ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Iowa High School basketball postseason seeding predictions

El Simbolo

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2002
Anyone know which computer ranking the 4A postseason seeding has generally followed more closely? BCMoore rankings or Bound.com power index? IHSAA doesn't have an official basketball RPI, like it does for football, does it? I know they're doing an official Top 10 this year, but that doesn't help predict seeding for teams #11 and lower. Looks like brackets will be released the week of 2/13. In the past they would release the 6 teams in each substate bracket earlier, and then seed them later - sounds like they won't announce anything until the week of 2/13 and those will be the full substate brackets with seeding.

Thanks!

Even if this isn't what you're asking, to my knowledge, the Association/Union do not use BCMoore when comprising the postseason pairings.

I do not know how much they follow the GoBound website though.

Here's my projections for 4A brackets to be released later today. The hardest part is not knowing how they’ll handle teams from central Iowa that have good computer rankings but sub-500 records, and teams from eastern Iowa (or non-CIML areas) with winning records, but lower computer rankings. I ranked every team 1-48 by winning percentage, then averaged that ranking with BCMoore and VarsityBound. Then I adjusted some of the teams with losing records down a little bit more - since that's what IHSAA seemed to do with 1A and 2A (record seemed to be valued over power ranking). I wonder how close I’ll be?

20230213-4-Aprojection.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT