ADVERTISEMENT

Praise the Lord for States Rights

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003

Tenth Amendment​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Praise the Lord for the Federalist approach of the Founding Fathers that the Federal Gov gets its powers from the States.

The people of Ohio have spoke.

Get the fricking gov out of the bedroom.

States rights baby!

Right. So all the doom and gloom was just over the top drama.
I think D's were genuinely outraged over the decision.

I think the D power brokers running the party were salivating over it....

I think R party leaders were like "Oh shit" privately.

Abortion was just an issue you could pontificate on for the R's before Dobbs because they had Roe to hide behind. Now that it's thrown to the states they have to actually win with it being a major issue and they're getting their asses handed to them....

Seems like the GOP has really learned their lesson. It’s a state’s right issue, until they disagree with the people of the state.

Certainly hope they continue to go down this path.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
I have always argued abortion was a state issue. Do I agree with abortion no, but this never should have been a federal issue. I've said on this site many times, if Roe v Wade had never been decided the way it was, abortion would not be an issue today and sometime in the future, it won't be. The dust will settle, citizens will decide on a livable place to land in each state, and hopefully it will no longer be a political football but the moral question it should be.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I think D's were genuinely outraged over the decision.

I think the D power brokers running the party were salivating over it....

I think R party leaders were like "Oh shit" privately.

Abortion was just an issue you could pontificate on for the R's before Dobbs because they had Roe to hide behind. Now that it's thrown to the states they have to actually win with it being a major issue and they're getting their asses handed to them....
I think any R would state it being a state issue over a federal issue. There will still be states that support life. With Roe gone, they won’t be forced by some over handed govt that doesn’t actually speak for them.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Ironically the Dobbs decision is going to turn a lot of state legislatures towards the blue.

In private R's probably wish Roe was still in place....
Both parties used abortion as a political football. For decades, neither was willing to codify it one way or the other because it was a great campaign tool. By punting to the States, Republicans took it out of play. It was an issue that they were never going to win long term.

Right. So all the doom and gloom was just over the top drama.

No, obviously the voters saw the "gloom and doom" associated with the abortion overreach and put a stop to it. You see when something doesn't happen, we don't see what the potential fallout could have been.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
So all the D doom and gloom lamenting was just posturing I guess.
Well, except For women who don’t have access to travel and live in red states. How about their doom and gloom when they want an abortion? When they are raped? When they have a complication that threatens their health? How about that doom and gloom? Those are the women most Democrats have been speaking of.

I have always argued abortion was a state issue.
Another con who thinks people should have different rights in different states.

Are they really rights if they don't apply equally?

What other rights should we throw back to the states?

I bet there are some states that would quickly follow in Iran's footsteps and declare themselves the Christian State of Mississippi, or whatever. Complete with a Christian version of Sharia law, and Morality Police.

Not at all, it proves it. State wide elections are won by democrats while ones with lines drawn to minimize the democrats are not.
You didn't seem to get what I was responding to, and that's Dems winning elections. Think about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I have always argued abortion was a state issue. Do I agree with abortion no, but this never should have been a federal issue. I've said on this site many times, if Roe v Wade had never been decided the way it was, abortion would not be an issue today and sometime in the future, it won't be. The dust will settle, citizens will decide on a livable place to land in each state, and hopefully it will no longer be a political football but the moral question it should be.
Or how about govt (federal and state) get out of the way and let it be a personal decision between the mother/family and their care provider?

You small government wonks sure do love yourself some big government in the form of the state.

Both parties used abortion as a political football. For decades, neither was willing to codify it one way or the other because it was a great campaign tool. By punting to the States, Republicans took it out of play. It was an issue that they were never going to win long term.
Punting it to the states actually put it in play IMO.,,,,at least until the states get sorted out.

Gaslighting. Over 55% percent of abortions are initiated by repeat offenders. A lifestyle choice, plain and simple.

However the majority that have utilized more than one abortive procedure became pregnant while using a highly effective hormonal contraceptive. So it’s not like they
are making lazy, irresponsible life choices along the way like you’re insinuating.

Or how about govt (federal and state) get out of the way and let it be a personal decision between the mother/family and their care provider?

You small government wonks sure do love yourself some big government in the form of the state.
People institute governments to protect life, liberty and property.

There is a lack of consensus in our society regarding the right to life of the unborn.

The vagina is the modern Mason-Dixon Line. On one side, you’re a human, on the other you're property to be disposed of at an owner’s whim.
Nothing about the individual need change save for their location for them to be regarded differently by some.

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
However the majority that have utilized more than one abortive procedure became pregnant while using a highly effective hormonal contraceptive. So it’s not like they
are making lazy, irresponsible life choices along the way like you’re insinuating.
I find that extremely hard to believe…

Tenth Amendment​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Praise the Lord for the Federalist approach of the Founding Fathers that the Federal Gov gets its powers from the States.

The people of Ohio have spoke.

Get the fricking gov out of the bedroom.

States rights baby!
Thank God for state rights. Learned how important a good governor was during covid and keeping business/schools open.

Yeah. That’s a lot of abortions
Not nearly enough.

I maintain that not only should abortion be legal, it should be government-funded. The people that get abortions are usually the ones who shouldn't be having kids. We pay for most of them one way or the other - might as well catch it on the front-end.

Reactions: IACub
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT