ADVERTISEMENT

OM~~~Hindsight 20/20

Announcer: "And Oliver Martin with a 12 yard Touchdown grab"

***Camera pans over to Scott Frost smirking walking up the sideline to high five Martin

Announcer: "And that Touchdown catch from Martin finally puts Nebraska on the board with 5 minutes to go in the game as the Hawkeyes lead it now 38-7"

1 reception for 7 yards. Entirely invisible throughout the game.

Its a free country but after things did not work out at Michigan AND Iowa, I might have thought about giving myself the maximum chance of success by moving down a level, so to speak. Or even move to the Big 12, which has tons of passing and minimal defense. Find a school with a lot of passing and/or lesser competition.

Big 12 (Kansas, Kansas State, ISU or West Virginia)
Other: UNI, Nevada, Arkansas State, North Texas, SMU, Kent St., Western Mich., Troy, Arizona, Toledo

Above are just examples. Main point is to stop picking B1G teams.

Proof that OM should have been starting here.

Is this serious? Many players have won the underwear olympics in the NFL and never became stars. I wish OM would have stayed and become a star at Iowa, but he is at his third school in three years and and has caught a total of 21 passes including 2 touchdowns. I am not sure who you think he should have gotten playing time over while at Iowa. It was his decision to leave.

So you’re sober and crying about a guy who’s caught 2 TDS in 4 years at a school that hasn’t been to a bowl game in 5 years.

Hunter Biden can sober up. You’ll always be this way.
Look, OM and Enos being here both on the 19squad would have won us the whole thang. That's all I'm saying.

Look, OM and Enos being here both on the 19squad would have won us the whole thang. That's all I'm saying.
This is all I'm going to say to you about this because I'm well aware of your obsession with Oliver, he would have been playing more if he was good enough for the Hawks. He's so good he walked onto a crappy Nebraska team and did squat, and its not like he's a freshman anymore.
Now if Eno had come to Iowa City, yes he would have made the Hawks a better team.

Oliver took his talents to Lincoln, where he was a backup on a 3-5 team.

He caught 5 passes, the same number he had at Iowa in 2019.

Some day his elite athleticism may translate to the football field.

But the clock is ticking. Did he transfer this year?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Which is exactly why I said it the way I did. TD #, alone, doesn't signify importance OR lack of importance.
Warren Holloway was a committed Hawkeye and good teammate for 5 years, his touchdown came against the defending national champs, and will be remembered for decades. Oliver Martin didn't want to be a Hawkeye out of high school, didn't fit in with his teammates when he came crawling back, scored a TD against a MAC team, and quit.

This thread is a trolljob, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Warren Holloway was a committed Hawkeye and good teammate for 5 years, and his touchdown came against the defending national champs and will be remembered for decades. Oliver Martin didn't want Iowa out of high school, didn't fit in with his teammates when he came crawling back, scored a TD against a MAC team, and quit.

This thread is a trolljob, plain and simple.
Totally agree.

I think everyone who has played football has had a workout warrior as a teammate that was a legend in their own mind due to their testing ability. That’s OM.

I think everyone who has played football has had a workout warrior as a teammate that was a legend in their own mind due to their testing ability. That’s OM.
I think it’s more ‘legend in the mind of non objective posters’
OM when I knew him wasn’t a ‘legend in their own mind’ type of kid.

Reactions: WSC72
You're STILL flogging this poor horse?
WelltodoHandsomeFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT