ADVERTISEMENT

Pre workout supplements

Brok85

HB All-State
Dec 11, 2011
I’ve tried several and these products are definitely hit or miss. PEscience Prolific workout was my choice for a while but doesn’t seem to be working as well lately. Wouldn‘t be surprised if there was some cost cutting.

Side note: Is there some age cutoff to be called ”bro”? I hear the supplement store workers call their customers bro every single time. At best, they call me man, like “thanks man”.

By "working well," I assume you mean "energy"? That's simply the caffeine.

I would look for something that has creatine, beta alanine and citrulline (malate) in sufficient doses.

I like anything with 6mg of citrulline in it, add glycerol and betaine and you’ve gota winner. Kilolabs makes a great product. I’ll send a link when I’m done driving. I went through a non stim phases and just used super fruits and greens as pre workout. I still got great pumps. Here’s the catch, they don’t change results that much.

any benefit to drinking it just for funsies?

I have done some research on some of this. Always find some research and opinions that make it look like a waste of money.

Carbs before long endurance workouts like running and biking seems to be universally accepted as having benefits. Some pro cyclist now consume 200 grams per hour during a race. That is about 3 full size snickers candy bars every hour or 7 bananas every hour.

I get the feeling must supplements that are trendy are little more than sugar and caffeine.

Hey, I get what you mean about the ups and downs with workout supplements. It can be frustrating when a favorite product seems to lose its punch over time. As for the "bro" thing, it's funny how that's become such a staple lingo at supplement stores. Personally, I've noticed it too—being called "man" seems to be the safer bet these days!Speaking of supplements, I've been checking out options like SARMs in Mexico at https://suplementosfuriozo.com/. Always good to explore different products and find what clicks best with your fitness goals.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT