ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Move the Final Four to The Annapolis?

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
Originally posted by strummingram:
By the way, this genius governor is just a reflection of our society in general. He was elected.

Moving the Final Four now would not be the way to go. First of all, the NCAA is shamefully corrupt and the epitome of modern-day slavery that exists in this country. So, moving the FF, in some effort to boycott bigotry is a little too ironic and hypocritical.
I don't disagree about the NCAA but that doesn't mean you shouldn't object to clear bigotry just because other wrongs are going unpunished. There doesn't seem to be any inclination to clean up the sports crap, and that's a shame, but that doesn't mean we have to give this particular shame a pass.
There is some inclination to get the NCAA from being head plantation owner. Some lawsuits are in place. I'm actually somewhat honored that UNC is vicariously playing a role. I see Mary Willingham as trying to expose this NCAA/Student-Athlete fraud. I don't take it personal that UNC was caught or being exposed. I still love the school and the legacy. I know for a fact that athletes are exploited, they are given special treatment in other ways, and held to a different standard (for good or bad). It's not amateur at all.

I didn't mean to imply that you don't try and correct the injustice. I just don't think moving the FF is effective.

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:
By the way, this genius governor is just a reflection of our society in general. He was elected.

Moving the Final Four now would not be the way to go. First of all, the NCAA is shamefully corrupt and the epitome of modern-day slavery that exists in this country. So, moving the FF, in some effort to boycott bigotry is a little too ironic and hypocritical.
I don't disagree about the NCAA but that doesn't mean you shouldn't object to clear bigotry just because other wrongs are going unpunished. There doesn't seem to be any inclination to clean up the sports crap, and that's a shame, but that doesn't mean we have to give this particular shame a pass.
There is some inclination to get the NCAA from being head plantation owner. Some lawsuits are in place. I'm actually somewhat honored that UNC is vicariously playing a role. I see Mary Willingham as trying to expose this NCAA/Student-Athlete fraud. I don't take it personal that UNC was caught or being exposed. I still love the school and the legacy. I know for a fact that athletes are exploited, they are given special treatment in other ways, and held to a different standard (for good or bad). It's not amateur at all.

I didn't mean to imply that you don't try and correct the injustice. I just don't think moving the FF is effective.
I agree with you about UNC. But saying that out loud is a good way to get yourself banned on the UNC board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT