ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers for my beloved dad

pepsicock

HR King
May 11, 2006
5 miles from Willams Brice stadium
We had to put him in hospice at home yesterday . 😥 He has kidney failure. He was my big fishing buddy. He is 86 and his birthday is in December . Really tearing me up . I have cried so much I could fill up the ocean . My mom just turned 87 last Saturday. i know he will be in heaven with my sister that past away with Cancer in 2014 .Love ya dad 😢 I thought the mods would let me do this on a off week . If not they coukld possibly move this to the off topic board HORT

Sorry to hear Pepsi..your dad, you and your family/friends are in my prayers!! I don’t know you however it sounds like you have eternal wisdom being a “beliver”..1 Thessalonians 4:14..for if we believe that JESUS CHRIST died and rose again even so them also which sleep in JESUS CHRIST will GOD bring with him.
One day you’ll be reunited with them in a much better place.

We had to put him in hospice at home yesterday . 😥 He has kidney failure. He was my big fishing buddy. He is 86 and his birthday is in December . Really tearing me up . I have cried so much I could fill up the ocean . My mom just turned 87 last Saturday. i know he will be in heaven with my sister that past away with Cancer in 2014 .Love ya dad 😢 I thought the mods would let me do this on a off week . If not they coukld possibly move this to the off topic board HORT
Gods speed to your father and entire family I will definitely put him in my prayers and hope for the best Pep… keep the faith my friend. I battled acute kidney failure 2 years ago as I couldn’t keep water down at the end (before I went to the ER) little did I know my potassium level was so high and my blood pressure was so low I wasn’t released for a week as I was stuck with IV’s of saline and all this other stuff I had lost over 28 pounds in a month before my stubborn ass got in to the ER, thankfully my doctor had done my blood work 2 days before and when they called on that Friday they had left 5 messages for me - when I finally got the messages I went in and my kidneys were running at 7 to 9% - in which is mind boggling.

I hope everything turns out for your pops it’s a tough pill to swallow but he’s definitely in my prayers my friend.

Thoughts and prayers.

All the best to you Pepsi. Hospice care at home is the way to go. Went through it with my mom. As for posting here verses the OT board, it is OK. More posters will see it here instead of being buried on the OT board.

• Love
Reactions: pepsicock
Many prayers for you and your family Pepsi.
May you all find peace knowing that he will be in a better place than here.

• Love
God bless your Dad, your and his family and friends pepsi. Tears are certainly understandable, try to be strong for your family. I do honestly believe that he is going to a better Place. When that happens you will miss him terribly, but keep faith that you will see him again someday in a happy reunion.

Thoughts and Prayers.

• Love
My thoughts go out to you, pepsicock.
I've lost two fishing buddies over the years, it stinks.
Good luck going forward, and hope you get a new fishing buddy to make memories with

• Love
Thoughts and prayers for your dad. He raised a good one - give him a hearty “Go Cocks!” for me.

• Love
Just spent 5 days in your beloved state. Now I know your wonderful demeanor and ability to be just one of the guys is not unique as everyone treated us with so much respect and kindnes.

All thoughts and prayers this morning for your family.

• Love
Sincere thoughts to you and your family, Pepsi. Over the years you have been a friend of this board, and your weekly good lucks never go unnoticed by me or a majority of the Hawks on here.

• Love
Sorry to hear of this sad development in your family,Pepsi. Our family is pulling for your dad and his loved ones. Hang in there.

• Love
Hang tough-- lean on family and friends. I feel for ya-- lost my Mom almost one year ago and will likely never get past the deep sense of loss losing her. But I know now she's in a wonderful place. Prayers and thoughts your way.

• Love
Hang tough-- lean on family and friends. I feel for ya-- lost my Mom almost one year ago and will likely never get past the deep sense of loss losing her. But I know now she's in a wonderful place. Prayers and thoughts your way.
We are all Christians . Love God and Jesus and believe in for ever lasting life . God bless

Wouldn't worry about the mods here, their pretty good eggs. T&P's to you Pepsi. Lost my dad when he was just 67, so some 15 years ago. Main reason I'm still a Hawk fan. Even when I moved to Missouri, he used to make VHS tapes, (yes I said VHS tapes guys), and he send me the tapes of all the football and basketball games. (this was before the BTN etc...). Then we'd connect on the phone and do alot of what we do here, and talk about the games. I'll never forget him calling me when Chris Street was killed in the accident. He was my lifeline for all things Hawkeye. Best of luck to you and yours Pepsicock, an honorary Hawk fan, if ever there was one.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT