ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the Iowa lineup for the ISU dual.

How about another prediction...If Iowa wins, who cries more, DSJ or Metcalf?
Or...the Carew clan?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
“If,” Iowa wins, Mitch? You’re scaring me.
Iowa, right now, isn't good enough to win every dual with 3-4 starters out.

In years past, a team full of Iowa's backups could have finished top 15 at Nattys. Too many kids today won't wait their chance, ala Jesse Whitmer, to be starters. They go to schools like ISU to start right now.

That said, every dual in Carver seems to result in some unexpected Hawkeye upset win.

I think the better question is how many Iowa wrestlers will have their bank records posted online by triggered ISU wrestling fans after it's over.

Reactions: HerkyFan
They haven’t really been “experimenting.” They’ve generally put the best team on the mat they have been comfortable with given the health of the starters.

My guess is you’re right other than 125. I don’t think Lee is ready to test the knees yet. Thinking that will come after Christmas. Total guess.
Is Teske injured or is Schriever being given an opportunity to attempt to earn the spot?

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
I agree. It appears to me in the few days between Cal Baptist and the trip out to Army and Arm Bar at the Armory, Teske managed to get dinged up.
He could have got injured in the match you mentioned.

mannn fing injury’s……. we seem to have a little more than our share sometimes but again we have some stud backups so this could be a pretty pretty entertaining dual

Reactions: el dub
This has been an ongoing problem for some time. We seem to have too many injuries, especially between meets, to chalk it up to bad luck.
One thing that people don’t factor in is the injuries that may occur to Iowa wrestlers due to excessive cheap shots from “Iowa-hating” opponents. It sounds crazy and paranoid, but I literally semi-recently (as in within the past year) saw a Hawkeye injured at an event due to a blatant cheap-shot from an opponent who came out there with a bit more of a chip on his shoulder in that match compared to others he wrestled that weekend. Take that combined with the fact that this kid’s fans were seething at the mouth with crazy, unabashed Iowa-hate for the entirety of the match made we wonder afterwards if this kid would have tried taking a non-Hawkeye wrestler’s limb out of his socket in the same manner as he did in this match. I seriously doubt it. And the Hawkeye was legit hurt after the match.

Like I said, I know it sounds like a reach, but I know that it has happened at a minimum of one time before.

Reactions: GoHawks1996
I was away from college wrestling for quite awhile.
I'm sure there has been a lot I've missed the last 10 or so years.
So what exactly is it that the current State coaching staff has against the Iowa program?
It seems like there is quite a bit of animosity considering the State staff are ex-hawks.

what exactly is it that the current State coaching staff has against the Iowa program?
It seems like there is quite a bit of animosity considering the State staff are ex-hawks.
I heard that during their recruitment DSJ and Metcalf weren't promised the Iowa head coaching position (post Brands retirement) that was offered to Spencer.

But seriously, it seems Coach Dresser didn't like that Iowa purportedly avoided wrestling VT in the old National Duals pairings (before he arrived at ISU)... although Coach Brands may have his reasons that include how the VT5 were treated and not given a release when he left VT for Iowa and the VT5 followed.

But even more seriously, who knows, but it probably has something to do with what different people think loyalty and integrity really mean.

Reactions: mcpat
This week we got a upgrade by adding Nelson Brands. Not sure why we have not seen Teske since the first dual. Do we know for sure if he beat Schriever? Tom said we need to put a better lineup on theat for ISU.

Here is guess.

125: Spencer Lee
133: Brody Teske
141: Real Woods
149: Max Murin
157: Cobe Siebrecht
165: Patrick Kennedy
174: Nelson Brands
184: Abe Assad
197: Jacob Warner
285: Tony Cassioppi

Brands acknowledges we need a better team out there then this past week, so I don't see him experimenting with new guys. I think Siebrecht earned his spot. Now where can we improve? 125, 133, and 141. I have a feeling if they are all close and want to go, we will get our first glimpse of Woods. 133 is the mystery. I will go with Teske here because I have not heard of a injury, and he has the experience.

Lastly 125. How much of a difference will a few weeks make with Spencer? He needs to get his confidence back. Why not send him out now and see what we have, so he know if he needs more rest or work before Penn State. Especially if you say he is day to day and wants to come back. He is a senior. It is his last time against ISU. I think we go all in this meet.
One more time...and believe me I wish I wasn't thinking what I am thinking but I think Spencer may be done.

Iowa's Probable Lineup​

125: Aidan Harris

133: Cullan Schriever

141: #3 Real Woods or Drew Bennett

149: #6 Max Murin

157: #21 Cobe Siebrecht or Caleb Rathjen

165: #15 Patrick Kennedy

174: #20 Nelson Brands

184: #9 Abe Assad

197: #3 Jacob Warner

285: #4 Anthony Cassioppi

One more time...and believe me I wish I wasn't thinking what I am thinking but I think Spencer may be done.

Iowa's Probable Lineup​

how miserable must your life be to root for an all time great to not be able to finish his career due to injury?

how miserable must your life be to root for an all time great to not be able to finish his career due to injury?
This! I was trying to give that guy the benefit of the doubt until he unleashed that ridiculous post. What a fricking idiot for even bringing that up. I try really hard to stay above the fray, but that guy needs to go crawl inside a hole and stay there.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I think they should should scrap the lineups and just send the head coaches out there to wrestle. That could be fun to watch

I root against injuries not for them...
Just the opposite actually. I was the one on our board who took a pasting because I posted this exact same thing about Robbie Howard. I am just a lot more realistic regarding serious injuries in this sport...it's harder to return from injury in this sport than any other sport.

This! I was trying to give that guy the benefit of the doubt until he unleashed that ridiculous post. What a fricking idiot for even bringing that up. I try really hard to stay above the fray, but that guy needs to go crawl inside a hole and stay there.
I posted this EXACT same post on Robbie Howard and got creamed for it on our board. Injuries in wrestling are harder than any other sport. I don't root for guys to wrestle injured. Sorry, I don't.

I posted this EXACT same post on Robbie Howard and got creamed for it on our board. Injuries in wrestling are harder than any other sport. I don't root for guys to wrestle injured. Sorry, I don't.
PSU: I have a great deal of respect for PSU wrestlers, the program and and their fans. And if they're ok with you posting some stupid shit about a PSU wrestler, that's their business. But I politely ask that you keep that shit off here. And I don't think that was your opinion, I think as Grip stated, that it was your attempt to get some attention. And it worked. Please don't be a dick on our board. Thank you.

Iowa's Probable Lineup​

Maybe misremembering but did you call Robbie Howard being done awhile back before anyone reported it? Maybe took a beating for it from PSU fans.

Last edited:
PSU: I have a great deal of respect for PSU wrestlers, the program and and their fans. And if they're ok with you posting some stupid shit about a PSU wrestler, that's their business. But I politely ask that you keep that shit off here. And I don't think that was your opinion, I think as Grip stated, that it was your attempt to get some attention. And it worked. Please don't be a dick on our board. Thank you.
You are way to polite, this guy needs a trip to the bridge and i would be more than happy to meet him there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT