ADVERTISEMENT

Predict Big Ten Finish

HaydenHawk8

HR Heisman
Nov 14, 2010
So far each team has played a game or two. I have watched most of the teams at least once and I know its hard to gauge talent and what each team has because of the opponents. But here is my guess. Mainly these teams are ranked on where I have witnessed them play so far. Also I put some teams lower than most people because I think there will be some struggles for certain teams. Pretty much its a 3 team race for title (MSU, Minny, and Purdue). Everyone else is playing for 4-7 spots.

1. Michigan State- This team is loaded, no weaknesses.
2. Minnesota- Little Pitino's best team. Got the guards and size to be good
3. Purdue- Solid team, Haas going to be a force for them
4. Maryland- Solid team, no star power but overall athletic
5. Northwestern- Collins got a veteran group, McIntosh will be key
6. Michigan- Bilien always seems to find some players and will be a tough team
7. Iowa- I think our youth will be good and bad at times. No depth at guard could hurt
8. Penn State- Chambers best team and could be a sleeper NCAA team
9. Illinois- Underwood has the talent around him, could be a sneaky good team
10. Wiscosin- Outside of Happ, don't know much about this group.
11. Ohio State- new coach, new system could have some troubles this year
12. Nebraska- Got a couple of transfers could see them in (7-12 range)
13. Indiana- Not a good team and struggled already
14. Rutgers- Dumpster fire of a program, they will battle IU for bottom of league.

I think the cut line for NCAA is between spots 6-7. I think the Big Ten will get 6 or 7 teams in and that's it. Need to take care of business in the non-conf as a league to get more teams in.

I think this is a reasonably conservative estimate of where Iowa could end up.
My more optimistic leanings could see them making it as high as 4th if the breaks fall the right way. Barring catastrophic personnel losses, I don't think they would fall further than 10th. I think you have wiscy too low. scUM and maryland maybe a little high.
I can see a brawl for the 4 through 9 spots.

I appreciate the thread..but way too early into the season...especially for a team such as Iowa. A 2-0 start would be great..I also like that we play both Purdue & MichSt at home.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I hope you are right! I am just praying our guard play can be up to par. I think we have the big men to be up towards the top, but our guard play is thin. Any injury and we'd be screwed.
Agree.
The one absolutely devastating loss would be Bohannon. Moss being out would hurt tremendously and likely cost multiple potential wins.

Wisconsin 4th until it's proven the streak can be broken.. id give you 20 bucks op if they finish below 5th..

1. Michigan State- These guys are just plain good and will be on top at the end.
2. Purdue- Very good, solid team even without Biggie.
3. Minnesota- Top 5 are very good, not much depth.
4. Wisconsin- I will put them here until they don't belong.
4. Northwestern- Good first 5, weak bench.
6. Iowa- Very deep, talented front court but guard play will decide where we finish.
7. Michigan- Not vintage Michigan but Belien can coach.
8. Maryland- They may finish higher than this.
9. Penn State- Should be much improved but still Penn State.
10. Indiana- They will have a tough year.
11. Illinois- new coach, new system could have some troubles this year
12. OSU- A year or 2 away from doing much damage.
13. Nebraska- Not a good team, period.
14. Rutgers- Dumpster fire.

Reactions: nagemj02
1. MSU
2. Purdue
3. Minn
3. NW
5. Iowa
5. Mich
5. Wisc
8. Mary
9. OSU
10. Illini
11. PSU
11. Indy
13. Nebraska
14. Rutgers

There are always a few ties every year.

I feel it is a crap shoot. We could be any where from 3-8 depending on how we develop.
I feel we need our free throw shooting to improve or we could be NIT bound.
I like our team and look forward to seeing how the coaches can bring this team along.

Agree.
The one absolutely devastating loss would be Bohannon. Moss being out would hurt tremendously and likely cost multiple potential wins.

Agreed but after watching Northwestern if they lost McIntosh or possibly Law they could finish 10-14th

I have a hard time not believing that Wiscy will not finish in the top 4. They always seem to have players that step in and fill where needed.

Concerned about Baer and Connor being out, and wonder if JBo is 100%. If that doesn't get cured in the next couple of weeks, Hawks will be more likely to finish 8th than 4th.

Top 3 are MSU, Purdue and Minny. Bottom 5 are Illannoy, IU, OSU, Nebby and Rutgers. I can't predict the middle yet.

Iowa is the second best team in the league. An upset here and there and they very well might finish first.

My conservative pick is 3d behind MSU and Purdue. ... and Wisconsin will not finish in the top 4.

Reactions: lovedwatchingLester
I think Maryland will finish 4,5 or 6th. They are better than Wisconsin, Michigan and maybe Northwestern and Iowa. I think Turgeon can coach.

Iowa gets huge break on the schedule and will finish top 3.
MSU is loaded, Purdue has everybody back, but Swanigan.
Northwestern has a nice starting 5, but no bench.
Mnnesota looks good and should be in top 4.
Wisky your streak is over, we will roll them in IC.
Everybody else who cares not worth even mentioning.

I think Maryland will finish 4,5 or 6th. They are better than Wisconsin, Michigan and maybe Northwestern and Iowa. I think Turgeon can coach.
if Maryland is better than Iowa then how did Iowa beat then on their home court with Melo,
strange they lose Melo and yet they will be better and Iowa loses Jok and they are going to be worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT