ADVERTISEMENT

Pride flags - OK! American flags - NOT OK!

Should Public schools be discriminating against the American flag?

• Total voters
Couple things.

I'm a pretty patriotic dude but I find folks flying the flag from their truck on a daily basis a bit much...to put it mildly. (we have a couple in the local area) That said the school has no business telling him he can't fly it from his personal vehicle if that is indeed what happened. I feel the same away about someone flying a pride flag from their vehicle.

The only flag that I'd even consider flying from my vehicle is my Hawkeye flag and only when we're playing for the basketball or football NC....which for the men will probably be never. :(

Here’s a good article about the issue. It’s no Libs of TikTok so doubtful OP has seen it. But others might be interested.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/new...ahoma-lawmakers-letter-to-school/74918325007/
i completely understand why a school just wouldn't want any flags at all

since high school kids are generally assholes, they'll be some that push the boundary of what is "respectful"...or argue that if american flags are allowed, some other flag should be allowed too (free speech and all)

m

since high school kids are generally assholes, they'll be some that push the boundary of what is "respectful"...or argue that if american flags are allowed, some other flag should be allowed too (free speech and all)

School can’t allow the US flag and then not allow other flags.

OP - Where did you see Pride flags are okay but not US flags?

He made that part up.

Thread should be titled "Should public schools be discriminating against flags of all types?"
You would think Oklahoma lawmakers would be all over it if Pride flags were allowed but American flags were banned. But didn’t seem they mentioned it at all.

It would be completely out of character for OP to make stuff up, though.

I can see a decent reason for banning all flags. Some degenerate Seminole fan tearing down the sacred Hawkeye flag, getting their ass kicked and then suing the school. :)

Flag codes states that the flag should not touch anything beneath it nor should it be on display at night without illumination. Looks like he got the right fender part right though.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Flag codes states that the flag should not touch anything beneath it nor should it be on display at night without illumination. Looks like he got the right fender part right though.

Yeah my time from Boy Scouts makes me very skeptical these giant flag guys are not exactly following the rules.

Reactions: BelemNole
Ah, so the issue wasn't that it was an American flag, it's that it was a flag of any kind. So, the student knowingly broke a rule, was told he couldn't do that, and now is crying about "woke" politics making him remove something he was not allowed to have in the first place. What is it again, if you just complied with the rule in the first place none of this would have happened?

But then he wouldn't get the interactions and online sympathy from his distortion of the facts.

I’m shocked OP lied and then abandoned this thread.
He'll come back at some point, act like he proved something big in the thread, and then start a new one.

Then proceed to get ****ing pwned by everyone all over again, rinse and repeat for the rest of the week.

It's a rough life for ol Elon fanboy

Reactions: BelemNole
Ah, so the issue wasn't that it was an American flag, it's that it was a flag of any kind. So, the student knowingly broke a rule, was told he couldn't do that, and now is crying about "woke" politics making him remove something he was not allowed to have in the first place. What is it again, if you just complied with the rule in the first place none of this would have happened?

But then he wouldn't get the interactions and online sympathy from his distortion of the facts.
The American flag should Always be an exception to a no flag rule for obvious reasons.

Couple things.

I'm a pretty patriotic dude but I find folks flying the flag from their truck on a daily basis a bit much...to put it mildly. (we have a couple in the local area) That said the school has no business telling him he can't fly it from his personal vehicle if that is indeed what happened. I feel the same away about someone flying a pride flag from their vehicle.

The only flag that I'd even consider flying from my vehicle is my Hawkeye flag and only when we're playing for the basketball or football NC....which for the men will probably be never. :(
The only problem is if he is parking that car on school property, they have the right to decide what can and cannot park there.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT