ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald Suspended...NOW FIRED....Has Hired a High-Profile Attorney to Fight Back

Well, I'm sure "they get to stay" because right now, how the hell would they put a staff together with camp starting in a couple of weeks. Still that doesn't mean they will be retained once a new HC is hired, most likely at the conclusion of this upcoming season.
It'd be fun to watch though. Just get some GAs from around the country and give them some actual money. Have a one year audition.

• Haha
Reactions: D_LovingHawkeye
it's too late for players to enter the transfer portal potty but damn, imagine if they were allowed to
I just learned that the portal door opens for 30 days after a coaching change, so NU players indeed could transfer out. Besides the hiring concern, keeping all of the assistants could help avoid player mutiny and even mass exodus.

It would be interesting to know if any of the former assistants were implicated in the report and if the holdovers weren't.

I just learned that the portal door opens for 30 days after a coaching change, so NU players indeed could transfer out. Besides the hiring concern, keeping all of the assistants could help avoid player mutiny and even mass exodus.

It would be interesting to know if any of the former assistants were implicated in the report and if the holdovers weren't.
As has been posted, how many teams have openings this late. Remember you would have to have an opening on your roster for this season.

But, it appears Fitz knew the hazing was going on and never stopped it....Agree or disagree?

He can say he had no idea, but where there is smoke....

Yet the "report" said there was no evidence Fitz knew. Weirder still is the retention of ALL the assistants.

The oral agreement will bury NW and its President. "Reflecting" on it or not, the oral agreement is, per Illinois law, a binding contract.

Per ESPN, all parties were in agreement. The (anonymous) whistle-blower then made waves, saying he wanted Fitz gone. If he is lying in any way, NW and said anonymous former player will have to raid the banks to pay up.

Not sure if you're being fun or serious, but if it's the latter, then on what basis do you see Fitz having a case? My wife (no pic) is an HR professional with a law degree and based on the information we outsiders have available, she agrees that Fitz has nothing if the university decides more stringent disciplinary action is warranted.

Now, there may be more details that would make this agreement more like a contract and less like workplace disciplinary action, but as of now we lack any such information. Fitz may also have other grounds for a suit outside of this agreement.

My best guess, however, is that Fitz is angling for a settlement rather than leaving empty-handed, as he would if fired for cause.
Illinois law says the oral agreement is a binding contract.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Yet the "report" said there was no evidence Fitz knew. Weirder still is the retention of ALL the assistants.

The oral agreement will bury NW and its President. "Reflecting" on it or not, the oral agreement is, per Illinois law, a binding contract.

Per ESPN, all parties were in agreement. The (anonymous) whistle-blower then made waves, saying he wanted Fitz gone. If he is lying in any way, NW and said anonymous former player will have to raid the banks to pay up.
Hope Fitz doesn’t go blow it all on hookers and gambling.

A couple things here… number one, we have lost some baffling games and I will readily admit that is what has turned off the 15% of the fanbase like you BL and I’m not screwing with you. I often disagree with you and many time find you unfair but I have begun to see you actually are relatively reasonable and again that probably feels backhanded. I don’t mean it to be, but I don’t want to pretend like I always agree with you…

With that said we have had some head scratching losses versus ISU, NW, Purdue, Western Michigan. I mean some real shit ball teams… of which I don’t consider North Dakota state by the way, although yes, we should’ve beat them ! Keep in mind, so did Hayden but I digress.

But we also started 0-4 against Iowa State and it took him a while to dig out of that & to their credit, It really is a true rivalry game. Dan McCarney made it really tough on us early on and then Paul Rhodes, who I don’t think was a very good coach, definitely knew how to fire them up for the Iowa game!

We have improved that “bad loss thing“ demonstratively… That doesn’t change the fact that we still have lost to plenty of teams that we had more talent than, but let’s keep in mind those teams also think they should beat Iowa, so there is that!

Just my 2 cents!

Keep in mind I grew up very close to Ames and have lots of ISU fam and friends so that one just hurts more. I'll give you the 99 and 00 losses, Clones were as good as ever but I felt Iowa was the better team at the end of 01 when we played them and obviously 02 were way better.....they just choked those.

I've gotten called a hater a lot for making posts like that last one but growing up around delusional ISU fans and arrogant Husker fans in the 80s and the 90's and having not lived anywhere close to Iowa for 20 years I really try to be objective as I can. I'm really not trying to dump on the program by posting stats. Yes, Iowa has generally been a solid program over that time but unlike many posters I don't try to make us out to be something better than what the results say like Iowa State fans tend to do.

I'm not delusional and think we should be aspiring to OSU or Bama standards but Wisconsin like since 2010 was doable with a slightly better O. I give KF credit regularly for the D and ST and have maintained throughout that keeping the staff intact but improving the O was always the best option, even after the craziness of 2020. Yet I still get called a hater when I point out the offense could be better than what Brian and KF have delivered and told I'm stupid or should root for another team if I don't like it. I have zero tolerance for that, I just want what is best for the program.

Letting other teams take the west when just being a little better on O would have done it has been hard to swallow and I do feel Kirk is putting what's best for his family over what's best for the program with Brian. I have taken that more personal than I should have. After that presser where he let everyone know there would be no changes I was as disgusted as I've ever been with any of my coaches and I was harsh. I apologize to those I offended, I hope people can understand it just comes from wanting the best for my alma mater and the program I have supported since I was 7 years old.

Time to flush the past and hope for the best in 23. Go Hawks

Keep in mind I grew up very close to Ames and have lots of ISU fam and friends so that one just hurts more. I'll give you the 99 and 00 losses, Clones were as good as ever but I felt Iowa was the better team at the end of 01 when we played them and obviously 02 were way better.....they just choked those.

I've gotten called a hater a lot for making posts like that last one but growing up around delusional ISU fans and arrogant Husker fans in the 80s and the 90's and having not lived anywhere close to Iowa for 20 years I really try to be objective as I can. I'm really not trying to dump on the program by posting stats. Yes, Iowa has generally been a solid program over that time but unlike many posters I don't try to make us out to be something better than what the results say like Iowa State fans tend to do.

I'm not delusional and think we should be aspiring to OSU or Bama standards but Wisconsin like since 2010 was doable with a slightly better O. I give KF credit regularly for the D and ST and have maintained throughout that keeping the staff intact but improving the O was always the best option, even after the craziness of 2020. Yet I still get called a hater when I point out the offense could be better than what Brian and KF have delivered and told I'm stupid or should root for another team if I don't like it. I have zero tolerance for that, I just want what is best for the program.

Letting other teams take the west when just being a little better on O would have done it has been hard to swallow and I do feel Kirk is putting what's best for his family over what's best for the program with Brian. I have taken that more personal than I should have. After that presser where he let everyone know there would be no changes I was as disgusted as I've ever been with any of my coaches and I was harsh. I apologize to those I offended, I hope people can understand it just comes from wanting the best for my alma mater and the program I have supported since I was 7 years old.

Time to flush the past and hope for the best in 23. Go Hawks

Very fair post and I understand and mostly agree!

Who knew the hog Humper would bring so many of us together or I guess his new screen name is D lovin Hawkeye.

I don’t know how anybody, with any self-respect, can do what this cat does.

I’ll work harder on the !!!!! ☺️

Actually I just skip past most of Hog troll's BS.....it was Karnack. Started to realize that if he could be so annoying and insulting to pretty much everyone who are fellow Hawk fans that maybe these other guys aren't so bad afterall 😂

Seems the resident troll has switched to D LovingHawkeye now, so pathetic

Just pure speculation on my part, but I would have to believe with extenuating circumstances they would indeed be allowed to transfer, now it remains to be seen how many people will grab them this late in the game but I would expect if they’re good enough, they will

Don't get me wrong; I want to crush Northwestern when we play them but I feel bad for the players; what a crappy season they are in for!

2024 will be even worse than 2023...the roster will be decimated
Based on players and parents statements I’ve read, which seem unanimous, they think Fitz got railroaded and the administration is not acting with integrity. I’d say most of these guys are going to be looking to leave the program. not meeting with the players and making a brief statement over zoom, not taking any questions didn’t go over well.

Last edited:
Based on players and parents statements I’ve read, which seem unanimous, they think Fitz got railroaded and the administration is not act with integrity. I’d say most of these guys are going to be looking to leave the program. not meeting with the players and making a brief statement over zoom, not taking any questions didn’t go over well.

Just like the Iowa scenario, there clearly wasn’t adequate oversight. As I say regularly, just because you didn’t do anything wrong, it doesn’t mean you did everything right!

With that said, this deal is a mess and I don’t believe Pat encouraged racism or homoerotic behavior as a hazing mechanism.

And before someone lambastes me for insensitivity, that is exactly what happened here and I do have two gay children and a belief that there is a ton of that interesting type of behavior between hetero-men…

In my journey through life, I’ve had a lot of jobs in manufacturing, machine shop, construction early in my 20s and I was always mesmerized. Not even the right word. I’m struggling today with my rhetoric…

So I’ll say shocked by the amount of men that wanted to run around and smack each other in the balls with their hand, a hammer grab each other’s chest, etc. it’s always been an oddity to me…

As was this scenario…. Dressing up in masks and dry humping somebody in a group what the hell!!

Now, in an abrupt aside, my uncle, who among going to Iowa State, I think Chicago University & a masters from Northwestern, (Brilliant guy) and I have always been shocked by the supreme testosterone idiocy of him and his cronies on the sidelines, dancing around in short sleeve shirts in 50 degree weather on the sideline like muscle bound buffoons, so hell who knows….

Last edited:
A couple things here… number one, we have lost some baffling games and I will readily admit that is what has turned off the 15% of the fanbase like you BL and I’m not screwing with you. I often disagree with you and many time find you unfair but I have begun to see you actually are relatively reasonable and again that probably feels backhanded. I don’t mean it to be, but I don’t want to pretend like I always agree with you…

With that said we have had some head scratching losses versus ISU, NW, Purdue, Western Michigan. I mean some real shit ball teams… of which I don’t consider North Dakota state by the way, although yes, we should’ve beat them ! Keep in mind, so did Hayden but I digress.

But we also started 0-4 against Iowa State and it took him a while to dig out of that & to their credit, It really is a true rivalry game. Dan McCarney made it really tough on us early on and then Paul Rhodes, who I don’t think was a very good coach, definitely knew how to fire them up for the Iowa game!

We have improved that “bad loss thing“ demonstratively… That doesn’t change the fact that we still have lost to plenty of teams that we had more talent than, but let’s keep in mind those teams also think they should beat Iowa, so there is that!

Just my 2 cents!
True enough, BUT we've also beat some teams (some handily) we had no business beating as well, by Kirk's "keep it close, and pounce on their mistakes".....

Well, okay, BUT. Where in the hell are they going to go by mid July? I mean there are hundreds of guys EVERY year who hit the portal and can't find a landing spot on another D1 team. Surely most decent teams have their rosters pretty much set by now, and who exactly does NW have that would be a must have at this point?

Well, okay, BUT. Where in the hell are they going to go by mid July? I mean there are hundreds of guys EVERY year who hit the portal and can't find a landing spot on another D1 team. Surely most decent teams have their rosters pretty much set by now, and who exactly does NW have that would be a must have at this point?
I don't know that are any must-haves, but with NIL there don't need to be any open scholarships if a team likes a guy. I took a quick look at the NU roster and they have WR Reggie Fleurima, who like Kaleb Brown was a highly rated 2021 recruit, red-shirted last season, and had an Iowa offer while in high school. Why wouldn't the Hawks take him right now if he wanted to transfer in?

Seems "D LovingHawk" and his 12 other personalities has a s3xual problem with animals and males. Not really weird for a Husker fan though.

Dude I rethought posting my full name on here awhile back just because he is so insane. I personally think he is deranged!

I’ve never sweat that stuff before and it’s not because I get along with everyone. You know I’ve had folks I didn’t care for and you know, I can definitely be a prick (sorry about that) at times. But this isn’t a matter of a guy I don’t care for, this is a guy who hates all things Iowa….

He makes up shit that isn’t there….he has washed a whole fanbase as Nebraska obsessed and I have no doubt some are, but not all of them. In fact, I could name 40-50 posters that I don’t know that I’ve ever seen bring up Nebraska unless provoked or it was Nebraska week. And I am one of them I really don’t care. They’re a team in the Big Ten and as a rule, I support them outside the Big 10…

Do you think about Nebraska outside of the moronic ones who come here. And honestly they aren’t all moronic, but he is crazy !!

I don't know that are any must-haves, but with NIL there don't need to be any open scholarships if a team likes a guy. I took a quick look at the NU roster and they have WR Reggie Fleurima, who like Kaleb Brown was a highly rated 2021 recruit, red-shirted last season, and had an Iowa offer while in high school. Why wouldn't the Hawks take him right now if he wanted to transfer in?
WELL, as I stated, its possible we don't have room since its damn near August. I'm sure we could add another tackle for the OL as well. There are after all scholly limits. Do we have room at this date to add players???

• Haha
Reactions: HypocriteHawkeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT