ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction

I’m a whiny crybaby because I don’t agree with you?

Grow up, dude.

Dope smoking fruitcake refers to what someone on this board called me because I don’t think we’ll be better without Moss and Cook.

Please point out where I ever said Iowa would be a “cellar dweller”. Go ahead. You can’t. All I’ve ever said is that I don’t think we’ll be better than last year.

Torvik predicted Iowa fifth last year, fwiw.

You have started threads and talked in other threads in your mocking tone about how anyone that believes Iowa could be better then last year must be “smarter then the experts” and talking down to returning and incoming players in your don’t worry I’m sure these guys will save the day in a snickering, childish way. You are mad that you are accused of calling Iowa a cellar dweller when you didn’t but then start this thread and interject in others making fun of people that think Iowa could be better (and laid out reasons why they think that - who knows at this point if hey will be right or wrong).

You use responses like this - “No worries. Frederick, PMac, and Joe T will confound all computer models.” - which obviously is meant to imply everyone that doesn’t see it your way is dumb.

You mock others for having opinions that aren’t like yours then get defensive and whiny when people call you out about it. So you come off as a hypocrite and crybaby. Plain and simple.

Reactions: HoustonREDHawk
Seems to be a growing consensus that if we are worse next year it is because of the loss of Baer.
If we are better it is because of the loss of Moss and Cook.
Baer has grown in stature after the to epic proportions while Moss and Cook has shrunk. Look for Baer in the NBA next year.

There have been a number of people saying this even during the season, including myself. Baer brought intangibles and hustles that can’t always be replaced. He was a special player that did a lot of things in this team others couldn't or wouldn’t do. The kind of players for those that played sports that you loved playing with. Doesn’t mean he will be an NBA player.

I’m not sure why some of you assume that what happens in college basketball equates to NBA success. They are totally different Gabe’s and styles that value different things.

Can anyone argue how important Valentine was to MSU a few years ago? He barely got any run in the NBA. What about Aaron White?

Some of just feel after watching Moss and Cook that some of the things they did can be replaced and some of the things they didn’t do actually might now get fine and lead to a better “team”.

Are you suggesting every last second shot broke Iowa’s way last season?

For the record, I am expecting a slight decline from last season as far as wins go. I’d guess 19-20 wins and squarely a bubble team. Hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised again next year. Last season was pretty fun.

Very reasonable post. I’m expecting similar record to last year if not a little better team (yes harder schedule) that is more consistent. I’m considered on the “optimistic” group apparently by done because I think this yet I see quite a few people fretting that Iowa is going to be under .500 and not make postseason. I find that way more ridiculous given what is coming back from next year and if just 1 of the 3 new guys can have a positive impact.

Reactions: iahawks10
There have been a number of people saying this even during the season, including myself. Baer brought intangibles and hustles that can’t always be replaced. He was a special player that did a lot of things in this team others couldn't or wouldn’t do. The kind of players for those that played sports that you loved playing with. Doesn’t mean he will be an NBA player.

I’m not sure why some of you assume that what happens in college basketball equates to NBA success. They are totally different Gabe’s and styles that value different things.

Can anyone argue how important Valentine was to MSU a few years ago? He barely got any run in the NBA. What about Aaron White?

Some of just feel after watching Moss and Cook that some of the things they did can be replaced and some of the things they didn’t do actually might now get fine and lead to a better “team”.
Agreed re: Baer in the NBA. Valentine’s not the best example to support your point though. He averaged double digits in ‘17-‘18 before sitting out this last season with an injury. He’ll be back and contributing next year.

Ssshh, facts aren't welcome here. They all think Iowa had the annual February swoon this past year.

Unfortunately Iowa has more late season fades in recent years than not.

There was this year dropping 6 of our last 8. The disaster that was 2018. We lost 6 of 9 towards the end in 2017. We lost 6 of 8 in 2016. We finished strong in 2015. But collapsed mightily in 2014 losing 7 out of our last 8 games....

That is not cherry picking either. Finishing strong once out of the last six years definitely bum me out. :(

Hopefully those days are over!

I love Baer but he was also bad at a lot of things
Bad at a lot of things? He was not a great shooter, not a great ball handler, and not a great one-on-one defender against faster players. But, he made the team better. I just watch and assess, but I suspect that the analytics would bear that out. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT