ADVERTISEMENT

Point Break is on Netflix

Dude, it's Saturday in the fall.
? Your point? Hawks aren’t on and we’re in blowout territory elsewhere. Maybe live a little, don’t let that dairy manager keep you down.

What a great film. Back when we could all just be Americans and enjoy a solid flick.

I slept on this film until early 2022 and it's perfect popcorn flick. Kinda hoping I get a chance to watch it on a big screen. Would love to watch this scene on a big screen:

Point_Break_5.gif

Reactions: NCHawk5
I slept on this film until early 2022 and it's perfect popcorn flick. Kinda hoping I get a chance to watch it on a big screen. Would love to watch this scene on a big screen:

Point_Break_5.gif
Don’t ruin it for me! Not all the way done brother!

And at the end, Australia baby. I dated an Australian in that era. That is Bell's Beach in Victoria. I was young dumb and full of vigor so I tried to surf there. Once. I got my ass handed by a large wave and it slammed me into sea shells. Legs were cut open, bleeding, shorts were ripped. Thankfully, I was only humiliated by my gf at the time who pointed and laughed.

Anyhow, if you like nice sandy beaches and college aged topless boobs as far as you can see with women who will have sex with you if you have anything resembling an American accent, try surfer's paradise on the gold coast. If you can't get laid there, you're gay, didn't know you were gay, or dead. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those choices either.

America baby. When we could all come together for a solid movie (even if it didn’t include the gays or the transes)
I don't know about you, but when the no-pics wife and I went to see Elvis, I can't recall knowing a single other patron's political view points before/during/after the film, therefore, it's pretty safe to assume we all enjoyed the movie together as Americans...er um...baby.

I don't know about you, but when the no-pics wife and I went to see Elvis, I can't recall knowing a single other patron's political view points before/during/after the film, therefore, it's pretty safe to assume we all enjoyed the movie together as Americans...er um...baby.
Dude, Elvis? Lol the man who stole everything he became?

A very enoyable film. The usual Keanu Reeve's semi clueless shtick actually worked 'cuz as part of the storyline he was getting owned by Patrick Swayze

Also spawned the last great Public Image Ltd single:

“Some like it in a limousine! I like it in a tractor!”

I'll be the one to ruin the Point Break thread by complaining that they didn't need to make a remake of a not-that-old original film with at least 2 (possibly 3 depending on how you view Busey) A list stars. Film belonged in its time and place, not now.

BTW @NCHawk5 Bama Tennessee game was probably game of the year (will be hard to top this year). I really hope it was ur first time watching Point Break because that's the only way you came close to breaking even

Tom Hanks's accent and the overall length are the only things about that movie that aren't basically totally awesome. They did a much better job with that movie than I expected. The music sounded great just coming out of my cheap TV sound bar. Austin Butler really should go back in time and just be the original Elvis because he's a little better at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT