ADVERTISEMENT

Perez Perez: Why not?

burk11

HR All-State
Mar 12, 2003
Why has there not been any discussion about Perez Perez? Something is acutely wrong with Spencer Lee, to state the obvious. Perez is an honest wrestler, he will show-up for work with lunch-pail in hand. He certainly can compete with Piccininni. Not to be intrusive regarding Lee’s personal life, and not to violate HIPAA, but why the radio-silence about Lee from Iowa staff? Is the issue physical, mental, environmental? Is it nature, or is it nurture? Should the Iowa coaching staff explain (try) their decision making process to the faithful?

And while it’s on my mind, where is El Pistolero? Say what you will about the kid, he will take a shot. Not sure about the other guy.

And while it’s on my mind, where is Brands, Jr.? Is he still in the witness protection program? Aside from Marinelli, there is an SOS alarm out for the middle of Iowa’s line-up.

And while it’s on my mind, why was Joey Gunther shown the door? This is wrestling folks. It's not played in short pants. People do get injured. It’s mandatory to have good people in the room ready to go on the whistle.

And while it’s on my mind, where is Lou Costello? He could have at least made an appearance in Stillwater. If only to protect Big Sam’s BG10/NCAA seed (???). Alright I concede, I was wrong, other posters were correct. It will be at least four years before Big Cass wins his first NCAA Title. Agreed, keep the shirt on.

Why has there not been any discussion about Perez Perez? Something is acutely wrong with Spencer Lee, to state the obvious. Perez is an honest wrestler, he will show-up for work with lunch-pail in hand. He certainly can compete with Piccininni. Not to be intrusive regarding Lee’s personal life, and not to violate HIPAA, but why the radio-silence about Lee from Iowa staff? Is the issue physical, mental, environmental? I
Why has there not been any discussion about Perez Perez? Something is acutely wrong with Spencer Lee, to state the obvious. Perez is an honest wrestler, he will show-up for work with lunch-pail in hand. He certainly can compete with Piccininni. Not to be intrusive regarding Lee’s personal life, and not to violate HIPAA, but why the radio-silence about Lee from Iowa staff? Is the issue physical, mental, environmental? Is it nature, or is it nurture? Should the Iowa coaching staff explain (try) their decision making process to the faithful?

And while it’s on my mind, where is El Pistolero? Say what you will about the kid, he will take a shot. Not sure about the other guy.

And while it’s on my mind, where is Brands, Jr.? Is he still in the witness protection program? Aside from Marinelli, there is an SOS alarm out for the middle of Iowa’s line-up.

And while it’s on my mind, why was Joey Gunther shown the door? This is wrestling folks. It's not played in short pants. People do get injured. It’s mandatory to have good people in the room ready to go on the whistle.

And while it’s on my mind, where is Lou Costello? He could have at least made an appearance in Stillwater. If only to protect Big Sam’s BG10/NCAA seed (???). Alright I concede, I was wrong, other posters were correct. It will be at least four years before Big Cass wins his first NCAA Title. Agreed, keep the shirt on.
Maybe Bub Abbott can join the team to help out Lou, and oh, yes Laurel and Hardy might be available.

Holy crap. In the many years of burk posts this one has to be the worst, hands down. That's incredibly impressive.

Perez Perez is a great kid but he's not competing with Picc.

Turk wrestled recently. It wasn't anything great. How can you say Murin didn't shoot? Did you even watch?

Nelson Brands? SOS in the middle of the lineup? What? Lugo beat #6 yesterday. Young is ranked 7th and won yesterday. And then there's The Bull. WTF?

Gunther "shown the door"? He wasn't going to be in the lineup so he left on his own.

HWT: There's no seed to protect by wrestling the #2 guy in the country.

Other than that you pretty much nailed it.

It’s thoughts like the op that make Iowa fans look like idiots. Talking of taking the defending ncaa champ out of the lineup?! Have you watched Gunther wrestle? Not doing much for ya. Cass taking a year to develop and be ready next year

You went from the "Puff, Puff, Give" plan straight to the "F*ck it, give me a sheet of LSD" one.

Lol What do you know about sheets of doses?

tumblr_md5jhlFFva1rnm1ldo1_500.gif

TailgateTom

Lou Who? Oooooooppsss. My mistake, I should have thought much more carefully about this website/board. It’s a generational thing. My apologizes all around.

img_5999.png

TailgateTom

Lou Who? Oooooooppsss. My mistake, I should have thought much more carefully about this website/board. It’s a generational thing. My apologizes all around.

img_5999.png
Oh I know...the scene from "A League Of Their Own" seemed fitting as a response. Maybe (probably) I thought it was funnier than it actually was.

You want to put your backup who hasn't won a match this year against a guy who just pinned your defending national champ? And you think he can compete with him? Lay off whatever you're smoking bro.
Or share it with everyone else.

The only thing better than this thread is four more just like it so we can watch SPOONER go into meltdown mode............
giphy.gif

Wow, tough crowd around here. Thought I would make a couple of innocuous observations (previous) regarding the Hawkeye wrestling team. Thought I had pretty thick-skin, but seems I hit the mother of all cultural touch-points. I guess you shouldn’t wave a red flag at Toro Bravo. And don’t where you MAGA hat into the Airliner. And don’t be fault-finding with University of Iowa wrestling. Things in life that are just verboten. Well anyway let’s get down to business;

Spencer Lee: Enough said. There must be at least a dozen threads on this board regarding his recent performance. There have been so many different diagnosis of his performance/condition that a new edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual needs to be published. I’m sure his performance will return to his previous standard. No reason to disparage Perez Perez. Perez is an honest wrestler and wears the Black and Gold well.

Sam Stoll: Enough Said. No wait, Conner Corbin. Who can forget three potential Nobel Prize winners sitting on the Iowa bench, Lou Costello, Yosemite Sam and Big Cass. This is Iowa wrestling, I remember Dan Gable goes looking for Mike Grant; I remember Dan Holm goes looking for Rod Kilgore; I remember Mike Ironside goes looking for Cary Kolat. Recall when Yosemite Sam could not be restrained in the locker room against the Cyclones. That kid from up north is forbidding.

Again, tough crowd here, I can feel the heat. I’ll keep looking for my profile on the current Troll List, not there “yet”. Redemption is a virtue.

Holy crap and here I thought you were joking. If you don't think the best man is already being put on the mat (even with an injury) you can't be helped. This doesnt have anything to do with disrespecting Perez Perez.

Wow, tough crowd around here. Thought I would make a couple of innocuous observations (previous) regarding the Hawkeye wrestling team. Thought I had pretty thick-skin, but seems I hit the mother of all cultural touch-points. I guess you shouldn’t wave a red flag at Toro Bravo. And don’t wear your MAGA hat into the Airliner. And don’t be fault-finding with University of Iowa wrestling. Things in life that are just verboten. Well anyway let’s get down to business;

Spencer Lee: Enough said. There must be at least a dozen threads on this board regarding his recent performance. There have been so many different diagnosis of his performance/condition that a new edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual needs to be published. I’m sure his performance will return to his previous standard. No reason to disparage Perez Perez. Perez is an honest wrestler and wears the Black and Gold well.

Sam Stoll: Enough Said. No wait, Conner Corbin. Who can forget three potential Nobel Prize winners sitting on the Iowa bench, Lou Costello, Yosemite Sam and Big Cass. This is Iowa wrestling, I remember Dan Gable goes looking for Mike Grant; I remember Dan Holm goes looking for Rod Kilgore; I remember Mike Ironside goes looking for Cary Kolat. Recall when Yosemite Sam could not be restrained in the locker room against the Cyclones. That kid from up north is forbidding.

Again, tough crowd here, I can feel the heat. I’ll keep looking for my profile on the current Troll List, not there “yet”. Redemption is a virtue.

You're missing a few screws. Quit while you're behind.

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT