ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald Suspended...NOW FIRED....Has Hired a High-Profile Attorney to Fight Back

If former staffers/coaches knew this was going on, how would Fitz not know....

I am not aware of a former coach who has confirmed any of this. The staffers to which Louie has been referring are non-coaching staff members. Based on what I have read, Fitz generally stayed out of the locker room, leaving it to the player Leadership Council to govern that area. Probably a bad idea in retrospect.

And yet we had a lot of posters over here a few years back clamoring how they’d rather be NW, because they went to 2 BIG championships, surrounded by a bunch of sub par years…doh!!
Yep, grass is always greener on the other side syndrome.

The person who goes to Big Ten media days in a couple of weeks for them is gonna have some kind of fun.
The big question is who will it be? How do you find an interim coach at this point? Nobody connected to the program can step in. No big time asst at a P5 program with HC aspirations will want to jump into this dumpster fire.

NW has had some ugly football seasons but this may be the ugliest.

Not sure if you're being fun or serious, but if it's the latter, then on what basis do you see Fitz having a case? My wife (no pic) is an HR professional with a law degree and based on the information we outsiders have available, she agrees that Fitz has nothing if the university decides more stringent disciplinary action is warranted.

Now, there may be more details that would make this agreement more like a contract and less like workplace disciplinary action, but as of now we lack any such information. Fitz may also have other grounds for a suit outside of this agreement.

My best guess, however, is that Fitz is angling for a settlement rather than leaving empty-handed, as he would if fired for cause.
I'm just fu$king with you.

The Diaz complaints related more to a few individuals, rather than the program. In fact, for years Diaz has touted on the tag line of his Twitter page that he played for Fitz at NU. In 2019, he tweeted about how much he admired Fitz's program at NU and frequently cites it to others as an example of the way programs should be run. That is why his quotes over the weekend were perplexing and perhaps out of context. Diaz is generally an advocate for mental health issues involving athletes.
considering all of that, it is telling that charges of “racism” were coming from student reporters in an effort to get Fitz fired. Really flimsy 14 year old allegations that are very questionable. It appears the whistle blower is a senior qb Who entered the portal in February. Why didn’t he make the allegations over the last three years and why did he never go to Fitz with his complaint ? teammates say he was upset over a lack of playing time.

Northwestern would have been better off financially and public relations wise if they had just fired Fitz for a losing record and paid his buyout. the settlement payout to Fitz is going to wind up being more than his buyout and the bad PR Could have been avoided. Idiots

Reactions: cmhawks99
It appears the whistle blower is a senior qb Who entered the portal in February. Why didn’t he make the allegations over the last three years and why did he never go to Fitz with his complaint ? teammates say he was upset over a lack of playing time.
That is true about the whistleblower. He was a reserve QB--a late add to the 2020 class to replace a previously committed QB that NU had to dump for off-field issues. Although details have yet to emerge, this reserve QB apparently was no model citizen while at NU. When NU's top two QBs got knocked out last season, Fitz bypassed him to start a walkon, followed by a true freshman. The disgruntled player has purportedly been recorded telling people about his plan for getting Fitz fired, which was to use an embellished story about the hazing (which occurred, but not as egregious as in his telling) and, if the university's investigation did not lead to a firing, to feed the story to the Daily--as feeding such a story to the press managed to force NU's then-new AD to resign a few years ago. The plan worked like a charm. The QB has transferred to UW-Platteville.

The big question is who will it be? How do you find an interim coach at this point? Nobody connected to the program can step in. No big time asst at a P5 program with HC aspirations will want to jump into this dumpster fire.

Saw it reported the likely candidate would be the current DC; new to the staff since January, from i believe South Dakota state.

That is true about the whistleblower. He was a reserve QB--a late add to the 2020 class to replace a previously committed QB that NU had to dump for off-field issues. Although details have yet to emerge, this reserve QB apparently was no model citizen while at NU. When NU's top two QBs got knocked out last season, Fitz bypassed him to start a walkon, followed by a true freshman. The disgruntled player has purportedly been recorded telling people about his plan for getting Fitz fired, which was to use an embellished story about the hazing (which occurred, but not as egregious as in his telling) and, if the university's investigation did not lead to a firing, to feed the story to the Daily--as feeding such a story to the press managed to force NU's then-new AD to resign a few years ago. The plan worked like a charm. The QB has transferred to UW-Platteville.

Not sure this all happens if it’s just one player.

Thanks. If you real all of the players and parents testimonials, you get a pretty good picture of the relationship Fitz had with his players. The media portrayals don’t line up with reality.

I think Fitz will do very well with his case in court. I would not be surprised if some media outlets get sued, espn took down a headline that said Fitz was aware of all the hazing, probably on the advice of their attorneys.

I would have no problem with NW if they had decided to fire Fitz after last seasons record, that’s their business. But the way they went about it, with $$$$$ as the motivation to burn Fitz and avoid a buyout was highly unethical.

I am not aware of a former coach who has confirmed any of this. The staffers to which Louie has been referring are non-coaching staff members. Based on what I have read, Fitz generally stayed out of the locker room, leaving it to the player Leadership Council to govern that area. Probably a bad idea in retrospect.
With Fitz taking them to court I expect the NU admin/media team to continue to leak half truths, spin and smears in an effort to win the court of public opinion. It won’t work. They are going to wind up paying Fitz more than his buyout. much smarter to just have fired him for performance and pay the buyout.

His last win in the states was October 2021. Only one lonely victory last year and it was out of country.

Not sure this all happens if it’s just one player.
The hazing practices were widespread and happened for years. No one complained. One player made the complaint late last year after stating an intention to embellish the claims to get Fitz fired. No other player joined the complaint, although some have confirmed that the practices occurred when asked by investigators.

Thanks. If you real all of the players and parents testimonials, you get a pretty good picture of the relationship Fitz had with his players. The media portrayals don’t line up with reality.

I think Fitz will do very well with his case in court. I would not be surprised if some media outlets get sued, espn took down a headline that said Fitz was aware of all the hazing, probably on the advice of their attorneys.

I would have no problem with NW if they had decided to fire Fitz after last seasons record, that’s their business. But the way they went about it, with $$$$$ as the motivation to burn Fitz and avoid a buyout was highly unethical.
I think NU's adminstration is too inept to pull off the 3D chess move you describe. It is more likely that the administration just waffled and caved under media pressure.

It was after the 2010 season when Iowa sputtered towards the end of a lot of games. It was in January, a few weeks after the Insight Bowl and players probably took a vacation with their nutrition. Then Doyle hits them with this intense workout. Definitely bad timing and dehydration. It’s amazing what you can lose even after two or three weeks.
I'm pretty sure this "warrior workout" was a regular deal, that they did every three years or so, so that each class was involved. Also I don't believe that it was just show up one day and we're doing this. The players knew it was coming and we're to prepare. Instead there were accounts of players drinking the night before or downing multiple energy drinks to try to get up for it. Unfortunately these also lead to dehydration, just as alcohol does.

Boy, ever since the the summer of 2020 (the George Floyd murder, the riots that followed, the Iowa racial bias scandal), it seems like everything has become "touchy;" not just in sports but in everyday life.
I said at the time, and I hold too it still, that if what went on at Iowa was racist, then its probably going on and damn near every P5 school. In the same way this latest revelation about athletes gambling at the Iowa Universities. If anyone thinks thats not going on, literally at EVERY school, then people need to pull their heads out of their backsides.

considering all of that, it is telling that charges of “racism” were coming from student reporters in an effort to get Fitz fired. Really flimsy 14 year old allegations that are very questionable. It appears the whistle blower is a senior qb Who entered the portal in February. Why didn’t he make the allegations over the last three years and why did he never go to Fitz with his complaint ? teammates say he was upset over a lack of playing time.

Northwestern would have been better off financially and public relations wise if they had just fired Fitz for a losing record and paid his buyout. the settlement payout to Fitz is going to wind up being more than his buyout and the bad PR Could have been avoided. Idiots
Why? Its the exact same thing that happened at Iowa. All the guys in the lawsuit either left Iowa because they weren't playing or had an axe to grind. Yes, we're speaking to you Wadley.....NONE of these guys said bubkas about anything while they were there.

Reactions: Chucksizzle1

Pretty sure their DC is their interim.

Reactions: BonzoFury
With Fitz taking them to court I expect the NU admin/media team to continue to leak half truths, spin and smears in an effort to win the court of public opinion. It won’t work. They are going to wind up paying Fitz more than his buyout. much smarter to just have fired him for performance and pay the buyout.
Doubt Fitz gets anywhere near his buy out....guy looks stupid with all that is coming out

Doubt Fitz gets anywhere near his buy out....guy looks stupid with all that is coming out
images

Reactions: peacehawk
Pretty sure their DC is their interim.
Yeah, just saw that they're keeping the rest of staff on for the season.

You can bet that at B1G media days there will be a statement from either him or the AD that they will not and cannot comment on the allegations. Happy to answer any football-related questions. It's not gonna be an easy press conference, especially because you know some dicks in the media will continue to probe...just to see if they can him to slip up.

Why? Its the exact same thing that happened at Iowa. All the guys in the lawsuit either left Iowa because they weren't playing or had an axe to grind. Yes, we're speaking to you Wadley.....NONE of these guys said bubkas about anything while they were there.
While I’m in agreement with this, do you really think a guy at Iowa under the regime of Doyle, was going to come out while he was playing at Iowa and say he thinks Doyle is a POS? He was a God at Iowa. Any player who did it would have been committing career suicide. I’m certainly not defending Wadley as I think he didn’t work as hard as he could have at Iowa which is why he was constantly in the doghouse, but speaking out at the time would not have gone well.

I don’t care for Fitz, nor NW beating us. But I’m all for the media and institutions paying for their impetuous overreactions.

Not saying this happened but wrongful termination and character assassination, from a respected place of higher learning. Oh yeah that could get steep!

Depends on how petty he is and I do believe he is petty!

Last edited:
While I’m in agreement with this, do you really think a guy at Iowa under the regime of Doyle, was going to come out while he was playing at Iowa and say he thinks Doyle is a POS? He was a God at Iowa. Any player who did it would have been committing career suicide. I’m certainly not defending Wadley as I think he didn’t work as hard as he could have at Iowa which is why he was constantly in the doghouse, but speaking out at the time would not have gone well.

I agree with this, and I also agree KF took his hand off the switch, and I think that Doyle and Brian are both insensitive pricks… With that said, I’m also fairly certain they’re not blatant racist!

Prejudiced, probably because I personally believe we all carry that sin. Every single one of us!

That’s why we have to take experience and effort to change!

Iowa fans couldn’t handle the media scrutiny if their team was relevant. Iowa has never been relevant or a consistent national power post 1960 in football and therefore Iowa scandals aren’t a story worth publishing.
Your penis envy is obvious. How about the bugeaters have a winning season before you post again. We should be hearing from you in about a decade when you go back to the big 8. F'n rum.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Wadley's main deal, (regardless of what he says) is that he and "Momma the author" we're pissed because he didn't make it in the league, and they're using KF as the scapegoat for his not making the big show. His issues are EXACTLY what KF rode him for in his time at Iowa. He's not a hard worker and doesn't conform to the things his coaches suggested for his potential improvement. You'd have to be a freakin stud for a professional team to overlook those types of poor traits, and he's not all that, at least not at the NFL level....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT