ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jess Settles Article

skydog0784

HB Heisman
Sep 11, 2013
I thought some of you may want to read an article about Jess in the recent Iowa Farmer Today publication (and yes I do read it weekly as I'm a fun guy). Talks about his love of farming, being a Hawkeye, IA hoops player, and him being a BTN basketball analyst.

The article reminded me of an on air exchange in the BTN studios between Settles, Resvine, and DeCourcy when Resvine asked Settles something to the effect of "which state has bigger barns - IA or IN?" to which Jess replied "both states have roughly the same size barns but IN barns have more basketball hoops on them". DeCourcy really thought that was funny & fist bumped Jess. Resvine then said "well I know one barn in Winfield, IA that has a basketball hoop".

Jess will always be a Hawk favorite for many of us...

https://www.agupdate.com/iowafarmer...cle_396da7ee-16b6-11ea-9a76-fb51442eb6cd.html

Probably my second favorite Hawk all time behind Ronnie Lester. Does he have any kids? Would love to see a healthy Settles in uniform again. Edit: see he has 3 daughters.

Reactions: skydog0784
I thought some of you may want to read an article about Jess in the recent Iowa Farmer Today publication (and yes I do read it weekly as I'm a fun guy). Talks about his love of farming, being a Hawkeye, IA hoops player, and him being a BTN basketball analyst.

The article reminded me of an on air exchange in the BTN studios between Settles, Resvine, and DeCourcy when Resvine asked Settles something to the effect of "which state has bigger barns - IA or IN?" to which Jess replied "both states have roughly the same size barns but IN barns have more basketball hoops on them". DeCourcy really thought that was funny & fist bumped Jess. Resvine then said "well I know one barn in Winfield, IA that has a basketball hoop".

https://www.agupdate.com/iowafarmer...cle_396da7ee-16b6-11ea-9a76-fb51442eb6cd.html
Is he still eligible? Will he be playing tonight?

Jess has one game left in eligibility,... so he will be on call..

EP-308149998.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

Settles to replace Fran. If Howard can be effective at Michigan..... it's silly I know. Settles had the ideal style and personality of my ideal Iowa player.

Reactions: 24 so far
Settles to replace Fran. If Howard can be effective at Michigan..... it's silly I know. Settles had the ideal style and personality of my ideal Iowa player.

He did coach a couple of years at Iowa Wesleyan and his wife coached at Mt. Pleasant High School -- they could come as a team :)

Maybe not that silly of an idea. Settles is what Iowa basketball is all about...a player that knew the game and played hard. He's a pretty good BTN analyst too.

Probably my second favorite Hawk all time behind Ronnie Lester. Does he have any kids? Would love to see a healthy Settles in uniform again. Edit: see he has 3 daughters.

Fun story; see link in tweet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT