ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins and PMac

danny14

HR All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2016
Who is showing interest in these two guys?? Honest question...not looking for negative comments.

What I have seen:

Tony Perkins​

Tony Perkins has been a solid player at Iowa for the past four seasons. After averaging 14 points per game this season, he has decided to enter the transfer portal for his final season. Perkins has had many big-name suitors and recently named a top six which included programs like Indiana and Oregon. Perkins is an Indiana native, so the Hoosiers could be a name to watch here. However, Missouri appears to be the leader according to On3.

Reactions: Torg
What I have seen:

Tony Perkins​

Tony Perkins has been a solid player at Iowa for the past four seasons. After averaging 14 points per game this season, he has decided to enter the transfer portal for his final season. Perkins has had many big-name suitors and recently named a top six which included programs like Indiana and Oregon. Perkins is an Indiana native, so the Hoosiers could be a name to watch here. However, Missouri appears to be the leader according to On3.
Someone reported Tony to Missou in another thread, which would be better than a transfer to another B1G team.

Iowa transfer Tony Perkins tells@On3sportsthese are the schools he has heard from since entering the transfer portal…

Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Missouri
UCLA
Indiana
USC
BYU
Nebraska
SMU
Kansas
Virginia
Cincinnati
Texas Tech
Arizona State
Virginia Tech
Vanderbilt
Miami…https://t.co/iANaP8qr8Xpic.twitter.com/mX2cU669CF

— Jamie Shaw (@JamieShaw5)March 27, 2024

They've got a good coach. They were one season removed from an R32 appearance.

KenPom had a writeup on them earlier this season. Essentially, they were better than their record suggested--unlike DePaul.
I'm going to disagree. 0-18 is 0-18. Living in KC I watched a few games. It's almost impossible to lose every conference game. It's one thing to leave for a better program but to leave Iowa to go to a team that was 0-18 is an absolutely ridiculous move.

I'm going to disagree. 0-18 is 0-18. Living in KC I watched a few games. It's almost impossible to lose every conference game. It's one thing to leave for a better program but to leave Iowa to go to a team that was 0-18 is an absolutely ridiculous move.
$$$. That's literally the only logical reason to go to them after this past season.

But yeah, Mizzou was Tony's first visit before the dead period. Believe he is planning to visit Oregon and Ole Miss as well. Literally think he will just go to whoever has the highest offer. Don't blame the kid at all since he isn't NBA material so he should cash in while he has the chance.

Patrick was down at the final 4 this past weekend as he got selected to be one of the NCAA's student athletes to take part in the coaches meetings. Pretty sure it was for players who were interested in getting into coaching. I think Pat may end up being a GA somewhere this year, but he could also wait until next if he decides he wants to play another.
Think Butler was the original school I heard when he entered.

Reactions: Moral
They've got a good coach. They were one season removed from an R32 appearance.

KenPom had a writeup on them earlier this season. Essentially, they were better than their record suggested--unlike DePaul.

They also have a top 5 recruiting class coming in, I think. But 0-18 does make you wonder. They made the NCAAs in 2023.

Patrick was down at the final 4 this past weekend as he got selected to be one of the NCAA's student athletes to take part in the coaches meetings. Pretty sure it was for players who were interested in getting into coaching. I think Pat may end up being a GA somewhere this year, but he could also wait until next if he decides he wants to play another.
Patrick to Butler then Jack.

Matta can't coach much longer, health, so Fran takes over as interim for a few years til Jack is done.

Connor is here, his girl will be soon.

Fingers crossed

Connor in Indiana, Patrick maybe in Indiana, Jack maybe going to Notre Dame. Good place for Fran and the rest of the family to move to.

Not going to argue for going 0-18. But they played up against great competition and down against bad competition. To KenPom's point it was a perfect storm of bad luck (of which they were dead last in his rankings).

Mizzou just added a transfer forward who averaged 19/8 and 41% from 3 in the OVC. I don't think it's that bad of a move for Tony to go there.

Patrick to Butler then Jack.

Matta can't coach much longer, health, so Fran takes over as interim for a few years til Jack is done.

Connor is here, his girl will be soon.

Fingers crossed
Zero chance Butler wants Fran. Why would a middle of the pack Big East team expect Fran’s philosophy to even be competitive in that league?!?

Reactions: RocknRollface
Zero chance Butler wants Fran. Why would a middle of the pack Big East team expect Fran’s philosophy to even be competitive in that league?!?
I wouldn't wager on anything I wrote.

Lol, a bunch of things aligning correctly that would be a Powerball for Iowa and are roughly the same odds.

Is the big east all of the sudden better than the big ten?
I would say yes, although with the four new big ten teams coming into the picture that could change. When it comes to success in the NCAA tourney and winning titles, there is no comparison. I think the big East has won like 4 out of 8 national titles.

Last edited:
I DO NOT want to see him at Iowa as a GA. Enough is enough.

I DO NOT want to see him at Iowa as a GA. Enough is enough.
Don't think he or Fran would do that. They understand the value in seeing other coaching styles. Pat has seen his dad's coaching style for his entire life, he wouldn't learn anything at all if he stayed as a GA.

Seems like the Mac sons are desperate to get away from living near mom and dad. All 3 are bolting or have bolted already.

Seems like the Mac sons are desperate to get away from living near mom and dad. All 3 are bolting or have bolted already.
Is that what you said when you left home, get me away from Mom and Dad? I was looking for freedom but Mom and Dad were not the problem. Connor left for a job, Patrick needs out of Iowa City for anxiety issues and lack of production on the court and Jack has his own issue. No reason to throw it on Mom and Dad unless you just feel like hating on them.

Not going to argue for going 0-18. But they played up against great competition and down against bad competition. To KenPom's point it was a perfect storm of bad luck (of which they were dead last in his rankings).

Mizzou just added a transfer forward who averaged 19/8 and 41% from 3 in the OVC. I don't think it's that bad of a move for Tony to go there.
ISU went 0-18 in the conference, went to the Sweet Sixteen the next season.

I'm sorry. 500k is too much for TP. I could maybe envision 20-50k for one year but 500k? If that's what a player of Perkins ability costs, there is no way I could donate enough to make it worthwhile to get elite players. 500k should be exceptional and reserved for program changing players that are one and done that only blue bloods can afford. College basketball is in trouble if this is the case. People will watch less and less especially after seeing how large programs like Iowa can't even afford to keep up. Very few will be able to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT