ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a worse quarterback in college football than Deacon Hill?

Deacon was in the same boat that Petras was in. They both did the best they could with the resources they had. It's not their fault they were allowed to continue to play in an environment that didn't fit well with their skills. This was totally on the coaches for not having an better solution to the problem. I'm not sure why the coaches didn't see the need to have different tools (players) depending on the task. The way Cade was hobbling before his final injury, I'm not sure we would have seen that much difference with CM as QB. I hope the new OC can adjust to the players so we have a chance to be better next year.

I mean for anybody that's watched a lot or a little of college football. We've all seen some great quarterbacks out there. Have you seen anybody worse than Deacon Hill? I'm trying to think and I can't remember one. I know he tries real hard and everything, but zero results.
Probably not statistically……. Or visually for that matter. KF and BF both feel Hill gave us the best chance to win?

• Angry
Reactions: shudaddy
Deacon has a cannon attached to his shoulder and that is about it. Haven’t seen that velocity since Dan McGwire. Other than that. Not so much.
Poor guy. Feel bad for him. Ferentz put him out there. It is 100% on Brian and Kirk. Iowa would have lost to all of the ranked teams but the scores would have been much more respectable had we just handed off 3 times and punted and kept the ball out of Deacon’s hands

He's not very good, but neither are our WRs and O-line. O-line has to be better next year.....A LOT BETTER!

I just don't see it happening.

It used to be a strength and we sent guys off to the NFL.

Maybe it's the scheme and that will help next year.

IDK.

Now are you implying that was worse than the one he threw against Nebraska which should have lost the game but instead they were even dumber and gave it right back? Or the horrific pick 6 he tossed out yesterday? All were things of beauty and in some cases our fans thought the one to Nebraska actually won the game for us because it was all part of Kirk and Brian's master plan of turn the ball over and hope they turn it right back to you.
I live near the border, it carries more significance. And I am pissed off the streak is not 9 games. And it cost me free golf at local country club. On going bet with Club President who is a Gopher fan.
But I get your point☺

I mean for anybody that's watched a lot or a little of college football. We've all seen some great quarterbacks out there. Have you seen anybody worse than Deacon Hill? I'm trying to think and I can't remember one. I know he tries real hard and everything, but zero results.
No. He is the worst I have seen this year for sure. I have not seen them all but I would bet between in person, on TV, etc somewhere around 60 starters. Not even close.

Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT