ADVERTISEMENT

Parting Remarks

Lambertt

HR All-State
Jan 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
1. Excuses. Always an excuse for losing.
2. Coaching change. Replacing your coach with ex Penn State wrestlers who wrestled for your most hated rival.
3. Report Cards. Grading how wrestlers did after a wrestling match by a bunch of nobodies.
4. Defending Spencer Lee for quitting on his team.

1. Every fanbase does it. Even mine.
2. If you aren't looking at everybody, you aren't doing your job.
3. I don't like report cards either but it ain't my forum.
4. Lee didn't quit on his team, and none of us know why he didn't wrestle in the consis. I choose to accept that he had a good reason. Maybe it was simply that 3rd thru 6th wasn't 1st and wasn't worth the additional grind on his body. I had a bigger problem with Carter leaving B1Gs early, but still, these are young men. As we all remember, young men do rash things and we learn from our mistakes.

God forbid and thankfully our jobs don't have internet forums bashing our every move. "did you see PS85 took an extra 5 minutes for lunch today? He never used to do that. We need to bring someone in to compete for his job". Wouldn't that be great if every business had outsiders critiquing them?

Last edited:
4. Lee didn't quit on his team, and none of us know why he didn't wrestle in the consis. I choose to accept that he had a good reason. Maybe it was simply that 3rd thru 6th wasn't 1st and wasn't worth the additional grind on his body. I had a bigger problem with Carter leaving B1Gs early, but still, these are young men. As we all remember, young men do rash things and we learn from our mistakes.
Spencer said on his recent interview with Bader that his body was too beat up and it didn’t make sense for him to compete on the backside.

Spencer said on his recent interview with Bader that his body was too beat up and it didn’t make sense for him to compete on the backside.

This. And to add to this, he also said he was looking ahead at trying to get his body ready to compete in freestyle. He discussed it at length in the Bader interview that came out this week. Great interview, I'd highly recommend that people watch it.

2. Coaching change. Replacing your coach with ex Penn State wrestlers who wrestled for your most hated rival.
3. Report Cards. Grading how wrestlers did after a wrestling match by a bunch of nobodies.

Great points. Glad you feel better.
Hope the door hits you on the a$$ on your way out...

1. Every fanbase does it. Even mine.
2. If you aren't looking at everybody, you aren't doing your job.
3. I don't like report cards either but it ain't my forum.

God forbid and thankfully our jobs don't have internet forums bashing our every move. "did you see PS85 took an extra 5 minutes for lunch today? He never used to do that. We need to bring someone in to compete for his job". Wouldn't that be great if every business had outsiders critiquing them?

oh hell penn state just can’t stop winning everything. they win the individual and team titles now they have to win the best post on the hawkeye report message boards.

5. Idiots. You leaving reduces the number of them posting here.

Calls this board out for grading wrestlers, and then takes a shot at Lee. He’s probably too dumb to understand irony, but the last two points are the definition. Likely another coal region loser that couldn’t gain acceptance to main campus on his best day.

And Penn State always has an excuse for winning, along with why they're ruining the sport of college wrestling. Always with the excuses......
You had to go steal from the state of Iowa to build your garbage evil empire. For shame.

And since you're allowed to do that, then we're allowed to get rid of Brands' tired act and bring in a former Penn State wrestler to end Cael's empire.
We know our team best. Also, Im sorry you're jealous that we coined "grades/report cards" after matches to give the fans talking points after meets.
Because he didn't quit on his team. But leave it to a Penn State fan to make excuses to troll.

5. Iowa > Penn State

6. Deal with it. :cool:

Horses$&t. You think if he would have beat Ramos in the semis, he would have said, “you know, I can’t go in the finals, my body is too beat up.”
Can you read? Read the part where he said his body was too beat up and it didn’t make sense for him to COMPETE ON THE BACKSIDE. At that point Iowa had basically locked up 2nd and had no chance at 1st. To him, the risk far outweighed any benefit. Going for 1st still would have been a giant difference…

Horses$&t. You think if he would have beat Ramos in the semis, he would have said, “you know, I can’t go in the finals, my body is too beat up.”
Did u watch the interview? Of course he would have wrestled the finals. It would have been an acceptable risk to win a fourth title. Not acceptable to wrestle for 3rd when he was eying recovering fully for team trials when he also bowed out early. He also alluded to the fact he should have had surgery right away instead of waiting a year. Which he was Probly doing for “the team”.

Hope things turn around for you today. I am a big Hawkeye fan and also a big fan of sensible, intelligent wrestling fans in general.
My day sucked because I was trying to file a quarterly unemployment tax report to the state of SC. They don't tell you HOW to file it or everything they need in the report. Pure guesswork at times. But once you file, if not done right, they send a rejection email with reasons why it was rejected. After five such rejections, I finally satisfied all their needs and it was accepted. I worked on that bugger for 8 hours on a beautiful 80 degree day. That sucked.

And Penn State always has an excuse for winning, along with why they're ruining the sport of college wrestling. Always with the excuses......

You had to go steal from the state of Iowa to build your garbage evil empire. For shame.

And since you're allowed to do that, then we're allowed to get rid of Brands' tired act and bring in a former Penn State wrestler to end Cael's empire.

We know our team best. Also, Im sorry you're jealous that we coined "grades/report cards" after matches to give the fans talking points after meets.

Because he didn't quit on his team. But leave it to a Penn State fan to make excuses to troll.

5. Iowa > Penn State

6. Deal with it. :cool:
I think the OP is a Lehigh fan.

Lambertt, come on back and tell us what you were drinking before you posted. Apologize for the melt down and all will be forgiven and forgotten. It's that is easy.

My day sucked because I was trying to file a quarterly unemployment tax report to the state of SC. They don't tell you HOW to file it or everything they need in the report. Pure guesswork at times. But once you file, if not done right, they send a rejection email with reasons why it was rejected. After five such rejections, I finally satisfied all their needs and it was accepted. I worked on that bugger for 8 hours on a beautiful 80 degree day. That sucked.
Yeah, I have had more than my fair share working with the government. We went down to the social security office about 6 weeks back to get my wife signed up (she was lacking 2 credits of which the 2023 filing would cover) after 3 hours of sitting there, the lady tells me that you cannot sign up at the office in person. How stupid of me to think that you can sign up for social security at a social security office. ALWAYS a pain in the butt. Glad you got it done.

Yeah, I have had more than my fair share working with the government. We went down to the social security office about 6 weeks back to get my wife signed up (she was lacking 2 credits of which the 2023 filing would cover) after 3 hours of sitting there, the lady tells me that you cannot sign up at the office in person. How stupid of me to think that you can sign up for social security at a social security office. ALWAYS a pain in the butt. Glad you got it done.
The SS office is one messed up place. When my first wife passed away, I called SS to get the $255 death benefit. I had to make a phone appointment. My phone appointment was in February. My wife died in November. Then by mail they sent me a transcription of the phone call, of which I had to send back that I agreed with it. Next they sent me a letter saying I'd be getting the $255. I then got the check. All that expense of time and money for $255?

• Sad
Reactions: vhsalum
The SS office is one messed up place. When my first wife passed away, I called SS to get the $255 death benefit. I had to make a phone appointment. My phone appointment was in February. My wife died in November. Then by mail they sent me a transcription of the phone call, of which I had to send back that I agreed with it. Next they sent me a letter saying I'd be getting the $255. I then got the check. All that expense of time and money for $255?
Back in 2017, Equifax was hacked. I was nearing 62. Making sure someone didn't start collecting my SS, I opened an online account and then froze it whereas I could only file for SS at the office in person. Now I learn that you cannot file in person. I can't do it on line and can't do it in person. Unless I come up with a 3rd means, I'm screwed. ;)

sad leonardo dicaprio GIF

Back in 2017, Equifax was hacked. I was nearing 62. Making sure someone didn't start collecting my SS, I opened an online account and then froze it whereas I could only file for SS at the office in person. Now I learn that you cannot file in person. I can't do it on line and can't do it in person. Unless I come up with a 3rd means, I'm screwed. ;)
I had a similar thing happen to me and I was able to get it reopened during Covid, but it was very time consuming. You have to call and get lucky enough to actually talk to a real person. If you are lucky enough to get a kind and helpful one they will do some verification steps over the phone and then send paperwork to fully verify your identity. If it has stayed the same process since, you will need a notary and then once they receive the paperwork, they will eventually open the system back up for you to make a claim…

He needed to and should of finished. He woupd of wrestled a total of 5 min max on whole back side. I sensed in his interview he regretted that decision. He simply quit on himself, fans and team. Hes an incredible talent, but shoupd of finished.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN

1. There is a difference as to "why" and making up excuses. If one person or teaam wins, or loses,
there are obviously contributing factors. Football cold be turnovers, poor play from the o-line
etc. So what? In wrestling, Iowa has not been winning... why? Not getting enough top
recruits... portal transfers, not able to get the most out of guys when it counts, or not
developing.... etc. Who cares. those things are still worth discussing...

2. The reason many Iowa wrestling fans on this board, and elsewhere, have the highest of
expectations is because of the run of unparalleled success the program had after Iowa actually
hired a coach away from their most hated rival.... So you can give yourself an "F" on that one.

3. Grading, or commenting on performance/effort is 100% normal and happens with all schools
and sports... I have never posted "grades" but those posts are a direct and simple way for us to
discuss the most recent event. And, I am not a nobody, and our fan base and many on this
board are highly intelligent and have a very high wrestling IQ. Don't project your your
insecurity (feeling like a nobody) on to the rest of us. Btw, if this is your parting shot, you
might actually be a nobody since I had never heard of you before, nor do I care if this was
your last post. Best of luck to you.

4. I was critical of Spencer (though, not on this board)... But, when Spencer was quoted, and it
goes viral "Excuses are for wussies." and then in your next NCAA tournament, you forfeit out
after the semis.... it's not a good look. Things work both ways, especially when Iowa has
won NCAA titles based on how guys did on the backside, and Terry talking about how after a
loss at the NCAAs, you then go get the next best... it comes with the territory. That also
demonstrates people on this board are not blatantly biased and having a love fest no matter
what. I admit, very few people know exactly what Spencer had going on etc.... mentally and
physically at that moment, but people here have let it go and moved on a long time ago. So
did Spencer.. Those that defended him at that moment may have been less emotional and
concerned about the loss, and were thinking more about the well being of the individual more
than the sport. So my hat is off to those people.

So long Lambertt.

He needed to and should of finished. He woupd of wrestled a total of 5 min max on whole back side. I sensed in his interview he regretted that decision. He simply quit on himself, fans and team. Hes an incredible talent, but shoupd of finished.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I watched the interview, as well, and agree he likely would have gotten 3rd handily. You, however, make it seem like this was a super easy decision to make in the moment. From what I've seen, he did a lot for the team and fans throughout his career at Iowa and deserves grace in that moment. I know you will keep your opinion.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you. I watched the interview, as well, and agree he likely would have gotten 3rd handily. You, however, make it seem like this was a super easy decision to make in the moment. From what I've seen, he did a lot for the team and fans throughout his career at Iowa and deserves grace in that moment. I know you will keep your opinion.
Agree on his contribution to the program. Not many in hawk history has matched it. I just think in hindsight he wishes he would of finished. I personally wished he would of to not have marred his great career.

Reactions: vhsalum
Agree on his contribution to the program. Not many in hawk history has matched it. I just think in hindsight he wishes he would have finished. I personally wished he would have to not have marred his great career.
What I garnered more was he should have gotten the surgery following the injury in 2021. Giving himself a whole year to recover he would have been much healthier for the 22-23 season and ready for wtt. Hard to think he doesn’t beat Richards if that was the path

Sometimes excuses are reality. There's a reason why the NFL has a roster designation "Physically unable to perform". The Spencer Lee of 22-23 was physically unable to perform at a level close to the one that the wrestling world had come to know and expect. There were hints of that throughout the season and it was brutally exposed in the championship. To try to bring the Hawks a title, Spencer mistakenly (even foolishly) tried to wrestle with no ACLs and then he rushed his recovery with disastrous results to wrestle in his last season.
SL sacrificed a great deal for Iowa. He brought a championship, made the team more relevant than it had been in years and brought nothing but honor to the program. He owed absolutely nothing to anybody or anything.
After the Ramos match, his work was finished and there was nothing to be done but take what was left of his knees and try to salvage the international career and Olympic medal that had always been his goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT