ADVERTISEMENT

Per ESPN

No chance of getting a difference maker OC until Pappy is gone.
He would give no freedom to innovate.
Any top flight OC candidate knows this already.
The next OC will be either another puppet or a noname.

We are 7-2 but with a good (not great even) offense, we would stand at 8-1. The offensive meltdown in the second half with Minnesota was flat-out embarrassing. I mean my goodness Illinois put up more points and yards than the Hawks. One can point out that the Minnesota game was one of "those" games offensively. But the Hawks are just drop-dead horrible offensively and have now for many years. It's just plain frustrating. The Hawks are 7-2 but not ranked in the AP Poll. That should tell you something. The West doesn't have any respect...I mean none. It should embarrass the whole conference.

We would compete with PSU. It was only 10-0 at half before the defense was gassed.

You looking forward to Iowa getting boat raced in the CCG by the East champ wanting to get the highest seed possible in the CFP?
Cause something like 55-3 is definitely possible.
Look, we all know (at least those of us with clear minds) how this ends if Iowa is fortunate enough to play Michigan in the BTCG. I say Michigan because they're going to win the East and follow that up with a National Championship. They might have both the best offense AND the best defense in the country this year (assuming they found a backup sign thief).

Sure, it's going to be ugly when Iowa is held to 2 first downs (by penalty of course), and under 75 yards in total offense. At the same time you still want to get there. It could be the last time in the lifetime of many here that Iowa gets to be play in any kind of championship. LFG!!!!!

We are 7-2 but with a good (not great even) offense, we would stand at 8-1. The offensive meltdown in the second half with Minnesota was flat-out embarrassing. I mean my goodness Illinois put up more points and yards than the Hawks. One can point out that the Minnesota game was one of "those" games offensively. But the Hawks are just drop-dead horrible offensively and have now for many years. It's just plain frustrating. The Hawks are 7-2 but not ranked in the AP Poll. That should tell you something. The West doesn't have any respect...I mean none. It should embarrass the whole conference.
You really feel embarrassment from the way a sports team plays when you aren’t involved in planning or playing. Really, you’re embarrassed?

Reactions: jonesy5960
You really feel embarrassment from the way a sports team plays when you aren’t involved in planning or playing. Really, you’re embarrassed?
The only people who should be embarrassed :
ISU team and fans
MSU team and fans
Purdue team and fans
Wisc. team and fans
NW team. (they have no fans)

Iowa beat all those teams with one arm (offense) tied behind their back.

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
ISU team and fans
MSU team and fans
Purdue team and fans
Wisc. team and fans

Minny/Peej should too since it took a qb that gave them the ball twice deep in their territory and a replay official interjected himself into the game and took a punt return for a game winning td off the scoreboard to give them the W.

Regarding Iowa’s future at OC, sounds like Paul Chryst might be a possibility. His nephew or son is on staff at Iowa in some capacity. It makes sense since his offensive tendencies are similar to Iowa so might as well take him on and become the Wisconsin that used to beat Iowa and compete with Michigan and tOSU.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ISU team and fans
MSU team and fans
Purdue team and fans
Wisc. team and fans

This....is true. I'm still embarrassed that our offense represents a large perception of our team but you do have a good point.

Reactions: citizenHawk
Minny/Peej should too since it took a qb that gave them the ball twice deep in their territory and a replay official interjected himself into the game and took a punt return for a game winning td off the scoreboard to give them the W.

Regarding Iowa’s future at OC, sounds like Paul Chryst might be a possibility. His nephew or son is on staff at Iowa in some capacity. It makes sense since his offensive tendencies are similar to Iowa so might as well take him on and become the Wisconsin that used to beat Iowa and compete with Michigan and tOSU.
I am starting to really hope we hire Paul Chryst. Only because I want fresh blood in this program and I believe this is the most outside of his comfort zone Kirk is willing to go.

I am starting to really hope we hire Paul Chryst. Only because I want fresh blood in this program and I believe this is the most outside of his comfort zone Kirk is willing to go.
I would be satisfied with Chryst, but I would prefer someone younger with experience as an OC. Our last young hire without experience did not turn out so well. Chryst also played QB at Wisconsin so he would be a good candidate for QB coach.

Reactions: ButtersHawk

I would be satisfied with Chryst as Iowa’s o -coordinator, at least in the short-term.

Reactions: UNIHAWK88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT