ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spencer Petras

You are wasting your time arguing with swagsurfer or whatever his handle is as I dont think he reads other posts with much understanding and just throws stuff out there

And not sure they are a hawk fan for all the player bashing. Yeah, our passing attack is pretty weak but Cade is completing a much higher percentage of passes than last year.
You are wasting your time arguing with swagsurfer or whatever his handle is as I dont think he reads other posts with much understanding and just throws stuff out there

And not sure they are a hawk fan for all the player bashing. Yeah, our passing attack is pretty weak but Cade is completing a much higher percentage of passes than last year.
True, but those passes are mostly short, higher percentage throws. He's 55th in completion percentage, but 120th in yards per completion.

At some point, you would think enough Iowa fans would figure out the common denominator is Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa system.

Jake Rudock sucked until he went to Michigan; Nic Shimonek was unheard of then put up big numbers at Texas Tech after taking over for someone named Mahomes; Joey Labas was too much of a stoner and couldn’t pick up the offense; Spencer Petras was the worst quarterback to ever play D1 (until of course Deacon Hill saw the field).

A lot of these kids we deem as having no talent have benefited greatly from a change of scenery and have proven they don’t quite suck as much as Iowa fans originally thought.

It’s probably also worth mentioning guys like Charlie Jones, who was never ready to break into the Iowa wide receiver rotation and thus had to settle for a minor role at Purdue (lol).

It’s Kirk Ferentz, folks. No quarterback has done well in his offense. Not in recent memory at least. The last time an Iowa quarterback had 3,000 passing yards in a season was James Vandenberg in 2011.

That’s pathetic.
Yeah, but since (insert arbitrary date) there are only (insert some exclusive number) of teams have won more games than Iowa.

Who needs good QBs when you don’t play good teams very often?

Yeah, but since (insert arbitrary date) there are only (insert some exclusive number) of teams have won more games than Iowa.

Who needs good QBs when you don’t play good teams very often?
You probably also have a philosophy of "who needs a wife when you have a blow up doll", don't you?

After running for his life. I don’t defend Cade much but that’s a very tough throw for most QBs to make after scrambling forever. Nm the fact he has no knees anymore. I bet he hits that from a clean pocket easily.
Gimme a break, the guy has been In college football for 5plus years and he still can’t gather himself to make that wide open throw? The excuse making for this guy is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT