ADVERTISEMENT

PMac wins Chris Street award

I'm assuming it's due to his mental struggles and returning to the court.
Not sure you could say anyone on the team would be on Chris' level.

Reactions: mtown66
I wish him well at Butler and he seems to be a good kid... IMO this is another reason Fran needed to hit the road, he has chosen family over the program the last 7 years. Same can be said for KF. Thanks Barta.

The only thing PMAC had in common with CMS was they both were white, played for Iowa and were tall. Owen Freeman should win that award every year he is here.

I can't recall if the coaches vote on that award, if it's the players that vote, if the Street family is involved? Hard to argue if Mike and Patty signed off on it.

But I'm in the camp with others that PMac's actions (or lack thereof) on the court don't seem to embody the spirit of the award or mirror the actions of Chris on the court. Chris was tenacious.....vivacious.....the ultimate competitor. He also was a helluva rebounder (especially on the offensive end) and a pretty damn good defender too......all things PMac definitely was NOT during his time.

Awarding this to a guy who we know is willingly transferring out? If the accident had never happened the last thing Chris would have done would be to transfer away from Iowa.

I guess if they'd given it to Pierre Pierce, that would have been a less deserving honoree.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
Who can list the past winners? Let's judge this as a whole overall.... but this was a stretch.

This feels wrong on every level. Coach’s kids need to exceed the standards for any award or privilege. He didn’t even meet the minimum. Too bad. Maybe next week he will win the Nobel Peace Prize. He’s just as qualified.

Why's that? Just curious
I was going to ask the same thing...

I haven't seen the documentary, but I do know people who knew the snowplow driver and they said he obviously took the whole thing real hard and they were not fans of the whole lawsuit deal the Street family had going against him.

For whatever reason...Chris made a mistake by pulling out in front of a snowplow and paid for it with his life. Sad situation all the way around and a waste of a great talent and life.

3/19/1992
Iowa vs Texas NCAA 1st Round Game
6’8” Tall, 220 lbs
32 Minutes Played
7 Offensive Rebounds

2023-2024 Season
31 Games Played
6’9” Tall, 212 lbs
712 Minutes Played
5 Offensive Rebounds

6RkTg0.gif

Iowa Men BB program is embarrassing at this point. When I watch Patrick play, first thing that comes to mind is Chris Street. just gets after it on the boards and plays hard all the time.

Oh, and he is leaving the program

What I thought was interesting is that Tony Perkins, a starter and 2nd (?) leading scorer on the team wasn't recognized with a single end of season team recognition award, presumably because he's transferring/transferred. Yet, PMac, who's also transferring, won perhaps the most coveted end of season recognition? Not sure what it says, exactly, but it says something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT