ADVERTISEMENT

Please Deacon

bman546

HR MVP
Nov 16, 2008
Please Deacon drop the extra weight.... It isn't necessary to your position. You aren't a run stuffer, or an O-lineman.

From the CR Gazette:
"Iowa officially lists Hill at 230 pounds.
On paper, that is not far off from Spencer Petras’ 231-pound weight last year or Carson May’s 221-pound measurement. But in reality, Hill has a much different physique than Petras or May. Wisconsin listed him at 248 pounds in 2021."

I will probably be eviscerated for this (for fat shaming I guess), but what I am saying is true. We aren't talking about the middle school kid with a weight issue being shamed or bullied, this is a starting QB in the Big Ten. Iowa now lists Hill's weight at 258, but I suspect he is probably heavier than that. Yesterday I noticed he has, not only, a huge gut, but it is especially soft and jiggly. Hill has a rifle for an arm, but all of the extra baggage is not in any way helping him be a better QB. To me, it's a red flag:
How hard are you working, and willing to work? How disciplined are you willing to be in order to be the best QB you can be?
By all accounts he is a fine young man, and he may be doing 98/100 things right, but a couple of things could be preventing the young man from reaching his potential (and helping the team as well). Clearly there is an issue... Make a commitment to it. If you shed 30 pounds of goo, you will still be good sized, more athletic and agile and would in theory be able to move at least a little better in the pocket.

Before you start pointing out the one offs/exceptions etc. The Hefty Lefty, Jared Lorenzen really had very little of a career, and was dead at age 38.
Roethlisberger was listed at 6'5" and 241 lbs. and had nowhere near the gut girth of Hill....

Last edited:
i may be in the minority but his solid weight is a source of comfort given the porosity of the OL. when tacklers bounce off and he’s still able to launch 40 yard passes (even if inaccurate) it makes defenses second guess against all out crowding of los. it has to be a bit demoralizing to opposing dl and lbs to see the man look at them with disdain. i like fatboy and his attitude/poise, his big arm and willingness to launch deep multiple times, it’s helping the run game.

Please Deacon drop the extra weight.... It isn't necessary to your position. You aren't a run stuffer, or an O-lineman.

From the CR Gazette:
On paper, that is not far off from Spencer Petras’ 231-pound weight last year or Carson May’s 221-pound measurement. But in reality, Hill has a much different physique than Petras or May. Wisconsin listed him at 248 pounds in 2021."

I will probably be eviscerated for this (for fat shaming I guess), but what I am saying is true. We aren't talking about the middle school kid with a weight issue being shamed or bullied, this is a starting QB in the Big Ten. Iowa now lists Hill's weight at 258, but I suspect he is probably heavier than that. Yesterday I noticed he has, not only, a huge gut, but it is especially soft and jiggly. Hill has a rifle for an arm, but all of the extra baggage is not in any way helping him be a better QB. To me, it's a red flag:
How hard are you working, and willing to work? How disciplined are you willing to be in order to be the best QB you can be?
By all accounts he is a fine young man, and he may be doing 98/100 things right, but a couple of things could be preventing the young man from reaching his potential (and helping the team as well). Clearly there is an issue... Make a commitment to it. If you shed 30 pounds of goo, you will still be good sized, more athletic and agile and would in theory be able to move at least a little better in the pocket.

Before you start pointing out the one offs/exceptions etc. The Hefty Lefty, Jared Lorenzen really had very little of a career, and was dead at age 38.
Roethlisberger was listed at 6'5" and 241 lbs. and had nowhere near the gut girth of Hill....
I hope he sheds some weight because he's not in good physical condition, but he's just a guy playing football on a team that lacks adequate QB's. He's probably struggled with weight most of his life. He's never going to be some prototypical college QB. That's not what he is/will be.

From the CR Gazette:

Your entire post is....spot on. You can't maintain a physique like that without consuming a multitude of twinkies on a routine basis. If football is truly important to him, I'd like to see him commit to getting in better shape.

i may be in the minority but his solid weight is a source of comfort given the porosity of the OL. when tacklers bounce off and he’s still able to launch 40 yard passes (even if inaccurate) it makes defenses second guess against all out crowding of los. it has to be a bit demoralizing to opposing dl and lbs to see the man look at them with disdain. i like fatboy and his attitude/poise, his big arm and willingness to launch deep multiple times, it’s helping the run game.
When has a defender ever bounced off of him? We don’t even use his size to run QB sneak like we did with Petras and Stanley. And launching it deep? He threw one deep ball yesterday to Vines, and it was no where close. It did nothing to back Wisconsin off the LOS.

He and Bret need to make the trip to Eli Lilly where they are doing trial of their new drug called triple G. The good news it seems to be the best for weight loss and does work. Hopefully these new drugs and can put the diet folks and bypass surgeons out of business Bret should get there tomorrow

iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT