ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Burmeister

He was very, very good. Lots of good insight and nice to hear some positive Iowa talk for a change.

Paul will be hosting the DP show on Monday, too.

I was really impressed by him, good sense of humor and was a fun interview, making fun of the ISU mix up by Fritzy. I usually don't listen as much when fill ins are in for Dan, but I will definitely on Monday if I can.

Originally posted by Curt Furence:
I was really impressed by him, good sense of humor and was a fun interview, making fun of the ISU mix up by Fritzy. I usually don't listen as much when fill ins are in for Dan, but I will definitely on Monday if I can.
I was too. The insight about the spread QB's from college to pros was interesting as was pretty much everything else they talked about.
I'd like to if they both really can go 50-55yds.

People were brutal on him when he was Iowa's QB. As I recall he does not have a lot of fond things to say about Hawkeye fans.

Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
People were brutal on him when he was Iowa's QB. As I recall he does not have a lot of fond things to say about Hawkeye fans.
Well he was pretty brutal on us as well.

Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
Listened to this interview last night. Paul was awesome and complimentary of Iowa. Not sure where you are getting the idea he has no fondness for Hawkeye fans. Basically acknowledged he was just an avg QB but they won more than they lost. He did a great job breaking down and giving examples on why spread system QBs like Oregons struggle in the pros so much.

Still remember when he was on KWWL news and made the jump to NFL Network. Always been impressed with him on air does a good job.

Bmmb.jpg

His story about Kurt Warner today was pretty good when he was talking to Al Michaels.

He said that Iowa offered one in state QB his senior year and it was him. Said he thinks Warner still holds a little grudge against him to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT