ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Kennedy finalist for Dave Schultz HS award

Amos never surrendered a takedown, reversal or nearfall in his three year career!! That my friends is incredible! I don't care what state you wrestle in. Also won Super32, Ironman and Powerade all three years. I can't wait for PK to start his Hawkeye career but what Braxton has done is amazing to me! Maybe with McD leaving we could get him to switch over to the good guys! Go Hawks

Reactions: Mendoza77
Amos is the winner hands down and should be. If not for a torn acl suffered in football he's likely a fourtime ironman champ.
It'll be interesting what he does at Wisconsin. I haven't seen him in awhile but he was nowhere near 197. Without a rs I don't think he can make that weight but he wants to wrestle this year. If thats the case Hillger, despite being much bigger, may want to look elsewhere.
Amos should of stayed at WVU and teamed up with Adams

Amos never surrendered a takedown, reversal or nearfall in his three year career!! That my friends is incredible! I don't care what state you wrestle in. Also won Super32, Ironman and Powerade all three years. I can't wait for PK to start his Hawkeye career but what Braxton has done is amazing to me! Maybe with McD leaving we could get him to switch over to the good guys! Go Hawks

Amos is certainly a beast, and when I read the article about a week ago he stuck out for sure. Admittedly I forgot about him when saying PK should win easy. Tough kid for sure, but was he even the top ranked guy in the country at his weight? I thought AJ Ferrari was ranked higher.

Amos is certainly a beast, and when I read the article about a week ago he stuck out for sure. Admittedly I forgot about him when saying PK should win easy. Tough kid for sure, but was he even the top ranked guy in the country at his weight? I thought AJ Ferrari was ranked higher.
According to the bio he was top ranked at his weight and number one P4P.

And Braxton Amos wins! Congrats to a great wrestler, I guess I have an "I told you so" coming, I still wouldn't trade him for Kennedy though.

All these kids are studs for sure. I just don't know where Amos goes in terms of weight. If he can make 197 and not be totally gassed out then he's going to be a problem lol.

It's a lot of fun to go and look at past winners. Most of them were quite successful in college not all but most. The one winner from Iowa 1996 David something kjeldgaard sp. was really something in high school/Fargo not so much in college but read it was injury related. Most either champs or multiple time AA. Last years winner "Schultz" looks to be a tuff up and coming hvy. Saw one match with him against Gable Steveson. Steveson won but that kid was tuff.

It's a lot of fun to go and look at past winners. Most of them were quite successful in college not all but most. The one winner from Iowa 1996 David something kjeldgaard sp. was really something in high school/Fargo not so much in college but read it was injury related. Most either champs or multiple time AA. Last years winner "Schultz" looks to be a tuff up and coming hvy. Saw one match with him against Gable Steveson. Steveson won but that kid was tuff.

Some consider Kjeldgaard one of the 5 best pound-for-pound wrestlers ever to come out of Iowa. Unfortunately, injuries marred his collegiate career at Oklahoma. He made it into top 5 season rankings at least twice, but injuries kept him out of the NCAA championships. He's now a successful businessman in the DFW area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT