ADVERTISEMENT

Petras practicing yet?

So are you going for the record of "most bad threads by a single user" or what?
Sorry you don't like them.

Would seem to be a pertinent question right about now with Cade out for the season and Labas missing a lot of practice as well

Reactions: Bruceman44
Sorry you don't like them.

Would seem to be a pertinent question right about now with Cade out for the season and Labas missing a lot of practice as well
No, it’s not pertinent. .01% chance Spencer takes another college snap. Or is even in consideration for that matter.

Like 2D said - another bad thread.

Reactions: Iron Doc

It’s clear Brian and Kirk ruined Petras given the production Cade displayed, a proven winner who took his team to the CFP. We actually owe Petras an apology, good young man, solid arm but wrecked by KF and BF
I don't agree with your opinion but thanks for the informative article.

You never know though. Things can always change. Especially if Hill were to get hurt.

Hopefully Hill can settle in a bit and lead the Hawks to the Big Ten championship game

Reactions: jo12208
Not sure if an actual query or just trying to be funny by OP, but Iowa still has another 2 to 3 QBs to "go through" before Petras would even be considered for the QB1 position again.

And that's assuming he could play, but now that he's taken a 'coaching' position I doubt its possible.

Go Away GIF

The entire Petras thing never made sense. It was our coaches again just twisting themselves in knots. We would hear it’s not Spencer’s fault, continually. Well then they basically replace him this off-season and he’s not part of the team. So either they can’t evaluate starting qbs after three seasons or they were just throwing nonsense out to the media.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Is he even enrolled? On the roster as a player?
My understanding is he was not enrolled at the start of the semester. I was wondering how late he could enroll and still be eligible. My previous expectation had been that if anything happened to McNamara, they'd find a way to play him over the others. I can hear KF saying "we just thought he gave us the best chance to win" or some similar Kirk-ism.

The entire Petras thing never made sense. It was our coaches again just twisting themselves in knots. We would hear it’s not Spencer’s fault, continually. Well then they basically replace him this off-season and he’s not part of the team. So either they can’t evaluate starting qbs after three seasons or they were just throwing nonsense out to the media.
how did it not make sense to you?

1. he had major shoulder surgery that required a 9-12 mth rebab...so that would put him out until sometime in oct as a midpoint.
2. Coaches and players have said that our problems on O were much deeper than just him. But the media and fanbase does not seem to listen well.
3. The coaches went out and got Cade and we have seen that if the line and skill people are below avg it is difficult to be a QB.

how did it not make sense to you?

1. he had major shoulder surgery that required a 9-12 mth rebab...so that would put him out until sometime in oct as a midpoint.
2. Coaches and players have said that our problems on O were much deeper than just him. But the media and fanbase does not seem to listen well.
3. The coaches went out and got Cade and we have seen that if the line and skill people are below avg it is difficult to be a QB.
So he should be starting, ready to go right now. That injury was in November. So with good rehab, he’d be ready for the season, or he should be good to go for this back half. Why would you not want a three year starting quarterback on your active roster if there’s a chance he could start the season?!?!?

He's in a student assistant type role and tore his labrum and rotator cuff in that Neb game.
I know that...I'd imagine that even in 2023 you'd need to be enrolled at the university whose football team you want to play for so, is he still enrolled? Also I just checked the roster and he isn't on it, so I suspect he isn't enrolled. Would love confirmation on that.

The OC couldn't get him to click in the offense so you'd think that the QB coach would help him develop. Oh wait...

I think BF will do anything it takes to get to that 25 ppg average. Anyone know how he's doing so far this season in terms of hitting that 25 ppg average? I know he's behind the 25 ppg average, just not sure by how much, or what Iowa needs to score the rest of the season for him to hit that 25 ppg average. The broadcasters during the MSU game talked a little bit about the 25 ppg average but I can't remember exactly what they said in reference to the 25 ppg average.

I think BF will do anything it takes to get to that 25 ppg average. Anyone know how he's doing so far this season in terms of hitting that 25 ppg average? I know he's behind the 25 ppg average, just not sure by how much, or what Iowa needs to score the rest of the season for him to hit that 25 ppg average. The broadcasters during the MSU game talked a little bit about the 25 ppg average but I can't remember exactly what they said in reference to the 25 ppg average.
Then why didn't Iowa kick a FG vs Utah St rather than kneeling?

Just win baby

Not that it means anything that the posters think it means but Iowa needs 26.75 points/game moving forward.

McNamara, Hill, Labas, and Lainez. Let’s see them all at some point this season. Oh, and Petras isn’t on the roster.

No way in hell they hit 25ppg and it doesn't matter anyway.

You’re a dummy if you think this is true.

Loud and widespread fan disapproval can absolutely make a difference and bring about change.

And yes, in a positive way.
Exactly. It's the only reason CJB was named the starter in that weird January depth chart KF released after the bowl game in 2015.

I don't know what this even means. All I stated was that they aren't getting 25ppg and that it doesn't matter anyway. Do you disagree?
I agree they won't average 25.

If you were saying scoring doesn't matter vs winning, I agree.

I thought you were saying that it doesn't matter because BF will be retained regardless. That's what I was responding to

I agree they won't average 25.

If you were saying scoring doesn't matter vs winning, I agree.

I thought you were saying that it doesn't matter because BF will be retained regardless. That's what I was responding to
Looking for a serious answer from you here:

What does an offensive coordinator get paid to do?

You’re a dummy if you think this is true.

Loud and widespread fan disapproval can absolutely make a difference and bring about change.

And yes, in a positive way.
And if it doesn't bring about change it will usually rise to the point of being destructive.

AD's are paid very well to be able to make decisions without fan negativity.

Fans assign far too much importance to their voice and allow it far too much expression of negativity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT