ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic wrestling results

I thought action should have been kept going. Should have maybe lost that match. I think she needs to stay attacking but last games scared her.

Anyone know what channel this is happening on? I’m flipping through five channels and haven’t found any wrestling today.

I thought action should have been kept going. Should have maybe lost that match. I think she needs to stay attacking but last games scared her.
She touched her head out of bounds which automatically stops the action in freestyle, no judgment call. However, she was fortunate to not give up caution and 2 for doing it, which would have lost her the match.

So far this has seemed like the Olympics for women. nttatwwt.
Women's athletics worldwide isn't nearly as deep and has much less overall competition, so countries that push women's athletics (like the US) tend to do really well.

Media coverage in the US tends to focus on events where Americans are winning medals.

So it feels like you have TONS of women's coverage.

Women's athletics worldwide isn't nearly as deep and has much less overall competition, so countries that push women's athletics (like the US) tend to do really well.

Media coverage in the US tends to focus on events where Americans are winning medals.

So it feels like you have TONS of women's coverage.
We’ve had men winning medals this week. But the stories pushed by the media have been about other things like bikinis and people pulling out of competition.

The human interest aspect of Olympic coverage bores me and has since it became the norm back in the day when it was decided by media moguls that pure sporting events couldn’t hold peoples’ attention.

Last edited:
We’ve had men winning medals this week. But the stories pushed by the media have been about other things like bikinis and people pulling out of competition.

The human interest aspect of Olympic coverage bores me and has since it became the norm back in the day again it was decided by media moguls that pure sport guy lent hero peoples’ attention.
I'm okay with media coverage of bikinis....I mean beach volleyball.

Mensah Stock just teched the reigning Olympic champ from Japan in the first period. NBD
Not the toughest competition in the bracket, setting aside paper accomplishments. Dosho hasn't been the same since a shoulder injury. Tamyrah beat her 10-1 last time and did what she should do here. Her next opponent beat her at the 2020 Pellicone. That's the big one.

Not the toughest competition in the bracket, setting aside paper accomplishments. Dosho hasn't been the same since a shoulder injury. Tamyrah beat her 10-1 last time and did what she should do here. Her next opponent beat her at the 2020 Pellicone. That's the big one.
I think any woman making the team from Japan is definitely not someone to overlook, but I’ll admit I don’t follow women closely enough to know the details.
Hope she can keep it rolling in the quarters.

I think any woman making the team from Japan is definitely not someone to overlook, but I’ll admit I don’t follow women closely enough to know the details.
Hope she can keep it rolling in the quarters.
Didn't mean to say Dosho wasn't good. Still a medal contender, but Tamyrah hammered her last time too. If this match was close, it would be a bad sign. The next opponent is the only person to beat her in the last couple years if I'm not mistaken.

Damn, Gray loses the final and takes silver. Made a couple of sloppy mistakes that really cost her.

How do they decide who to hit with the 30 second warning? In the Gray match it seemed like neither woman did anything prior to that. Not complaining. I like the rule honestly. I just don’t know what made that Gray’s penalty.

How do they decide who to hit with the 30 second warning? In the Gray match it seemed like neither woman did anything prior to that. Not complaining. I like the rule honestly. I just don’t know what made that Gray’s penalty.
It’s positioning more than anything. Center control will usually earn a caution for the other wrestler.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life247
It is always interesting to see the post Olympic doping results. Not say this particular case, but track and field had some incredible personal best leaps.

Reactions: rider57
What's a tough bracket to you if this ain't it?

Rd 1: 2016 Olympic Champ
Rd 2: 2x world medalist
Rd 3: 2018 world champ

What's a tough bracket to you if this ain't it?

Rd 1: 2016 Olympic Champ
Rd 2: 2x world medalist
Rd 3: 2018 world champ
Think you misread me. She had a crazy tough draw. Her quarter and semi opponents were tougher than Dosho though.

Reactions: pumpdog20
Think you misread me. She had a crazy tough draw. Her quarter and semi opponents were tougher than Dosho though.

The Nigerian is not going to be cake either. Her style of wrestling would look right at home in the basement of 1 Elliot Dr, Woodshed, Iowa.. I still think TMS gets it done but it will be a battle.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
It’s positioning more than anything. Center control will usually earn a caution for the other wrestler.
The term is passivity. Caution results in points... ala "penalty"

When I officiate, we are directed to pick someone at the 1:00 mark...they need to be hit again in the next :30 if no scoring occurs. The first time is "passivity warning." The next time is "passive>' and thus begins the :30 activity clock. You will then often see the next person get dinged in about :30 in the 2nd period....then maybe..maybe :30 later get hit again putting them on the clock. This way, you now have 1-1 at a minimum with 2:00 in activity left in the match. You want the wrestling to sort itself out and not have an official dictate a winner....

Hope the "officials strategy" helps

The term is passivity. Caution results in points... ala "penalty"

When I officiate, we are directed to pick someone at the 1:00 mark...they need to be hit again in the next :30 if no scoring occurs. The first time is "passivity warning." The next time is "passive>' and thus begins the :30 activity clock. You will then often see the next person get dinged in about :30 in the 2nd period....then maybe..maybe :30 later get hit again putting them on the clock. This way, you now have 1-1 at a minimum with 2:00 in activity left in the match. You want the wrestling to sort itself out and not have an official dictate a winner....

Hope the "officials strategy" helps
It seems being "directed" to do this indeed often leads to an official "dictating" a winner.

How about just call it according to the truth of what is happening versus a subjective tit for tat officiating strategy?

It seems being "directed" to do this indeed often leads to an official "dictating" a winner.

How about just call it according to the truth of what is happening versus a subjective tit for tat officiating strategy?
Being directed to make a call increases scoring. Otherwise you end up like folkstyle where refs sit on their whistle and no one scores for the entire match. In freestyle, someone is losing after 1:30 of the match. No more sitting around and doing nothing, time to score if you’re losing.

The Nigerian is not going to be cake either. Her style of wrestling would look right at home in the basement of 1 Elliot Dr, Woodshed, Iowa.. I still think TMS gets it done but it will be a battle.
You're very right. They wrestled at BTS and TMS beat her 2-1, all 3 points coming from the shot clock. TMS made a big jump after that year, but it could still be a battle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT