ADVERTISEMENT

On a scale of 1-10, how worried should I be?

cndyman

HR All-American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Ok, so a good friend of mine, his son tested positive today for Covid. He’s 17 and has zero symptoms. Only got tested because another kid he works with tested positive. Exposure was 12 days ago. I was with my buddy on Monday for about 2 hours, my buddy is getting tested tomorrow, he has zero symptoms and his wife has zero symptoms...and my friend has asthma, so I’m guessing if he had it, he would have some symptoms by now for sure. I found a place in town I can get tested tomorrow and have results same day.

do I sleep easy tonight, or spend the evening updating my will?

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Ok, so a good friend of mine, his son tested positive today for Covid. He’s 17 and has zero symptoms. Only got tested because another kid he works with tested positive. Exposure was 12 days ago. I was with my buddy on Monday for about 2 hours, my buddy is getting tested tomorrow, he has zero symptoms and his wife has zero symptoms...and my friend has asthma, so I’m guessing if he had it, he would have some symptoms by now for sure. I found a place in town I can get tested tomorrow and have results same day.

Can I have your avatar?

Smoke a bowl
Go to sleep
Wake up in the a.m.
Strut in like a peacock and take the test whilst saying loudly, "M1FL, M2ers rape puppies"

giphy.gif

Are you over 70?

Reactions: Nipigu
nope....49 and holding!

According to current US CDC statistics you're smack in the middle of the 45-54 age group which has a 4.85% chance of dying once you test positive for Covid. That includes women though, for men it's probably closer to 7-8% If you're balding that seems to be an increased risk factor as is having A type blood. So on the lower end of that 4.85% death rate are women with no balding and Type O blood. On the bad side are bald men with Type A blood. .

According to current US CDC statistics you're smack in the middle of the 45-54 age group which has a 4.85% chance of dying once you test positive for Covid. That includes women though, for men it's probably closer to 7-8% If you're balding that seems to be an increased risk factor as is having A type blood. So on the lower end of that 4.85% death rate are women with no balding and Type O blood. On the bad side are bald men with Type A blood. .
Wow! So, having my hair helps me? Who knew! Thank you to my mom's paternal genes! My Papa Yates came through!

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Wow! So, having my hair helps me? Who knew! Thank you to my mom's paternal genes! My Papa Yates came through!

Two small scale studies were done, one in the US and one in Spain. They found in the US that of those male covid patients that were hospitalized, a whopping 71% had male pattern baldness. The Spanish results were even more alarming for Picard and Pitbull lookalikes, as it was 79%! That is above the usual rate of about 50% of men having male pattern baldness. In essence that means if you're balding you've got a 4x greater chance of being hospitalized for Covid.

On the blood type it's not quite as startling but is statistically significant. In a pretty large European study, Type A were 45% more likely to be hospitalized or killed by Covid than average and Type O were 35% less likely than average to be hospitalized.

As far as gender, Men are about 2.5x as likely to die from Covid than women.

So you DO NOT want to be a bald male with Type A blood. Especially if you're fat, diabetic, asthmatic and/or have heart issues. That's essentially a death sentence.

Two small scale studies were done, one in the US and one in Spain. They found in the US that of those male covid patients that were hospitalized, a whopping 71% had male pattern baldness. The Spanish results were even more alarming for Picard and Pitbull lookalikes, as it was 79%! That is above the usual rate of about 50% of men having male pattern baldness. In essence that means if you're balding you've got a 4x greater chance of being hospitalized for Covid.

On the blood type it's not quite as startling but is statistically significant. In a pretty large European study, Type A were 45% more likely to be hospitalized or killed by Covid than average and Type O were 35% less likely than average to be hospitalized.

So you DO NOT want to be a bald male with Type A blood. Especially if you're fat, diabetic, asthmatic and/or have heart issues. That's essentially a death sentence.
As if us bald dudes don't have an uphill battle as it is. If the universe has it out for me, it is what it is. Lol
And for the record, I found this little ditty for my fellow bald brothers, perhaps we're not all doomed.
https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/09/baldnesssevere-covid-study-coughs-big-hairball-14838

Last edited:

Well, I'm in exceptional health. Always have been. I don't drink, or smoke. I exercise daily. Eat well, and can wear the same clothes I wore in college.

Man, I have a nice thick head of hair for someone pushing 50!

No more masks for me! ;)

So you DO NOT want to be a bald male with Type A blood. Especially if you're fat, diabetic, asthmatic and/or have heart issues.
62 with thinning hair and type O. Prolly 10 pounds overweight, no diabeetus, asthma, or heart issues.

Prognosis HROT?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT