ADVERTISEMENT

Pope Francis just handed conservatism its butt!

Why don't you want the poor to live good lives Jscott? You think that giving them JUST enough money to get by, whilst pissing it away on booze and BS is helping the poor?

How many meals have you handed out today? How much do you donate? Do you just bitch about it?

Conservative ideas have NOTHING to do with not helping the poor. You're confusing real conservatism with Corporatism.

Why don't you want the poor to live good lives Jscott? You think that giving them JUST enough money to get by, whilst pissing it away on booze and BS is helping the poor?

How many meals have you handed out today? How much do you donate? Do you just bitch about it?

Conservative ideas have NOTHING to do with not helping the poor. You're confusing real conservatism with Corporatism.

No offense, but you and your church bake sales (best conservative idea) can't help with this social problem.

No offense, but you and your church bake sales (best conservative idea) can't help with this social problem.
Why not? It should ALWAYS be the duty of the people to help their fellow people first. Admit it, you just don't really care enough to try and help.

The government was never meant to be everyones savior. That was the whole point of America, to create a country where the people could thrive without an overly involved government.

Reactions: spinrbait
Why not? It should ALWAYS be the duty of the people to help their fellow people first. Admit it, you just don't really care enough to try and help.

The government was never meant to be everyones savior. That was the whole point of America, to create a country where the people could thrive without an overly involved government.
Agree. I'm not sure how gov't policies help deal with addiction, single parenting, etc. which are the root causes for many people in poverty.

How has the gov't shown themselves to be so great in helping the poor? Taking money from people, eating up about 70% in gov't waste, overhead, etc, and then giving the remaining 20-30% to the poor. How generous of those boys in Wash.

Agree. I'm not sure how gov't policies help deal with addiction, single parenting, etc. which are the root causes for many people in poverty.

How has the gov't shown themselves to be so great in helping the poor? Taking money from people, eating up about 70% in gov't waste, overhead, etc, and then giving the remaining 20-30% to the poor. How generous of those boys in Wash.

Meh, gov't has been great at facilitating the black male out of parental responsibility.

Please tell us the conservative position on the poor, then.

You first, I want to correct your false information.
Sorry. You're the one who told jscott "Conservative ideas have NOTHING to do with not helping the poor. You're confusing real conservatism with Corporatism."

It's your claim. It's up to you to defend it.

Just to be clear, here is my question again: Please tell us the conservative position on the poor.

I'd also be interested in hearing your view of the corporatist position on the poor.

Since it's still early and I'm still in a generous mood, I'll help....

My expectation is that you will say that the conservative position is basically that it would be nice to help the poor but a democratic society has no right to raise revenues to help people - because that would somehow violate freedom. So all help to the poor should be through charities (charities that don't earn write-offs, of course) or direct personal giving (that can't be deducted, of course), and that if that doesn't get the job done, it's the poor folks' fault for being poor and they deserve whatever fate they encounter.

Which is not actually a conservative position, of course, but more a mean-spirited pseudo-libertarian position. But I throw it out for you as a foil to react against in order to defend your position. You're welcome.

Sorry. You're the one who told jscott "Conservative ideas have NOTHING to do with not helping the poor. You're confusing real conservatism with Corporatism."

Just to be clear, here is my question again: Please tell us the conservative position on the poor.

I'd also be interested in hearing your view of the corporatist position on the poor.

My expectation is that you will say that the conservative position is basically that it would be nice to help the poor but a democratic society has no right to raise revenues to help people - because that would somehow violate freedom. So all help to the poor should be through charities (charities that don't earn write-offs, of course) or direct personal giving (that can't be deducted, of course), and that if that doesn't get the job done, it's the poor folks' fault for being poor and they deserve whatever fate they encounter.

Which is not actually a conservative position, of course, but more a mean-spirited pseudo-libertarian position. But I throw it out for you as a foil to react against in order to defend your position. You're welcome.
I've fiscally conservative and I like poor people and help them often. So there's that. I give to charities from every single paycheck, I've helped in food drives, helped build homes in South America for homeless children etc. Donated food, toys, and clothes to children, etc.
Tell me what you've done.

I've fiscally conservative and I like poor people and help them often. So there's that. I give to charities from every single paycheck, I've helped in food drives, helped build homes in South America for homeless children etc. Donated food, toys, and clothes to children, etc.
Tell me what you've done.

Were all of these things done by the real you, or did this happen in the imaginary life of Aegon?

Were all of these things done by the real you, or did this happen in the imaginary life of Aegon?
These all actually happened, and some are still happening. Hawktimus Prime is kind, you will find that I am kind.

These all actually happened, and some are still happening. Hawktimus Prime is kind, you will find that I am kind.

DQPcSxC.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT