ADVERTISEMENT

Packers new coach?

Funky Bunch

HR Legend
Mar 30, 2011
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Packers are "zeroing in on" Titans OC Matt LaFleur for their head-coaching job.

Per Schefter, Green Bay has "begun notifying" other candidates that they're out, and it's expected the job goes to LaFleur. It sounds like this thing could be official anytime now. LaFleur spent 2017 as the Rams' offensive coordinator under coach Sean McVay and then left to be the play-caller and OC for the Titans this past year, leading the offense under defensive-minded coach Mike Vrabel. LaFleur's offense didn't jump off the page in Tennessee, but the Packers appear to be betting on the scheme that has been so successful with McVay and Kyle Shanahan, who LaFleur also coached with as the QBs coach in Atlanta from 2015-2016.
Related: Packers

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12165/matt-lafleur

I know if I had a guy like Aaron Jones he’d be getting 20+ carries a game.

Unless a whining pre-madonna (;)) like Erin Rodgers was standing in the way of that offensive philosophy.

Not sure what to think of this hire. Probably give it a 4/10. Would have preferred Gase.

Is he ok taking orders from a washed up, overpaid QB?

Last edited:
Reactions: QChawks
Sounds like he’s keeping Pettine, which I can live with. The Packer defense was decent until late when they were down to just 3 starters.
IDK man seemed like they didn't have anyone to really disrupt the QB. Guessing they probably sign another over the hill TE as their big off season move.

Sounds like he’s keeping Pettine, which I can live with. The Packer defense was decent until late when they were down to just 3 starters.
IDK man seemed like they didn't have anyone to really disrupt the QB. Guessing they probably sign another over the hill TE as their big off season move.
They’ll get Fant with NO’s 1st then Hockenson in the 3rd. And both Hooker and Allen in the 5th.

Similar to the McCarthy hire-- not the OC of the team with the best offense, but had been around some very good offenses and made do with at least one pretty mediocre qb before coming to green bay and taking them to a couple conference title games and a super bowl win pretty quickly. I mean, he is no Brad Childress, but still.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT