ADVERTISEMENT

Other games.

Thanks for nothing, Baylor.

Damn you suck.

And they were squarely on the 2-line, going in to today, based on the aggregate of bracketologists on Bracket Matrix. lol

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Why is OSU shooting 2-pt shots? They are down 8 with 20 seconds left. Iowa stormed back with threes.

All that sweat and everything else on it .... kissing the floor would not be on my To Do list.

LOL!

The coaches and administration got together before the Bama@TA&M game and made the decision that if TAM won, both teams would forego the handshake line and Alabama would just head to the locker room. For safety reasons, when the crowd rushed the court.

Not even one fan tried to run on to the court at the buzzer.

go-away-oops.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Drake is looking really good. Kicking SIU's arse.

39-23 at half.

fe0.jpg

Iowa Fans looking at Darian Devries....

For all those that were hoping to get matched up with Alford and kick his ass in the tournament, I regret to inform you that Nevada's tournament hopes are on life support. Nevada just lost their second straight Q3 game. I don't think they get in unless they go on a run in the MWC tournament.

For all those that were hoping to get matched up with Alford and kick his ass in the tournament, I regret to inform you that Nevada's tournament hopes are on life support. Nevada just lost their second straight Q3 game. I don't think they get in unless they go on a run in the MWC tournament.
According to some bracketologists, Nevada might not be as dead as they should be.

The Mountain West is getting the equivalent of 'B12 love' on the mid-major level this season.

As much as I want UNC to miss the tournament, would love for them to beat Dook.

Teams I think are competing for the final two 5 seeds and four 6 seeds: Iowa State, Creighton, San Diego St, TCU, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Iowa, Duke, MSU, Northwestern, Maryland, Mizzou
Would love if Iowa can get squeak into the top 6 of this group.

Teams I think are competing for the final two 5 seeds and four 6 seeds: Iowa State, Creighton, San Diego St, TCU, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Iowa, Duke, MSU, Northwestern, Maryland, Mizzou
I’m eagerly awaiting 6 seed Iowa playing 11 seed UNC in Greensboro.

*snort*

Iowa State has no business being a 5-6 or even a 7 seed.

Iowa State has no business being a 5-6 or even a 7 seed.
I would’ve agreed before they spanked Baylor on the road. With a bunch of high end wins, they’re looking at a 5 seed.

But IMO, they’re a vulnerable 5

How the hell is Kelly Pfeiffer allowed to work such a high quality - & high stakes - game like Arizona @ UCLA??

As to not quote everyone:

UNC ended the year with one Q1 win, at home against Virginia. They should be out unless they win the ACC title. The ACC just isn't that good.

I'm curious to see how the B12 does? Is it like last 2 years for the B10 when I thought we were strong and just beat the crap out of each other all year only to struggle in the tourney. I think the B12 is really good and I think ISU deserves a 6 or 7 seed, not being stuck on the 8 or 9 line right now. I feel like we are probably about a 7 or 8. Beat Nebraska and I would feel confident we will be a 7 at worst. Also, hopefully ranked!

I've watched Nevada. I'm confused where all the love comes from. They had a guy #50 (Baker?) That worked hard and did a ton. Nobody else really stood out. I wanted m watched their game against a really bad team in Wyoming. Both teams were bad but Wyoming was really terrible. I don't think they have 10 wins.

I have been watching a lot of B1G BB the past week or two, and I have concluded that Iowa might be lucky to have Fran as their coach. The B1G coaches, who I respect, are Painter, although he is not a good game coach, Willard at Mary Land, the mayor at Nebbie, Piekiell (sp?) at RU, and Collins at NW. Some of the others are able to recruit better than Iowa, because of the school (IU, UM, OSU, Illannoy), but otherwise, they are highly overrated as coaches. And, I just can't stand Gard or Izzo.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I have been watching a lot of B1G BB the past week or two, and I have concluded that Iowa might be lucky to have Fran as their coach. The B1G coaches, who I respect, are Painter, although he is not a good game coach, Willard at Mary Land, the mayor at Nebbie, Piekiell (sp?) at RU, and Collins at NW. Some of the others are able to recruit better than Iowa, because of the school (IU, UM, OSU, Illannoy), but otherwise, they are highly overrated as coaches. And, I just can't stand Gard or Izzo.
I agree. I think the Big Ten coaching rank would be
1) Painter
2) Izzo
3) Fran

And I don't think it's that hot of a take. Pikiell and Collins are right there and do more with less--if they were to build their programs to making the tournament 4 out of every 5 tournaments, they'd be above Fran. I could see Willard surpassing them all eventually (his recruiting class he's bringing in next year looks very good to me).
Underwood and Gard is probably the next tier after that. Though my opinion on both of them has lowered after this season.
Woodson and Juwan are recruiters that run bad stuff IMO. Juwan has really underutilized Dickinson this year.
I'm maybe writing Holtmann off after 1 bad year. He recruits well, but no real tourney success like Fran and often underachieves with the talent he has.
Shrewsberry I'm in wait and see mode.
Hoiberg is a good guy, really adapted to his players this year and slowed things down. We will see if he can ever succeed at Nebraska.
Johnson is last. I hope Minnesota keeps him as long as possible.

Anyone else make it through this San Francisco 2OT WCC quarterfinal win over Santa Clara?? [a few minutes shy of 2:30a CST Sunday morning, currently]

This type of game is why I love March.

March CBB is just magical. Every game, save for the top 1 or 2 dogs, in these mid-major tourneys are absolutely 'do or die'. Just all out fights for survival.

(Championship Week {& beyond} is magical .... at least until Iowa gets eliminated in the BTT, and then the NCAAs - then it turns into a pumpkin)

Last edited:
Busy day in the Big Ten today:

11:00 - Maryland at Penn State on BTN
11:30 - Illinois at Purdue on Fox
1:00 - Nebraska at Iowa on BTN
3:30 - Michigan at Indiana on CBS
6:30 - Northwestern at Rutgers on BTN
6:30 - Wisconsin at Minnesota on FS1

Reactions: HawkBall23
Definitely.

Any team outside the B12 with their resume would be lucky to find themselves on the 9-line.
Can’t agree. 9 Q1 wins and an 18-12 record. ISU also lost a buy-win due to a snow storm. So effectively, 19-12. And no, the game not played was not supposed to be against Eastern Illinois.

Iowa is 19-12 and is on the 8-9 line most likely. I guess they are just lucky.

Can’t agree. 9 Q1 wins and an 18-12 record. ISU also lost a buy-win due to a snow storm. So effectively, 19-12. And no, the game not played was not supposed to be against Eastern Illinois.

Iowa is 19-12 and is on the 8-9 line most likely. I guess they are just lucky.
Funny screen name…….you must not leave Story county much!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT