ADVERTISEMENT

Positive swarm 2020 chatter

He doesnt know our fanbase.

You seem to lean towards having an axe to grind with the program. Your right to do so. I think this fan base is much more accepting than you think. Part of even negativity at times comes from deep seeded passion for the program, coaches and players. We want them all to succeed and win & lose together. This program is the professional team of Iowa. We care what players do long after they leave and still cheer for them. It hurts more when some feel disenfranchised or wronged even though nothing is ever prefect.

There is a great opportunity to partner with past players to build something even better and show the world how strong we are. That’s an exciting partnership as long all involved are invested and we share the deep rooted core values of hard work, toughness, grit, perseverance and class. I’m much more optimistic today than yesterday.

You seem to lean towards having an axe to grind with the program. Your right to do so. I think this fan base is much more accepting than you think. Part of even negativity at times comes from deep seeded passion for the program, coaches and players. We want them all to succeed and win & lose together. This program is the professional team of Iowa. We care what players do long after they leave and still cheer for them. It hurts more when some feel disenfranchised or wronged even though nothing is ever prefect.

There is a great opportunity to partner with past players to build something even better and show the world how strong we are. That’s an exciting partnership as long all involved are invested and we share the deep rooted core values of hard work, toughness, grit, perseverance and class. I’m much more optimistic today than yesterday.

More with the fan base

I’m much more optimistic today than yesterday.

Me too. I don’t feel great, but a lot better than yesterday. There is much work to do. There are hearts and minds (including mine) to be changed. But, I believe in humanity, the general goodness of Iowans and that Kirk Ferentz and the University of Iowa will be sincere and diligent in efforts to change and improve the culture of the program.

Me too. I don’t feel great, but a lot better than yesterday. There is much work to do. There are hearts and minds (including mine) to be changed. But, I believe in humanity, the general goodness of Iowans and that Kirk Ferentz and the University of Iowa will be sincere and diligent in efforts to change and improve the culture of the program.
I couldn't have said it better. My feelings exactly. It may hurt football/Iowa now... But this isn't about Iowa Football. It's about fixing human injustice.

Again I ask, why is it so hard to treat others as you would like to be treated and to live and let live? That's all we have to do, but for thousands of years humans have found those concepts more challenging than landing a person on the moon or curing dozens of deadly diseases.

There used to be a public service announcement that ran regularly on TV. It panned a cemetery in silence, and then the narrator simply said: "We're all equal here."

We're all born, we all want a decent life, and then we die. So just be nice. After all, we're all equal at the end.

This shit is actually encouraging. Football teams can get tighter when adversity strikes, I like the response so far

I don't want to make this all about football and the performance on the field.... But I've thought the same thing. A rallying cry for players and coaches to come TOGETHER and improve in ALL aspect

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I have a feeling Higgins is going to be a stud. Under the radar guy with a chip on his shoulder. He and the rest of the 2020 class seem like the perfect group to be leaders of change. I believe in our Hawkeye players and coaches to come together and make the improvements that are needed. I'm behind them 100%

You’re despicable. I’m completely embarrassed that you claim to be an Iowa alumnus, which I doubt. You didn’t learn shit while here apparently. If you cared about the football program or the university you’d get the hell off these boards and quit being an agent provacateur.

I bet I spent more time in Schafer Hall than you. I remember well the puke in the stairwells at Burge that would stay all weekend until Monday morning or listening to Holstein talk about Yu-how-wa-ha. Or the discourses on Pliny the Elder from Sydney V. James. Memories....like the corner of my mind..

You don't seem to get it dude. Keep throwing the negative vibes out there when most wanna heal, learn and move on.

I just think you are all full of shit and the entirety of human existence demonstrates that. Have no faith in man unkind.

At this point I would support dropping football like the U of Chicago did and go all in on academics.

I have been to somewhere North of 200 games. I dont want to think on Saturdays.

I bet I spent more time in Schafer Hall than you. I remember well the puke in the stairwells at Burge that would stay all weekend until Monday morning or listening to Holstein talk about Yu-how-wa-ha. Or the discourses on Pliny the Elder from Sydney V. James. Memories....like the corner of my mind..

Maybe start acting like a supporter for positive change at Iowa then instead of lighting fires everywhere. You’re not helping here at all.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Maybe start acting like a supporter for positive change at Iowa then instead of lighting fires everywhere. You’re not helping here at all.

Some men want to watch the world burn....havent you learned that by now.

This whole thing just turns me off. Its almost like adding Rutgers again.

Last edited:
I just think you are all full of shit and the entirety of human existence demonstrates that. Have no faith in man unkind.

At this point I would support dropping football like the U of Chicago did and go all in on academics.

There's extreme. Then theres radical. You appear to be the latter. Good luck going forward.

Yes...coursing through my fingertips...

Peace!!!!!.....through Power...

351472-kane2.jpg

I don't want to come off as the Jello Sheriff here but... I see you have almost 3800 post (man, that's a lot) and I'm somewhat of the new old guy on the block but what I think I've seen is mostly very negative post from you. If I'm off base I'm might be sorry, sort of. ls it just to get under people's skin or has the Vid, economy, or no baseball got you down? I'll hang up and listen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT