ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: D. Nixon

will be a break-out star this year. (or when they play again) He came with all the tools. but was a little tentative last year although he had some good moments. Now, he will often show dominance. The D-line should be very good.

With losing AJ and Lattimore we need guys like that to step up. Don't forget that Cedric had a good senior year. I expect Logan Lee, Waggoner and Evans to step up. Golston will be the anchor.

I think one impact of the coronavirus that people haven’t mentioned enough is that a lot of development time was missed by teams not having spring practice plus all the time they have missed with S&C. I think if football happens the teams that return the most experience will have an even larger advantage than usual.

My favorite recruit out of that class. I think he’s going to be a monster. Kudos to the Iowa staff sticking with the kid through thick and thin (academics).

Reactions: Harbinger273
We haven’t had a breakout star on the interior in quite a while, since Jaleel. Hopefully we have a couple guys step up this year. Pressure on the interior is so important stopping the run and the pass and could be worth 3-5 wins to us with this schedule.

Reactions: Hawk68
Davion has a good solid year. Not a jump to the NFL kind of year but solid. 2021 will be his big year. He needs another year of maturity, both off and on the field before he is ready for the NFL

I think one impact of the coronavirus that people haven’t mentioned enough is that a lot of development time was missed by teams not having spring practice plus all the time they have missed with S&C. I think if football happens the teams that return the most experience will have an even larger advantage than usual.

Very VERY well said

will be a break-out star this year. (or when they play again) He came with all the tools. but was a little tentative last year although he had some good moments. Now, he will often show dominance. The D-line should be very good.

Iowa State is breaking in 4 new starters this year on the OL. Should be a good game to watch the trenches.

Reactions: pink shizzle
It also helps blue bloods with more plug and play kids. However Doyle made a good point about kf getting hard working kids that hold themselves accountable. hopefully they are working harder than your average 20 year old player is!

The second half of the season, Big Truck was really moving the middle of the line back, forcing the qb out to our de's. He'll be even better this year. I can't wait to see this year's dl and how the newer guys like Waggoner have developed.

The second half of the season, Big Truck was really moving the middle of the line back, forcing the qb out to our de's. He'll be even better this year. I can't wait to see this year's dl and how the newer guys like Waggoner have developed.
This. Even if he doesn't put up big sack numbers, he can really help out the ends with the pass rush by moving them around/out of the pocket.

Reactions: TreyVega
Nixon need to step up as a leader of the defense this season. Van Valkenberg also needs to show out in his final year. Need to be strong on the DL to have a successful year.

Nixon need to step up as a leader of the defense this season. Van Valkenberg also needs to show out in his final year. Need to be strong on the DL to have a successful year.
Somewhat OT, but I remember hearing some buzz about Nathan Nelson but then he had an injury. Any chance anyone knows anything more about how he's coming along?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT