ADVERTISEMENT

padillia

sadiehawkins

HR All-American
Sep 21, 2008
what will it take for him to get a few handoffs in a game? why is it that he can t get a few reps in mop-up duty? When does being a good team mate stop? plus what a human piece of shit is the head coach and his kid when they won't give a backup QB s a little playing time? don t the 2 backs up pay their dues showing up for practice just like everybody else?

No, Padilla doesn't put in the time. He isn't in the film room. He's pretty much there to get into medical school.

At what point has there been any mop-up time? I guess the last drive yesterday, but Petras led them to a scoring drive that will make the team better. Even if there were mop-up time this season, wouldn't you want to use it as a chance to give a rhythm to some guys on an offense that has struggled?

"Piece of shit human" in no way applies to KF. But it certainly does a apply to a lot of football "fans".

Any other questions, genius?

No, Padilla doesn't put in the time. He isn't in the film room. He's pretty much there to get into medical school.

At what point has there been any mop-up time? I guess the last drive yesterday, but Petras led them to a scoring drive that will make the team better. Even if there were mop-up time this season, wouldn't you want to use it as a chance to give a rhythm to some guys on an offense that has struggled?

"Piece of shit human" in no way applies to KF. But it certainly does a apply to a lot of football "fans".

Lol, You really think Padilla doesn't watch film ever? Med school didn't stop Ferentz from trotting out Rudock for a whole season until he was almost fired because of a fan mutiny... remember the January press conference?

This is not new with Ferentz... look at 2012. He loves giving us fans the middle finger but the joke is on him because he is nationally lampooned for being incompetent. Oh well he got his money.
How about when KF switched to Stanzi from Christensen? How about when he switched to Beathard from Ruddock?

People who always cry for the backup QB are bad for the team

Maybe after Michigans 2nd drive anything after that is mop up time.

And you know this how...genius?

If Padilla is the future, I’m not feeling too good about the future.

Better hope one of the young QB’s takes the job or we get a portal QB.

Would love to see about 5-6 portal transfers between QB, WR, and OL.

Don't worry - I'm sure there will be a lot more than 5-6 players transferring through the portal.....FROM Iowa to another school. If this season plays out the way I think it will, we may be seeing a mass exodus of players on the offensive side of the ball with any kind of talent who feel like they are stuck in a hopeless offense and/or may never get a fair shot at playing time.

Where is your source on this Padilla info?

Piece of shit is a low blow, but I do agree 100 percent that not only Padilla but Labas should get snaps anytime they are available. I have never understand why coach has a problem with this. These guys work their butts off and are deserving not to mention it gets them more acclimated in the event of an injury.

Padilla hasn't shown that he's a world beater in his admittedly small sample size. But certainly shown enough to warrant some series. He's not necessarily the answer though. A significant problem is the apparent importance of how a qb looks in the artificial and completely controlled environment of practice vs how he looks in actual game play. I haven't heard another coach commenting about a qb with 20+ starts using practice performance to justify continuing to give his poorly performing qb every snap.

Up 27-10 against Rutgers with 1:30 left in the game isn't mop-up time?

If Padilla is the future, I’m not feeling too good about the future.

Better hope one of the young QB’s takes the job or we get a portal QB.

Hopefully in and not out.

The offense hasn't looked great. What's going to make them better? More reps.

You can't expect the offense to get any better giving the backups the reps. You can't have it both ways
Lol. Petras has looked like garbage as the starter for 3 years, but sure, that last 90 seconds against Rutgers is the answer to get everything figured out. Duh.

You are FOS

Heard from more than a few people that Padilla is transferring in December, KF is aware of this, and that’s the reason he isn’t playing. We will find out I guess. Even if that’s the case, then Labas or someone else should be given a shot.
Wouldn't blame him. Pretty unreal how KF reserves 100% of his loyalty for one guy, who isn't very good. I fully expect to see Deuce Hogan as a Heisman candidate next year playing lights out for UK.

Wouldn't blame him. Pretty unreal how KF reserves 100% of his loyalty for one guy, who isn't very good. I fully expect to see Deuce Hogan as a Heisman candidate next year playing lights out for UK.

I hope like heck that happens with hogan, it would be more proof kf is an idiot

The offense hasn't looked great. What's going to make them better? More reps.

You can't expect the offense to get any better giving the backups the reps. You can't have it both ways

Up 27-0 at 1:30AM after three weather delays vs Nevada. No, you’re right, Petras needs to be in there to build the reps here after five years in the program.

You are picking an awfully terrible hill to die on here and couldn’t be more wrong either.

This is not new with Ferentz... look at 2012. He loves giving us fans the middle finger but the joke is on him because he is nationally lampooned for being incompetent. Oh well he got his money.

The pundits of college football certainly recognize Iowa’s struggles, but Kirk Ferentz couldn’t be more respected as a man and as a football coach.

Reactions: eyesofhawk
So 1:30 of game time isn't valuable for Petras but somehow is for Padilla? Again, you guys can't have it both ways.

At no point so far this season would I have given any of the QB snaps to anyone other than Petras (unless it's some plays out of the wildcat). That's just the way I see it.

What is comes down to is all you people whining for the backup QB are weak people and bad fans. You're too weak to fight for a struggling team or or player. You were too weak to bother staying for the 4th quarter of the Purdue game. Most of you were probably too weak to support the team during tough seasons when Hayden was on the way out and Kirk was on the way in. Most of you were too weak to fight for the hoopers during the Lickliter years. It's all about what the Hawks can do for you. Never about what you can do for the Hawks. Most of you never played football, and quite simply don't know what you talking about. Many of you probably never played sports. If so, it's highly unlikely that you were team players.

Stop tearing down a team that you supposedly root for. A community full of people talking crap about a bunch of kids can NEVER help the team. It can ONLY hurt the team, if anything. It isn't rocket science.

Cheer for your team, shut up, or get the hell out of my state

We have lots of questions, but clearly none that you're even close to answering intelligently.

So 1:30 of game time isn't valuable for Petras but somehow is for Padilla? Again, you guys can't have it both ways.

At no point so far this season would I have given any of the QB snaps to anyone other than Petras (unless it's some plays out of the wildcat). That's just the way I see it.

What is comes down to is all you people whining for the backup QB are weak people and bad fans. You're too weak to fight for a struggling team or or player. You were too weak to bother staying for the 4th quarter of the Purdue game. Most of you were probably too weak to support the team during tough seasons when Hayden was on the way out and Kirk was on the way in. Most of you were too weak to fight for the hoopers during the Lickliter years. It's all about what the Hawks can do for you. Never about what you can do for the Hawks. Most of you never played football, and quite simply don't know what you talking about. Many of you probably never played sports. If so, it's highly unlikely that you were team players.

Stop tearing down a team that you supposedly root for. A community full of people talking crap about a bunch of kids can NEVER help the team. It can ONLY hurt the team, if anything. It isn't rocket science.

Cheer for your team, shut up, or get the hell out of my state
Holy shit this is gold.

Ok Brian, now get off the keyboard and go try and figure out how to put up 14 against Illinois so your dad can tell us all how much the offense has grown.

Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT