ADVERTISEMENT

Phil got outcoached

It wasn't a great defensive effort by any stretch of the imagination because they weren't able to get stops or turnovers. The offense of course was beyond terrible.

I wouldn't say Phil was outcoached. He just has less talent this year than he had last year which was exceptionally good defense.
It was great in the first half. Forced 4 punts. Gave up one field goal and were robbed of a stop on 4th and one where the refs gave PSU a ridiculously favorable spot which would have thwarted the short field touchdown drive. Got zero help from the offense which finished the half with 4 consecutive 3 and outs.

I'm not certain but I think the rain had a small factor in the cushions the defense was giving. Having to react vs knowing where you're going is much harder in sloppy conditions.

I agree with you on this……..but how in the heck did PSU stop our mighty offense because we should know where we are going? 😂😂😂😂

When your defense plays 70% of the snaps and your offense can't score...you're at a bit of a disadvantage. Phil Parker will NEVER...be the problem with this team. Can't believe that even needs saying.

Score some f***ing points. The object of the game....is to move the ball across your opponent's goalline for a touchdown. FFS.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Maybe because they actually faced actual top D1 talent which always seems to be a problem for this can’t

Good Big 10 teams seem to do whatever they want vs the Hawks ... if they need more points, they will get them. The new conference comers don’t operate that way, they play modern football.
USC moderned themselves into a solid ass kicking in the Holiday bowl. The shit teams in the BIG West are tougher to move the ball on than USC/UCLA. Their offenses, however, are exciting and scary good.

Just surprising that a guy that knows so much about Mel Tucker wouldn't know that he doesn't work there anymore.
I don’t follow MSU. I just know when he had that 10 win season 2-3 years ago, they gave him a long term guaranteed contract worth more than Captain Kirk’s contract. Did know they have that kind of money to buy a contract like that out only a few years later. Our excuse for not firing Kirk is we can’t afford to.

I don’t follow MSU. I just know when he had that 10 win season 2-3 years ago, they gave him a long term guaranteed contract worth more than Captain Kirk’s contract. Did know they have that kind of money to buy a contract like that out only a few years later. Our excuse for not firing Kirk is we can’t afford to.
They fired him with cause, meaning they don't plan to pay him anymore.

PSU online was much bigger than our D line and everyone could see the second half collapse coming when our offense can give them even a short break off the field. Our defense isn’t as good as last year, especially with losing our best D lineman for the season
We do rotate DL. Penn State did not rotate OL. Is the attacker expending more energy than the attackee?

Yeah, it is for sure the defenses fault….

Come on Phil….you have to have them ready to play a full 60 minutes if that is what the team needs to win! Help the offense out!

Sometimes I think our coaches and some fans don’t quite understand what “complimentary football” is supposed to mean…

Reactions: nelly02
Like he was doing something illegal or way out of their code of conduct? Interesting. What an idiot to do something stupid to piss away a 10 million a year or whatever it was, job.

He getting frisky with himself while on the phone with a MSU employee. She said she didn't consent, he says otherwise.

Penn State is talented enough and was patient enough to move the ball on the defense. The QB took what Iowa gives and was on target with the throws needed. Got the ball out quick. Michigan did the same last year and the year before. Phil is not perfect, but, the defense is generally in the right spot. LB's covering slot WR's can be an issue at times and not rolling coverage to assist as well, see Bell for Purdue in 2021 and Nebraska last year.

The defense has done such a good job, it is strange when they give up a long drive and a TD. With the offense, the defense needs to be almost perfect against good teams in addition to the special teams. Basically, the offense is not good enough to win a game on its own

He getting frisky with himself while on the phone with a MSU employee. She said she didn't consent, he says otherwise.

What an idiot to blow 80 million dollars for one phone sex episode. As for her, a woman who has made around 1 million giving the same speech 100 times, needs to learn how to hang up a dam phone!!!!

Imagine you're in a boxing match. You're outmatched from the start, but you feel like you have a chance.

Now imagine that for every punch you throw, the opponent is allowed to throw three, and for one of those three you have to tie one arm behind your back. Would you say in that scenario that you were beaten fairly?

Phil Parker didn't get outcoached that badly. He was hamstrung and never had a chance. Bill Belichick could have coached that defense and we still would have gotten our asses kicked.

Imagine you're in a boxing match. You're outmatched from the start, but you feel like you have a chance.

Now imagine that for every punch you throw, the opponent is allowed to throw three, and for one of those three you have to tie one arm behind your back. Would you say in that scenario that you were beaten fairly?

Phil Parker didn't get outcoached that badly. He was hamstrung and never had a chance. Bill Belichick could have coached that defense and we still would have gotten our asses kicked.
What has Bill Belichick done without the GOAT at QB?

Phil Parker > Bill Belichick

Reactions: IACub
I think I see where you're going with this, and I'm all in. The Gatorade and Ball girls also were insufficiently responsive to thirst and inflation management most of the game, it's well documented on the web tubes.

What an idiot to blow 80 million dollars for one phone sex episode. As for her, a woman who has made around 1 million giving the same speech 100 times, needs to learn how to hang up a dam phone!!!!
He was already on the way to divorce.. so he blew $40M.. Mel Tucker is just slow, dumb, dishonest and crooked. $80M and he was caught vacationing on MSU’s dime.. horrid coach to boot—perfect for the felons at MSU.

The defense was on the field a lot, and a lot of the blame for that is on the offense, but some of it also belongs to the defense. They have to get off the field on third and fourth downs. I'm not knocking Phil or the defense, but you have to take advantage of the opportunities that you are presented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT