ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Which vehicle

If you had to choose from these three:

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
For those with experience with any of these three, which one would you choose? Looks-wise, I'm leaning towards the INFINITY, but it's the least dependable of the three. The Lexus is #1 in that department, but that front end is terrible.

2020+ Lexus RX 350 (Toyota)
Eminent-White-Pearl-Lexus-RX.png

2022+ Acura MDX (Honda)
Technology_Package-2022ACS110095_2100_01.jpg

2022+ INFINITY QX50 (Nissan)
94c41079-a8e1-4a72-9b68-7a05b44ac927.png

We just bought the MDX with A-Spec package. I've owned several Acuras and the reliability has always been good. What sold me on the MDX over the RX 350 is the six cylinder engine. It just drives more smoothly than a four.

Reactions: Moral
Do NOT buy the Infiniti.

Of the other two, if one has a CVT transmission (Acura?) and one doesn't, buy the one that doesn't. If both do or don't, even thought it has the dorky shot jigger grill I'd go Lexus.

Do NOT buy the Infiniti.

Of the other two, if one has a CVT transmission (Acura?) and one doesn't, buy the one that doesn't. If both do or don't, even thought it has the dorky shot jigger grill I'd go Lexus.
Neither has that, Lexus is an 8-speed and the Acura is a 10-spead auto. I didn't realize the INFINITY had that CVT garbage.

Where’s the American option?
If you don’t love it leave it!
Pick your favorite manufacturing location. (I picked mine)

Toyota:
  1. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK) - Georgetown, Kentucky
  2. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas (TMMTX) - San Antonio, Texas
  3. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana (TMMI) - Princeton, Indiana
  4. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi (TMMMS) - Blue Springs, Mississippi
  5. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama (TMMAL) - Huntsville, Alabama
Nissan:
  1. Nissan North America Smyrna Assembly Plant - Smyrna, Tennessee
  2. Nissan North America Canton Assembly Plant - Canton, Mississippi
Honda:
  1. Honda Manufacturing of Alabama (HMA) - Lincoln, Alabama
  2. Honda Manufacturing of Indiana (HMIN) - Greensburg, Indiana

Toyota:
Nissan:
Honda:
So if they are made in the USA it cancels out that they aren’t American companies?

I've got a '17 MDX and have put 110K on it because of city and some long distance driving on it. Had to replace the fuel pump recently but still dependable and rides smooth.
I don't think you can go wrong with either Lexus or Acura.

So if they are made in the USA it cancels out that they aren’t American companies?
Depends. What do you care about? I care about U.S. jobs and the San Antonio, TX Toyota plant offers a lot of U.S. jobs. Did you know Ford has manufacturing plants in Canada, Mexico, Germany, China, and Brazil? What device are you using to send me your very important message, Korean-made Samsung phone, China-made Lenovo laptop, or a U.S. made(ish) Mac book? :cool:

Toyota:
Nissan:
Honda:
Acuras are assembled at Honda plants in Ohio.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
For those with experience with any of these three, which one would you choose? Looks-wise, I'm leaning towards the INFINITY, but it's the least dependable of the three. The Lexus is #1 in that department, but that front end is terrible.

2022+ Acura MDX (Honda)

I own a 2019 Lexus Rx350. Been a great vehicle. No major issues. Great safety features. Doesn't have Android Auto. I will be trading it at the end of the month for over $18000 with 121000 miles on it.

Would definitely by another, but going EV.

Wife has a 2021 qx50 she is happy with it. Bought it new and it only has like 13 k miles in it

Depends. What do you care about? I care about U.S. jobs and the San Antonio, TX Toyota plant offers a lot of U.S. jobs. Did you know Ford has manufacturing plants in Canada, Mexico, Germany, China, and Brazil? What device are you using to send me your very important message, Korean-made Samsung phone, China-made Lenovo laptop, or a U.S. made(ish) Mac book? :cool:
I don’t really care that much. Just giving you a hard time. Hell the wife has a Toyota 4Runner so it’s not like I can talk.
Sending you messages on an iPhone fyi. 😜

I would go with the Nissan, but mostly because the company seems to be in general, steering clear of EV's. That technology is not perfected yet and could easily be leapfrogged by Hydrogen Fuel Cells or through a couple of other strategies. Nissan appears to be unconvinced when it comes to EV's.

They generate huge cash flow which is money they will have to cover warranty, and other expenses related to cars already in customer hands.

In short, if things go wrong, (Recall or Lawsuits) they will have the money to address it.

Plus, Infinity makes some fine-looking cars.

I would go with the Nissan, but mostly because the company seems to be in general, steering clear of EV's. That technology is not perfected yet and could easily be leapfrogged by Hydrogen Fuel Cells or through a couple of other strategies. Nissan appears to be unconvinced when it comes to EV's.

They generate huge cash flow which is money they will have to cover warranty, and other expenses related to cars already in customer hands.

In short, if things go wrong, (Recall or Lawsuits) they will have the money to address it.

Plus, Infinity makes some fine-looking cars.
What the hell are you talking about?!

So you hate EVs.. Obviously.

And https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars.html

Reactions: funksouljon
I got a 2010 Lexus RX350 that I finally gave to my mom a couple of years ago because she likes it so much. I think it's up to around 235k miles and as long as she continues to take care of it, it's showing no signs of stopping.

It's super comfortable and reliable (Knocking on wood it stays that way after 15 years). Only potential negative - depending on your preferences - is that it's made for comfort and isn't as "sporty" as the Acura.

Reactions: funksouljon
I got a 2010 Lexus RX350 that I finally gave to my mom a couple of years ago because she likes it so much. I think it's up to around 235k miles and as long as she continues to take care of it, it's showing no signs of stopping.

It's super comfortable and reliable (Knocking on wood it stays that way after 15 years). Only potential negative - depending on your preferences - is that it's made for comfort and isn't as "sporty" as the Acura.
The wife really hates the front end of the Lexus. She says it looks like a Cylon.

scifi-cars-battlestar-galactica-8598691840

So, I think we're closing in on the Acura.

Here's what ChatGPT said:

Here are the top 10 mid-size luxury SUVs comparable to the Lexus RX 350 in terms of dependability and low cost of ownership for 2022:

1. Lexus RX 350 - Known for its reliability and overall low cost of ownership.
  2. Acura MDX - Offers strong reliability and a relatively low cost of ownership.
  3. Genesis GV80 - Highly rated for its luxury features and dependability.
  4. BMW X5 - Well-regarded for its performance, though maintenance can be costly.
  5. Audi Q7 - Offers a balance of luxury and dependability.
  6. Mercedes-Benz GLE - Known for its luxury and reliable performance.
  7. Volvo XC90 - Offers safety, reliability, and a luxurious interior.
  8. Lincoln Aviator - A reliable choice with a strong warranty.
  9. Porsche Cayenne - Known for its performance and luxury, though maintenance can be pricey.
  10. Cadillac XT5 - Offers a mix of luxury, performance, and dependability.

I've driven two of those vehicles, the Accura and the Infiniti. I like the Accura better.

I've driven the Volvo XC 90 and like it more than either. It's spacious super quite.

2022+ Acura MDX (Honda)

Do they all have the same mileage? The Lexus is two model years older than the other two choices. It was actually built pre-COVID!

Do they all have the same mileage? The Lexus is two model years older than the other two choices. It was actually built pre-COVID!
I put a '+' in front of the 2020 because the body style is the same from 2020 to current. However, the INFINITY and Acura body style changed in 2022. My search is zeroed in on a 2022 with less than 25K miles. It may take me 6 months to find what I'm looking for, but it will be worth it in the end. I may even purchase the week of Thanksgiving, end of year and end of month quotas. ;)

The wife really hates the front end of the Lexus. She says it looks like a Cylon.

scifi-cars-battlestar-galactica-8598691840

So, I think we're closing in on the Acura.

Here's what ChatGPT said:

Here are the top 10 mid-size luxury SUVs comparable to the Lexus RX 350 in terms of dependability and low cost of ownership for 2022:

1. Lexus RX 350 - Known for its reliability and overall low cost of ownership.
  2. Acura MDX - Offers strong reliability and a relatively low cost of ownership.
  3. Genesis GV80 - Highly rated for its luxury features and dependability.
  4. BMW X5 - Well-regarded for its performance, though maintenance can be costly.
  5. Audi Q7 - Offers a balance of luxury and dependability.
  6. Mercedes-Benz GLE - Known for its luxury and reliable performance.
  7. Volvo XC90 - Offers safety, reliability, and a luxurious interior.
  8. Lincoln Aviator - A reliable choice with a strong warranty.
  9. Porsche Cayenne - Known for its performance and luxury, though maintenance can be pricey.
  10. Cadillac XT5 - Offers a mix of luxury, performance, and dependability.
It's a big grill, too. So it's not like, if you don't like it, you can just easily ignore it or look past it.

Hondas don’t die.
I had my 2002 honda element for 18 years.....put 180,000 miles on it. Suspension was showing its age. So I traded it in for my 2021 Honda passport. Huge technology upgrade . I went from a flinstones car to a Jedi's car !! I've had the passport for over 3 years....runs fantastic !! I put about 12,000 miles on it per year. Hondas have never disappointed me !!! Go with the Acura I'd say....but I'm sure alll 3 are great vehicles !!

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT