Is Kevin O'Leary right?

• Yes

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
He understands the matter more than most.
If you don't think this is going to hurt New York in the long run you are just putting your head in the sand.

Does he also keep 2 sets of books?

LAW AND ORDER!

Reactions: sabula
He’s 100% correct. Real estate investor says it’s worth x amount, the bank does independent valuation and says it’s worth X amount. The two parties agree upon amount and the bank gives 50% loan, which is used to buy more real estate. THE BANK SIGNED OFF, I can’t stress that enough.

Anyone in real estate does this and has since beginning of time. It’s like selling a house, you ask top dollar and write up amazing description about the home. Not the best example, but comparable.

The AG set out on a personal vendetta against Trump, which is why he’s in this situation. I’m not a big fan of Trump, I wish he’d keep his mouth shut, but he brings this unwanted attention due to opposition. This is a bad look for NY. Trump did nothing wrong, in this situation. Not to mention, loan was payed back.

Objectively, this seems like it is happening as it should. Hopefully trump will be in an orange jumpsuit soon. Maybe he too can get in the building reserved for elderly criminals.

Reactions: MitchLL
It’s not like the government is just taking rich people’s money. This is a punishment for an offense in which he was found liable.

His argument only works if the entire judicial system is corrupt
But it was an offense with no victim. Both parties were happy with the outcome. And the exact same thing happens every single day, all around the world. Odd that the judicial system decided with this specific case that it was suddenly illegal.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
He’s 100% correct. Real estate investor says it’s worth x amount, the bank does independent valuation and says it’s worth X amount. The two parties agree upon amount and the bank gives 50% loan, which is used to buy more real estate. THE BANK SIGNED OFF, I can’t stress that enough.

Anyone in real estate does this and has since beginning of time. It’s like selling a house, you ask top dollar and write up amazing description about the home. Not the best example, but comparable.

The AG set out on a personal vendetta against Trump, which is why he’s in this situation. I’m not a big fan of Trump, I wish he’d keep his mouth shut, but he brings this unwanted attention due to opposition. This is a bad look for NY. Trump did nothing wrong, in this situation. Not to mention, loan was payed back.

Did Trump falsely claim the property as a private residence? Yes or no

It’s not like the government is just taking rich people’s money. This is a punishment for an offense in which he was found liable.

You said the quiet part out loud…100% democratic system found him liable.

Well if he didn’t commit crimes. It wouldn’t have mattered where he did business.
You sure about that? Open up your eyes - how many other real estate developers have been taken to court and fined in a victimless scenario? I’ll wait for your response…

I legit always thought that equality under the law and the right to a fair trial were the brand of the US, not special treatment for the elite political class.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Reactions: chonk
All of this is weaponizing of the justice system. The dems are willing to destroy NYC and America to push their globalization agenda.

This ruling will destroy America. US weaponized the dollar when they held Russian assets and they are now weaponizing the justice system against their own citizens and even presidential candidate, the west is selling their souls in the name of the Sustainable Development Goals.

The dems/USA are trying to give other countries equal power as the US through their globalization agenda, then they weaponize the dollar by holding foreign assets and blocking Russia from SWIFT, and now they are attacking their own citizen and presidential candidate. Other countries are gaining power from the US and they are losing trust in the dollar and our long term stability. Biden is actively allowing an invasion at the US border and he has convinced a 1/3 of Americans that this is a good thing.

This is a self created implosion of America as we used to know it. The current democratic cult is an authoritarian regime, they are everything dems claim trump would be.

You sure about that? Open up your eyes - how many other real estate developers have been taken to court and fined in a victimless scenario? I’ll wait for your response…
How many other Real Estate developers take thousands to lawsuits to avoid paying their debts. The guy has used his fortune and the courts to bully his way through life. I’m sorry if I won’t cry any tears over the guy. Trump as he always does pushed the envelope way beyond anyone else. If he wouldn’t have behaved this way in the past it would have been a much smaller fine. He mocks the system of justice every chance he gets.

How many other Real Estate developers take thousands to lawsuits to avoid paying their debts. The guy has used his fortune and the courts to bully his way through life. I’m sorry if I won’t cry any tears over the guy. Trump as he always does pushed the envelope way beyond anyone else. If he wouldn’t have behaved this way in the past it would have been a much smaller fine. He mocks the system of justice every chance he gets.
You’re not wrong about Trump. But this lawsuit is a joke and nothing more than a personal vendetta. Both those statements can be accurate.

Reactions: tumorboy
You’re not wrong about Trump. But this lawsuit is a joke and nothing more than a personal vendetta. Both those statements can be accurate.
You’re not wrong. But there is a saying karma is a bitch. He’s used his position, popularity, etc etc. to float the laws. Now his position , popularity, fortune, etc etc. got him in trouble a normal person would never have . Maybe a better saying is be poor and never get sued, but go to jail. Be rich and never go to jail, but always get sued.

USA Today did a study of a similar real estate developer worth more than Trump. He had about 1200 lawsuits over billing disputes. While Trump being a smaller developer mind you had over 4000 in the same time period.

Last edited:
Soo... he is white so this is ok....

This is banana republic type shit bro, be better.
Heaven forbid a man that commits crimes gets held accountable for said crimes.

The party of law and order sure doesn't like law and order when it's a dude.
That better? Still works.

I'm a fan of all criminals being held accountable for their actions. I know we won't see eye to eye on this because you enjoy playing "that guy" in these threads. So if that edited post doesn't work for ya, sorry not sorry.

Enjoy your day! It's my Friday, so I'm pretty ****ing happy about that.

That better? Still works.

I'm a fan of all criminals being held accountable for their actions. I know we won't see eye to eye on this because you enjoy playing "that guy" in these threads. So if that edited post doesn't work for ya, sorry not sorry.

Enjoy your day! It's my Friday, so I'm pretty ****ing happy about that.
Being held accountable and gross overreach are two different things.

Enjoy youe day, good timing for BBall.

I get his sentiment but you can’t just say ooopsies when you’re convicted of fraud and told to pay up.

You don’t get a free pass just because you’re an elite member of society. O’Leary is a dumbass for thinking otherwise, even if he had good intentions with his idea. Just another rich guy complaining. Not even American I don’t believe (?).

trump has literally gotten away with everything. It’s time to pay up, whether he can afford it or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT