ADVERTISEMENT

Pan Ams, Qualifier

Agree with that.

Look at 2021 when he took bronze at the Olympics. Any one of these guys at 86KG could beat him except maybe Downey who could pull a rabbit out of a hat every once in awhile but I think Amine is just too fundamental for him:

1. David Taylor
2. Zahid Valencia
3. Pat Downey
4. Myles Martin
5. Gabe Dean
6. Bo Nickal
7. Nate Jackson

This is not to say that Amine couldn't beat 2-7 although I also don't think he would have beat Bo or Gabe. Zahid is hit and miss on cardio.

This year, it would be some combo of this. I would like to know how Ringer (Is he still up at CK?) match goes in practice but there are a few landmines to get past before a best of 3 with Taylor:
1David TaylorNittany Lion WC1
2Aaron BrooksNittany Lion WC2
3Zahid ValenciaSunkist Kids RTC3
4Chance MarstellerNew York City RTC4
5Trent HidlayWolfpack RTC5
6Alex DieringerCliff Keen WC6
7Mark HallPennsylvania RTC7
8Max DeanNittany Lion WC8

As for Gomez, this is another meat grinder:

1Nick LeeNittany Lion WC1
2Yianni DiakomihalisSpartan Combat RTC2
3Andrew AlirezNorthern Colorado WC3
4Beau BartlettNittany Lion WC4
5Joey McKennaPennsylvania RTC5
7Kaleb LarkinSunkist Kids WC7
8Austin DesantoHawkeye WC8
7Aden ValenciaCalifornia RTCNR
9Seth GrossWisconsin RTC9
10Matthew KolodzikNew Jersey RTC10

Look at 2021 when he took bronze at the Olympics. Any one of these guys at 86KG could beat him except maybe Downey who could pull a rabbit out of a hat every once in awhile but I think Amine is just too fundamental for him:

1. David Taylor
2. Zahid Valencia
3. Pat Downey
4. Myles Martin
5. Gabe Dean
6. Bo Nickal
7. Nate Jackson

This is not to say that Amine couldn't beat 2-7 although I also don't think he would have beat Bo or Gabe. Zahid is hit and miss on cardio.

This year, it would be some combo of this. I would like to know how Ringer (Is he still up at CK?) match goes in practice but there are a few landmines to get past before a best of 3 with Taylor:
1David TaylorNittany Lion WC1
2Aaron BrooksNittany Lion WC2
3Zahid ValenciaSunkist Kids RTC3
4Chance MarstellerNew York City RTC4
5Trent HidlayWolfpack RTC5
6Alex DieringerCliff Keen WC6
7Mark HallPennsylvania RTC7
8Max DeanNittany Lion WC8

As for Gomez, this is another meat grinder:

1Nick LeeNittany Lion WC1
2Yianni DiakomihalisSpartan Combat RTC2
3Andrew AlirezNorthern Colorado WC3
4Beau BartlettNittany Lion WC4
5Joey McKennaPennsylvania RTC5
7Kaleb LarkinSunkist Kids WC7
8Austin DesantoHawkeye WC8
7Aden ValenciaCalifornia RTCNR
9Seth GrossWisconsin RTC9
10Matthew KolodzikNew Jersey RTC10
Our process is long and grueling no doubt. Many more guys will leave in the future. You can't be an Olympic champion unless you qualify for he Olympics. Russians who are down the ladder have been moving for years to take the path of least resistance. The career window is short so I don't have a problem with it.

Reactions: el dub and eb05
Any of the guys who go to represent a different country can’t make the USA team. So they should stay and live and train in the country you represent. Denounce your American citizenship

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Any of the guys who go to represent a different country can’t make the USA team. So they should stay and live and train in the country you represent. Denounce your American citizenship
Many foreigners train in America as well. It's been happening for years. Russians transfer countries but still train in Russia. Wrestlers will always find the best training environment for themselves regardless what country it's in . My biggest issue is the coaches who represent America then go put on another nations colors . Athletes must choose I believe coaches should as well. You shouldnt be at UsaW training camps then coaching other countries

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Many foreigners train in America as well. It's been happening for years. Russians transfer countries but still train in Russia. Wrestlers will always find the best training environment for themselves regardless what country it's in . My biggest issue is the coaches who represent America then go put on another nations colors . Athletes must choose I believe coaches should as well. You shouldnt be at UsaW training camps then coaching other countries
Athletes and coaches should both denounce their citizenship. I don’t have a problem with that. Go earn a living in the country you represent

He’s not training in Mexico. He trains at PSU. He is a ringer for Mexico…works out for both of them. Also, where he is from in Tucson likely has more signs in Espanol than English. Also, it’s about 50
Miles to the border.

RBY is really the only one of this group I wish would have stayed and went through the process. However, I don’t know how long he is going to be a wrestler. Think he might go the UFC route.
Hi Chief, Concur, he's definitely a ringer for Mexico. That said, for two years I lived in Sierra Vista, AZ, which is about 3 times closer to the border than anywhere in Tucson, and a few years later went to Arizona State for my undergrad. I know where Tucson is and how far it is from the border. Totally understand that there are tons of Hispanic people from Mexico living in Arizona (and elsewhere), but my point remains that these guys are born in America, use "born in America" to enjoy every advantage there is with being born in America, and then wrestle for another country. I not only think it's silly but I think it's horseshit. RBY is a great American wrestler who IMO should represent America. And I'm not bashing anyone, except Manatee for calling me a moran when he clearly fails to see rhetoric in a post. As always, I appreciate your solid and always informational posts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT