ADVERTISEMENT

Pride unity flag in my kid's classroom! So much HBOT fodder...

The only viewpoint she is endorsing is recognizing that there are all different types of people and they should all be respected.

Imagine being OPPOSED to that message, lol.
I used to think that, but then I saw this, and it's not really inclusive at all:

at the end of the day, it's up to the employer

with as easily as so many people can be offended, virtually any symbol for any thing is going to upset someone

(outside of a few specific circumstances, none of which seem to apply here) if the employer wants it to come down, it comes down. if not, it stays up

i guess its up to each parent how much trauma the sight of that flag will induce and whether their children and (really, more importantly) they can withstand it

Reactions: thewop
Right?

I honestly cannot think of a single negative message in that song.
No mention of white straightness, I guess? Then again there's no mention of people in triads or poly relationships, either. Or chubby chasers, short kings, ass worshippers, Pawgs, cos players, burlesque performers, brats, milfs, gilfs, bears, or a bunch of other groups. Shameful Nickelodeon dropped the ball on all these groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: IACub and Tom Paris
According to the gospel, he unconditionally supported all people.

That’s kind of the core message of Christianity.
No, the core message of Jesus is the Gospel: "I am the way and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me."

Christ loved people but that does not mean He supported their choices.

Love =/= Support

John 8 (Jesus speaks to the Pharisees about the Adulterer) - "Go and sin no more."

Cis Gender, Transgender, Non binary and intersex. Who does it leave out?

I have 6 kids, 5 are cisgender, one is Trans. We are a close family that support each other with love and compassion. Some are somewhat conservative, some a a bit liberal. There may be some back and forth on issues, there is absolutely no division on gender identity.

If you start at a place where Gender dysphoria is a real medical issue and not a choice, it would all start to clear up for you.

The question isn't about adults who have gender dysphoria it's about treating children who have gender dysphoria and about if people born male with gender dysphoria can play sports with girls/women.

There are real political issues there.

at the end of the day, it's up to the employer

with as easily as so many people can be offended, virtually any symbol for any thing is going to upset someone

(outside of a few specific circumstances, none of which seem to apply here) if the employer wants it to come down, it comes down. if not, it stays up

i guess its up to each parent how much trauma the sight of that flag will induce and whether their children and (really, more importantly) they can withstand it
I'm kind of landing with you here. In a private school setting, parents can pull the kids out any time they want. It's also the case that parents will have a way bigger issue with it than the kids will. Heck my kid just goes to school, enjoys his friends, does the work he has to and he's fine with whatever. I'm hesitant to even mention anything to him about it because why think about it if he doesn't have to?

I am inclined to voice my opinion to school leadership that it doesn't belong in the classroom, and leave it there. I know some other parents already have. It's not as if I'm going to pull the kids out over it.

Last edited:
I'm kind of landing with. In a private school setting, parents can pull the kids out any time they want. It's also the case that parents will have a way bigger issue with it than the kids will. Heck my kid just goes to school, enjoys his friends, does the work he has to and he's fine with whatever. I'm hesitant to even mention anything to him about it because why think about it if he doesn't have to?

I am inclined to voice my opinion to school leadership that it doesn't belong in the classroom
, and leave it there. I know some other parents already have. It's not as if I'm going to pull the kids out over it.
Pussy

I'm kind of landing with. In a private school setting, parents can pull the kids out any time they want. It's also the case that parents will have a way bigger issue with it than the kids will. Heck my kid just goes to school, enjoys his friends, does the work he has to and he's fine with whatever. I'm hesitant to even mention anything to him about it because why think about it if he doesn't have to?

I am inclined to voice my opinion to school leadership that it doesn't belong in the classroom, and leave it there. I know some other parents already have. It's not as if I'm going to pull the kids out over it.

It's important to remember that inaction can result in indoctrination, and your child won't even realize it.

The question isn't about adults who have gender dysphoria it's about treating children who have gender dysphoria and about if people born male with gender dysphoria can play sports with girls/women.

There are real political issues there.
Healthcare treatment for any medical issue is a medical issue, not a political issue.

Every sporting level has a governing body and should have the ability to set the standards for their level to promote fairness and safety. The NCAA has their own policy for Transgender athletes. Have you ever read them? As with most things in life, there is room for improvement and room to learn.

None of this has anything to do with the flag in the teachers classroom.

He first showed them love, and then asked them to follow him. He was much less tolerant of those who were trying to profit in the Holy Temples. I can only speculate how he would feel about a man who tried to fund a campaign of hate by selling his word.
Aaaannndd there it is...the inevitable pivot to Trump when one's argument is up in flames. It wasn't only the moneychangers in the temple that Jesus had issues with. He had stern words of warning and disapproval for various other groups that were not followers, etc.

The notion that Christ showed unconditional support to all groups, no matter what, is just false on its' face. Yet, He did love them. IMO you are misunderstanding what love actually is and making a faulty blanket statement as a result.

Aaaannndd there it is...the inevitable pivot to Trump when one's argument is up in flames. It wasn't only the moneychangers in the temple that Jesus had issues with. He had stern words of warning and disapproval for various other groups that were not followers, etc.

The notion that Christ showed unconditional support to all groups, no matter what, is just false on its' face. Yet, He did love them. IMO you are misunderstanding what love actually is and making a faulty blanket statement as a result.
The irony of your screed is that this flag is not asking for "support" for anything, just love and tolerance.

You know, like Jesus.

Reactions: Gimmered
That is not accurate. He loved all people, yes, He did support all people though in terms of their behaviors, choices, etc.
Jeus hung out with whores, gamblers, thieves, cripples and other "undesirables" of his time and said they deserved love and tolerance. That is the core message of Christianity. He also said regardless of their sins, if they believed in him, they would be resurrected.

At least that's what I was taught in my Catholic grad school.

Reactions: Gimmered
Indoctrinated into believing everyone regardless of their differences has value and should be respected and treated kindly.

The horror.

You can respect and treat people kindly without a political and sexual themed flag hanging on the wall.

Jeus hung out with whores, gamblers, thieves, cripples and other "undesirables" of his time and said they deserved love and tolerance. That is the core message of Christianity. He also said regardless of their sins, if they believed in him, they would be resurrected.

i'm pretty sure jesus had a very well defined system of "sin tiers"

as long as you were a sin tier 1 or 2, you were good with him

tier 3 could go either way...tiers 4 and 5 - jesus would fight you

(this is my best recollection...been a few years since my confirmation)

• Love
Reactions: IACub and torbee
i'm pretty sure jesus had a very well defined system of "sin tiers"

as long as you were a sin tier 1 or 2, you were good with him

tier 3 could go either way...tiers 4 and 5 - jesus would fight you

(this is my best recollection...been a few years since my confirmation)
You forgot the part where if you have little sin (like the top of tier 1) Jesus will bless you with many millions of dollars so you can buy private jets and stuff.

Otherwise I’m pretty sure you nailed it.

Reactions: torbee

Jesus never tolerated sin as that is antithetical to His holiness and purpose. He was perfect, without sin.

His sacrifice for our sins allows for grace for the individual but does not excuse the sin. The price of sin has been and always will be death.

Reactions: Speedway1
Jesus never tolerated sin as that is antithetical to His holiness and purpose. He was perfect, without sin.

His sacrifice for our sins allows for grace for the individual but does not excuse the sin. The price of sin has been and always will be death.
Who said anything about "excusing sin?"

Jesus loved and tolerated ALL HUMAN BEINGS.

That's it. That's the point.

Back to school night at my kid's school, 7th grade. Private "Christian" School.

My wife attended with my 7th grader, and all the parents met in the English teacher's room, where he'd hung a flag like this one:

progress-pride-flag.jpg

My take is split:
My view against: How does this help the teacher teach 7th grade English better? How is it that I learned English without ever knowing the political or social views of my teachers.
This is unprofessional and inappropriate for the classroom. IMO there's no place for this, or maga flags, etc. In schools. The exception would be if a civics/social studies teacher had multiple flags of all sorts representing many viewpoints as fodder for discussion, etc.

My view for: My kid is going to be exposed to multiple viewpoints forever, and he needs to learn to work together with people of all kinds. Middle School is a reasonable time to start expanding those views understand things from multiple perspectives. This teacher is going to share things from a perspective he won't get at home, yet we'll have a chance to field those questions that arise from whatever influence/indoctrination this teacher tries (BTW the teacher isn't gay/trans/etc. He's a white male in his 40s married with boys the same age as mine. This is just virtue signaling).

What say you HBOT? Should I speak up to the school? Say anything? Or just kind of let it play out? What would YOU do?
My view for: what about the kid who’s gay, or whose friend is gay and comes in for help and suddenly knows this teacher in a Christian school has that kid’s back?

I went to Catholic school from grade school through high school. I’m straight but one of my favorite teachers in high school had a PFLAG sticker on his office door. (This was the 90’s so that was pretty bold at the time.) I immediately knew he was a good dude I could come to with problems that were too big for me.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT