ADVERTISEMENT

PGA Tour, Europe to Merge With Saudis and End LIV Litigation

^
^
When Trump lives in your head in a mansion.
Yeah, I wonder why he’s so suspicious of LIV’s leadership.
FnSmYnfWQAA-kK4.jpg:large

Is Gary Barta actually retiring, or is he going to work for Jay Monahan? Gary knows a lot about flaming PR disasters, seems he could be of assistance....

Seems pretty shady that the pros didnt even have a say in this merger, they should have had a vote to see how the pros fealt about a merger.

Is Gary Barta actually retiring, or is he going to work for Jay Monahan? Gary knows a lot about flaming PR disasters, seems he could be of assistance....
In all fairnbess, “flaming PR disasters” at the UI Athletic Department are a long and well established tradition. Bart a didn’t invent them…..he just helped maintain the tradition.

Saudis gonna buy up the NFL next.

then, they'll eliminate the pigskin ball; and it'll be "soccer".

Saudis gonna buy up the NFL next.

then, they'll eliminate the pigskin ball; and it'll be "soccer".

I would be shocked if an ownership group from the middle east would get the required 75% approval from other owners. Or they might let the first group buy the Seahawks for 20 billion, then shut down everyone else so they get the benefit of the money without giving up any control

This pisses me off more and more as I think about it. Let's ask the 9/11 survivors and family of the deceased their thoughts.

“PGA Commissioner Jay Monahan co-opted the 9/11 community last year in the PGA’s unequivocal agreement that the Saudi LIV project was nothing more than sportswashing of Saudi Arabia’s reputation. But now the PGA and Monahan appear to have become just more paid Saudi shills, taking billions of dollars to cleanse the Saudi reputation so that Americans and the world will forget how the Kingdom spent their billions of dollars before 9/11 to fund terrorism, spread their vitriolic hatred of Americans, and finance al Qaeda and the murder of our loved ones. Make no mistake – we will never forget,” said 9/11 Families United Chair Terry Strada, whose husband Tom died in the World Trade Center’s North Tower.

“Mr. Monahan talked last summer about knowing people who lost loved ones on 9/11, then wondered aloud on national television whether LIV Golfers ever had to apologize for being a member of the PGA Tour. They do now – as does he. PGA Tour leaders should be ashamed of their hypocrisy and greed. Our entire 9/11 community has been betrayed by Commissioner Monahan and the PGA as it appears their concern for our loved ones was merely window-dressing in their quest for money – it was never to honor the great game of golf.”

Bingo.

It’s amazing what oil and money can do….the Saudis committed one of the most heinous atrocities ever leveled against our country yet were nearly immediately absolved of all wrong doing.
Again, please explain why you are giving China a pass? The Saudis are awful no argument here, but somehow forced slavery, killing opposition leaders, sending COVID out into the world, and more and China just keeps going. All so we can get cheap cell phones.

Again, please explain why you are giving China a pass? The Saudis are awful no argument here, but somehow forced slavery, killing opposition leaders, sending COVID out into the world, and more and China just keeps going. All so we can get cheap cell phones.
China doesn’t get a pass, them and Russia are just as bad…but I guess I missed the part where the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Chinese nationals? And their suspected links to CCP officials? Or did that not happen?

You will never convince me that 9/11 didn’t have deep Saudi connections. If they didn’t encourage it, they sure didn’t do anything to stop it…

Reactions: Tom Paris
China doesn’t get a pass, them and Russia are just as bad…but I guess I missed the part where the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were Chinese nationals? And their suspected links to CCP officials? Or did that not happen?

You will never convince me that 9/11 didn’t have deep Saudi connections. If they didn’t encourage it, they sure didn’t do anything to stop it…
I never said China had anything to do with 911. I said why all the hate on the Saudis when the NBA, Nike, Hollywood, business in general all are sleeping with China and no one cares. But the Saudis buy their way into golf and the sports world goes crazy. I hate two separate standards for the same crime.

I never said China had anything to do with 911. I said why all the hate on the Saudis when the NBA, Nike, Hollywood, business in general all are sleeping with China and no one cares. But the Saudis buy their way into golf and the sports world goes crazy. I hate two separate standards for the same crime.
That’s what I’m saying though….I don’t equate anything that China has done to us personally to be on the same level as the 9/11 - Saudi connection. Not saying they are great, but they also haven’t been connected to a direct attack on us in recent history.

If China would have done something like that to us I would be upset with their involvement as well.

For the same reason I boycott Manchester City. Oil. I hate anything to do with it.
So.....you don't own a motor vehicle?
You don't buy food, clothes, or any consumer goods whatsoever?
You don't drink a beer or go out to eat?
You don't use roads or electricity?
You don't live in a house or apartment?

I assume you also "boycott" all of the above?

Last edited:
My guess is the Saudis big goal is owning the NFL.

If I had to guess, they will start with dipping their toe in NHL ownership.
While hockey is certainly vulnerable to Saudi money, I'm not sure it is high profile enough for them. They are going after soccer though. I don't think they are going to try and own one of the leagues as much as make the Saudi league the top spot for all the premiere talent in world.

Their attempts at sportswashing combined with the completely irresponsible spending on vanity projects and we get higher gas prices to pay for it.

So.....you don't own a motor vehicle?
You don't buy food, clothes, or any consumer goods whatsoever?
You don't drink a beer or go out to eat?
You don't use roads or electricity?
You don't live in a house or apartment?

I own a hybrid and walk most days.

I cut down to small living. I live very lean. You are fat.

Bingo.

It’s amazing what oil and money can do….the Saudis committed one of the most heinous atrocities ever leveled against our country yet were nearly immediately absolved of all wrong doing.
You mean like Japan was?

i have to wonder how monaghan stays on. i mean, i know it comes down more to the board rather than the players, but I just have to believe he's got a storm he's going to have to make his way through.

I own a hybrid and walk most days.

I cut down to small living. I live very lean. You are fat.
Your hybrid required oil to build. As did the roads you use. How do you think your food gets to the grocery store?

You don't really boycott oil.

Your hybrid required oil to build. As did the roads you use. How do you think your food gets to the grocery store?

You don't really boycott oil.

I do it as much as possible. Its hard to get away from. Its evil shit. I lowered my carbon footprint a great deal in the last 2 years.

Have another mouthful....

China certainly isn't squeaky clean but they haven't funded massive terrorist strikes against American civilians and they haven't lured American journalists into their embassy and then brutally murdered them. Also, China is making those leagues and companies do those things to gain access to the Chinese market. They aren't just trying to buy their way into the American market.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
I'm still holding on to some hope this doesn't actually happen.

The players that stayed true to the PGA are getting together and trying to get rid of Monahan.

We CANNOT let this happen.

he really is just incredibly tedious, but he's got about a hundred million reasons to be jealous.
500 million***

But dude needs to just give it up. Like good for you for making a horrible business decision and now trying to penalize other golfers for making more $$$ than him lol. “ITS NOT FAIR!!!!”

Not even sure how much of a golf fan you are when you call Rory's decision a "horrible business decision".

I have the utmost respect for this guy for what he believed in.

The players that left are dead to me, and always will be.
I’m a pretty big fan. He literally made one of the worst business decisions he could have haha. Missed out on $500 milly for no reason.

He came off as a d bag on the Netflix series, has been going after dudes that joined the LIV that were friends, thinks he is this generations Tiger Woods when he hasn’t won a Major since 2014, and he was so dumb on being the mouthpiece of Jay Monahan when it seemed like all of this was inevitable. Now he is still chirping players and trying to get them penalized because he is jealous and pissed on missing out in the $$$??

I would be shocked if an ownership group from the middle east would get the required 75% approval from other owners. Or they might let the first group buy the Seahawks for 20 billion, then shut down everyone else so they get the benefit of the money without giving up any control
Money does Strange things...makes for strange bedfellows. In 10 years, it’ll be reality. When money is involved, people lose all concept of what they believe. Chinese and Big Oil money are going to make the “american way of life” very uncomfortable in the years to come. These fołks will have their fingers in everything in a few years'.....and they will do so with American dollars.

I’m a pretty big fan. He literally made one of the worst business decisions he could have haha. Missed out on $500 milly for no reason.

He came off as a d bag on the Netflix series, has been going after dudes that joined the LIV that were friends, thinks he is this generations Tiger Woods when he hasn’t won a Major since 2014, and he was so dumb on being the mouthpiece of Jay Monahan when it seemed like all of this was inevitable. Now he is still chirping players and trying to get them penalized because he is jealous and pissed on missing out in the $$$??
Couldn’t disagree more, Bruno.
Watching today, I think Rory is wrestling with the reality of the future of golf and he doesn’t like it. He can’t say much negative, as it is his livelihood. But he sees how “the monied powers” have used him....and other players to extract a pound of flesh from them.
I really liked Rory in “the Big Swing” as he said stuff that needed to be said. I think now he has some real regrets for some of the stuff he said, particularly for defending Monaghan. However....Monaghan isn’t really the “bad guy” in this mess either. Monaghan is just the guy who was “there” when all this crap fell in to place" .
It truly isn’t personal....altho individuals were damaged..it is the nature of capitalism and business with no rails. The reason why Monaghan gets paid huge money is because he is going to come out of this as the scape goat or loser...eventually, there will be enough money spread around to soothe most of the ruffled feathers...just a few cases of ill will will be left.

Reactions: mnole03
500 million***

But dude needs to just give it up. Like good for you for making a horrible business decision and now trying to penalize other golfers for making more $$$ than him lol. “ITS NOT FAIR!!!!”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT