ADVERTISEMENT

Preakness horse euthanized

Am I not understanding the article? This was an undercard race but also says the horse was scheduled to run in the Preakness

"It leaves just seven horses in the race, including another Baffert entry, National Treasure."

7fecd950bad1ed17cb24019e44d15b90--the-far-side.jpg

Am I not understanding the article? This was an undercard race but also says the horse was scheduled to run in the Preakness

"It leaves just seven horses in the race, including another Baffert entry, National Treasure."

I think they’re were seven racing before today. I think they’re misspoken on the horse racing double dooty

Jesus, this article is full of mistakes

One of the horses scheduled to run in today’s Preakness States, the Bob Baffert-trained Havnameltdown,

Keep in mind, horse racing or not, horses will continue to exist and they'll break their legs and thus will continue be euthanized.

My daughter had been around horses growing up via therapeutic riding programs (which I cannot say enough good about). (I now own a four legged lawn ornament). Wanted to be a vet. Went to undergrad with a solid animal science/prevetvtrack and got an internship in Lexington ky. That summer was her first experience with the industrial aspects of horse breeding, where the horses were not an extension of the family and instead were just a chattel. That was the end of the vet school track.

🤷‍♂️

That response makes no sense.

So, if betting on the ponies is outlawed, will people still ride them recreationally? If so, they'll continue to have injuries and deaths.

The REAL result of outlawing horse racing will mean fewer horses because you remove a major motivation to breed horses.

Do you think anyone is breeding greyhounds anymore?

So, if betting on the ponies is outlawed, will people still ride them recreationally? If so, they'll continue to have injuries and deaths.

The REAL result of outlawing horse racing will mean fewer horses because you remove a major motivation to breed horses.

Do you think anyone is breeding greyhounds anymore?
So is everything all or nothing with you?

Hundreds of horses break down and are euthanized every year, and tens of thousands of unwanted racehorses are exported for slaughter. So yeah, I’d say doing away with horse racing would result in fewer horses dying unnecessarily, even if recreational or working horses still die (like every living thing).

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT