ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Tour, Europe to Merge With Saudis and End LIV Litigation

The PGA and everyone else realized they would not be successful in court, this was simply a desperate move to remain in business.
Why wouldn’t they be successful in court? Did you read the agreement? The Saudis straight up bought off the PGA Tour.

This is all about that 501c tax exempt status. They made it a point in the letter and plus the saudis will be using their blood money to invest into the PGA lol.

Tiger and Rory should get together and bring back Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf format.

Get four of the best players in the world together and have them play all of the top 50 courses in the United States that wouldn’t want public events.

My guess is the Saudis big goal is owning the NFL.

If I had to guess, they will start with dipping their toe in NHL ownership.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Tiger and Rory should get together and bring back Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf format.

Get four of the best players in the world together and have them play all of the top 50 courses in the United States that wouldn’t want public events.
Eldrick isn't an attraction anymore at his age and physical condition it would be Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King every week.

Eldrick isn't an attraction anymore at his age and physical condition it would be Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King every week.
You’re going full Trad here.

He’s still the biggest star in golf. What was the highest rating for a PGA tournament this year?

What was the lowest rating for “The Match” when Tiger Woods was playing?

You’re going full Trad here.

He’s still the biggest star in golf. What was the highest rating for a PGA tournament this year?

What was the lowest rating for “The Match” when Tiger Woods was playing?
1997 was 26 years ago and multiple surgeries/accidents ago too.

He's not even clost to the being the same player, much like Bobby Riggs was in 1973.

For the last time - He is not remotely close to being the same caliber of player that he was.

Secondly everybody wants to watch a train wreck so the viewers ratings do not surprise me at all.

Rory protected his legacy. It cost him, but I respect what he did.

I bet the PGA players who spoke out against the KSA feel completely betrayed.
Rory did it for money as much as legacy, he has been all over the place when it comes to where the money comes from in golf. I do respect that he attempted to keep it together.

Just noting how much he did for the past year and this was the outcome, has to be frustrating for him

Rory did it for money as much as legacy, he has been all over the place when it comes to where the money comes from in golf. I do respect that he attempted to keep it together.

Just noting how much he did for the past year and this was the outcome, has to be frustrating for him
Rory is a d bag. Hopefully Phil drives a bomb into his back

Reactions: TennNole17
Remember, these people control the world oil market. They can produce at a cheap rate and that is their key. US producers have a giant cost per barrel compared to them. So whenever oil prices get high enough to bring the shale people back, they will again increase output to lower prices to put the shale guys out of business.

So, while you moron Republicans fill up your giant pickups that you drive to Hy-Vee with, think about that a little. But you probably wont.

Remember, these people control the world oil market. They can produce at a cheap rate and that is their key. US producers have a giant cost per barrel compared to them. So whenever oil prices get high enough to bring the shale people back, they will again increase output to lower prices to put the shale guys out of business.

So, while you moron Republicans fill up your giant pickups that you drive to Hy-Vee with, think about that a little. But you probably wont.
Boys....before you “Pooh-Pooh” what JR is saying here, Understand there is at least a grain of two of truth in what he says.

What the Saudi’s want is total control and what the PGA wants is to monopolize world golf.....Both have found the beginnings of common ground here...and in the long run, that cannot be good for most of us.

Be wary. Don’t let these two entities (Saudi’s/PGA) use your politics against your own best interests. This is becoming more and more about much more than sports.

Boys....before you “Pooh-Pooh” what JR is saying here, Understand there is at least a grain of two of truth in what he says.

What the Saudi’s want is total control and what the PGA wants is to monopolize world golf.....Both (Saudi’s and PGA) have found the beginnings of common ground here...and in the long run, that cannot be good for the rest of us.
Be wary. Be careful not to let these two entities use YOUR politics against your own best interests. These folks understand what they want. I don’t think most of us do.

Reactions: TennNole17
For the last time - He is not remotely close to being the same caliber of player that he was.

Secondly everybody wants to watch a train wreck so the viewers ratings do not surprise me at all.
Just stick to the political talking points. It's evident you don't know shit about the golf talking points (no surprise).

I'm very confused and concerned about this. Why couldn't the PGA just let the LIV players stay in the PGA and play in the tournaments? Why did they have to merge?

image.php

The most disruptive year in golf ended Tuesday when the PGA Tour and European tour agreed to a merger with Saudi Arabia's golf interests, creating a commercial operation designed to unify professional golf around the world.
As part of the deal, the sides are dropping all lawsuits involving LIV Golf against each other effective immediately.

Still to be determined is how players like Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson, who defected to Saudi-funded LIV Golf for nine-figure bonuses, can rejoin the PGA Tour after this year.
Also unclear was what form the LIV Golf League would take in 2024. Commissioner Jay Monahan said in a memo to players that a thorough evaluation would determine how to integrate team golf into the game.
The agreement combines the Public Investment Fund's golf-related commercial businesses and rights — including LIV Golf — with those of the PGA and European tours. The new entity has not been named.

“They were going down their path, we were going down ours, and after a lot of introspection you realize all this tension in the game is not a good thing,” Monahan said in a phone interview with The Associated Press.
“We have a responsibility to our tour and to the game, and we felt like the time was right to have that conversation.”
Yasir Al-Rumayyan, the governor of Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, will join the board of the PGA Tour, which continues to operates its tournaments. Al-Rumayyan will be chairman of the new commercial group, with Monahan as the CEO and the PGA Tour having a majority stake in the new venture.
The PIF will invest in the commercial venture.

Monahan said the decision came together over the last seven weeks.
___
AP golf: https://apnews.com/hub/golf and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
You know what would be freakin hilarious? If the FTC blocked the combination as anticompetitive (which it probably is).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT