomination were you baptized into?

The reason I ask is because I'm interested in learning.

I was baptized as an infant into the Catholic Church. I went to University of Maryland and basically left.

I started reading lots of atheist philosophy like Nietszche, Schopenhauer and Camus. I didn't go to Church for 15 years.

In August of 2016, I went back.

I think Judaism was valid before Jesus. I think all religions have truths in them for sure.
JFC - you ask me why my parents didn't baptize me and then ask me what denomination I was baptized into. Another example of you not being able to keep things straight. No wonder you're so gullible.

So Judaism was valid then, but no longer? Other religions have truths in them, but they aren't valid because, in your view, only Catholicism can be right? The other views are wrong?

Not expecting anything other than another word salad, deflecting response.

JFC - you ask me why my parents didn't baptize me and then ask me what denomination I was baptized into. Another example of you not being able to keep things straight. No wonder you're so gullible.

So Judaism was valid then, but no longer? Other religions have truths in them, but they aren't valid because, in your view, only Catholicism can be right? The other views are wrong?

Not expecting anything other than another word salad, deflecting response.

My bad: I meant what denomination was the pastor and your parents?

I wouldn't call myself gullible. I've been an atheist, agnostic and theist. I've read philosophy and theology almost every day since 2008.

I'm most interested in the purpose to life.

Catholicism is the fullness of the truth but other religions have partial truths like belief in God, good ethical teachings, etc.

Does that make sense?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
My bad: I meant what denomination was the pastor and your parents?

I wouldn't call myself gullible. I've been an atheist, agnostic and theist. I've read philosophy and theology almost every day since 2008.

Catholicism is the fullness of the truth but other religions have partial truths like belief in God, good ethical teachings, etc.

Does that make sense?
No. It's apparent you flit from one belief to the next and are easy to manipulate. And self righteous.

Non-denominational. Open minded and welcoming.

It's fun to call out your nonsense from time to time. I'm bored with it now.

No. It's apparent you flit from one belief to the next and are easy to manipulate. And self righteous.

Non-denominational. Open minded and welcoming.

It's fun to call out your nonsense from time to time. I'm bored with it now.

Whose is manipulating me?

I've done this all myself. :)

Do you ever think about the purpose to life?

tantrum-kid.gif

You are using faulty logic.

That a majority believe that abortions should be legal up to 15 weeks does not mean a majority believe abortions should be illegal after 15 weeks. I think 20 weeks would be supported by most Americans. I believe 25 weeks would be supported by most women - which imo is more important.

Also, the 15 weeks is not presented as an attempt to compromise conservatives with progressives - it is a compromise within the conservative community between the hardliners who are opposed from day one (including opposition to the "morning after pill") and everyone else in the GOP. 20 weeks would come closer to representing a compromise between conservatives and progressives.

Consider that many abortion decisions are made based on the results of pre-natal testing that takes place 11 to 20 weeks into a pregnancy. If abortion is to be used for something other than birth control for the careless, women need to have an opportunity find out just what her pregnancy, and her prospective child's life, is going to entail.
I’m good with that. Abortion is one of the many reasons I’ve drifted away from the Republican Party as I’ve aged.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
The SCOTUS will rule against states like Alabama, Missouri and Oklahoma. Will they ignore the SCOTUS?
Who is going to stop them? They have God on their side.

Yeahbut....this is the same "God" that issued an 'abortion formula' for unfaithful wives in OT Numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT