ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Time Will Fail at Colorado

I hope he does well, but not at the expense of Iowa. I have no predictions on how he will do there, I honestly don't know enough about his coaching ability to have an intelligent opinion on that. All I know is he seems to recruit really well and he had a good season in the HBCU league.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I saw his video meeting the CU team, and if I heard right he told them to hit the transfer portal because he was bring in his own guys. Maybe I missed him saying if you don't want to be a part of this or something like that to hit the portal, but If not, I don't think that is the way I would greet my new team. LOL I also heard him say that everyone was basically going to dress the same ect. Isn't that one of the things that got Kirk in trouble with some of his players? I don't have any opinion on Dion, or care whether he is successful in CU or not, but I took great joy heckling him back in his baseball playing days when he played at Sec Taylor Stadium in DSM and I sat behind the visitor bench. LOL
Yes, but Deion is black so he's allowed to say those kinds of things. That's the rules ya know.

Completing 70% of your passes even at the FCS level tells me everything I need to know, but do go on.
Lol. Most qbs with that high of completion percentages throw a lot of short passes that are essentially long handoffs.
And it was the swac.
Neon is so assured of himself he took a crappy position with team that is as likely to fail as succeed rather than wait for a better opportunity.
Texas am is a cautionary tale with a much better coach.

Lol. Most qbs with that high of completion percentages throw a lot of short passes that are essentially long handoffs.
And it was the swac.
Neon is so assured of himself he took a crappy position with team that is as likely to fail as succeed rather than wait for a better opportunity.
On the contrary, it's pretty easy to argue this is a fantastic opportunity. P5. Nowhere to go but up. You're not following a legend or continuing some long tradition of recent winning. That said, traditionally a proud program (was in Pac 12 championship only 6 years ago, national championship 1990). A great home field advantage (when the team is not truly terrible). The money will be there as needed. And a league that doesn't really value defense.

And it was the swac.
Look at iowas ypa and get back to me.

I love how Deion is allowed to say ain't gonna be no hats in no meetings, ain't gonna be no earrings, ain't gonna be no hoodies, everyone gonna look the same.

Isn't this suppression of the blacks need to express themselves? White culture, lol?
When I heard that I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

A black coach says this and is praised, white coach at Iowa says this and is lambasted.

Ridiculous.

If he can truly create a culture of work and discipline with the talent he will bring in, God help us all if he ends up at Texas someday.

Reactions: amahawk
I will leave this here for you to peruse, when and if you can read it, feel free to get back to me.
Incarnate Word actually participates in FCS playoffs though. JSU apparently won’t accept an at large, so we can’t really see them against the top FCS schools. Little better measuring stick.

Either way though, Prime’s son was a 4 star recruit, so he can definitely ball. But it’s definitely a big step up in terms of overall talent on the field.

I love how Deion is allowed to say ain't gonna be no hats in no meetings, ain't gonna be no earrings, ain't gonna be no hoodies, everyone gonna look the same.

Isn't this suppression of the blacks need to express themselves? White culture, lol?
Lol. That thinking is what got Ferentz a lawsuit. ****ed up times we're in.

Deion is the prefect storm to be a great coach. Cred, player relations, recruiting.
I think he turns them around quickly.
Then again, I thought Frosty was going to be great at Nebby. 🤣

I'm watching this clown show unfold at Colorado and can't help but laugh. Deion Sanders is taking over a 1-11 program, casts aside the entire roster, and goes to the recruiting rankings to start handing out scholarship offers to every top player, committed or not, at every position.

While the guy never lacked confidence, he's walking into a Power 5 program and already burning bridges. He's instantly telling his own team that his son will be the starting QB and that there will be no competition. Not unlike a Ferentz nepotism situation where he hired Brian as OC without interviewing a single other candidate.

Granted, Deion's kid had success (passed for 3,400 yards this year against the likes of Alabama...A&M). But he did so at a much lower level against much lower competition. Regardless, is that the message you want to send to your own team? At least fake it that merit, hard work, and competition matter (i.e. like what Kirk told Padilla after last season).

I think back to just a few months ago. Deion was the self-proclaimed ambassador of historically black colleges. He was going to put them on the map as a major football power. He was convincing top recruits to forego big schools and attend his DII school, not for his own personal gain, but to make a difference for the black community and give them something to be proud of. Those kids took a chance on him, passed up going to Notre Dame or Stanford for the likes of Jackson State, and a year later he's abandoned them (or bringing the best ones with him to rebuild a 1-11 school). What's he going to sell kids considering Colorado? That he plans to stick around only until he can climb the ladder and end up at a big Florida school?
At least he's honest, no qb competion instead of the Faux one Kirk proclaims to have.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Bet he wins the PAC 12 in the first 3 years
I like Prime, he speaks from the heart. He’s a great role model, doesn’t use foul language, doesn’t drink, never touched drugs. What a great role model for young adults. I would have no issues letting my child play for Prime!

He is self promoting and loves the lime light, but he backs it up and has earned the right.

I bet his offense puts up better numbers than BF run offense next year. He expects results, listen to his speech he gave to the CU players at the players only meeting. What are you suppose to tell a group that just finished 1-11

Last edited:
He was trying to light a fire under those kid's asses, who are in desperate need of it, their scholarship isn't guaranteed and he was making it clear to anyone who's thinking of jumping in the portal from other schools, he's open for business. That's why he filmed it.

His son is definitely FBS caliber, especially at Colorado, seemed like a lot of people missed the earning it part.

I don't think Colorado can get any worse off and for Coach Prime it's a pretty safe first FBS gig especially after USC and UCLA leave the PAC-12. Either way it'll be entertaining and I'm rooting for him.

If some of you would have watched Colorado play, you would have told current roster to move on. Like Fenske did. Again

The vast majority are not P5 players. Like Fenske

I'm watching this clown show unfold at Colorado and can't help but laugh. Deion Sanders is taking over a 1-11 program, casts aside the entire roster, and goes to the recruiting rankings to start handing out scholarship offers to every top player, committed or not, at every position.

While the guy never lacked confidence, he's walking into a Power 5 program and already burning bridges. He's instantly telling his own team that his son will be the starting QB and that there will be no competition. Not unlike a Ferentz nepotism situation where he hired Brian as OC without interviewing a single other candidate.

Granted, Deion's kid had success (passed for 3,400 yards this year against the likes of Alabama...A&M). But he did so at a much lower level against much lower competition. Regardless, is that the message you want to send to your own team? At least fake it that merit, hard work, and competition matter (i.e. like what Kirk told Padilla after last season).

I think back to just a few months ago. Deion was the self-proclaimed ambassador of historically black colleges. He was going to put them on the map as a major football power. He was convincing top recruits to forego big schools and attend his DII school, not for his own personal gain, but to make a difference for the black community and give them something to be proud of. Those kids took a chance on him, passed up going to Notre Dame or Stanford for the likes of Jackson State, and a year later he's abandoned them (or bringing the best ones with him to rebuild a 1-11 school). What's he going to sell kids considering Colorado? That he plans to stick around only until he can climb the ladder and end up at a big Florida school?
Once again Brian was not a nepotism hire. Maybe Nepotism has kept him from being fired or demoted but he certainly had earned his promotion anyone suggesting otherwise is being dishonest with history.

Incarnate Word actually participates in FCS playoffs though. JSU apparently won’t accept an at large, so we can’t really see them against the top FCS schools. Little better measuring stick.

Either way though, Prime’s son was a 4 star recruit, so he can definitely ball. But it’s definitely a big step up in terms of overall talent on the field.

LOL.

I listened to the entire presentation he made to the team. he Let it be clearly known that changes are coming and if you are ready and willing to accept those changes OK, if not, hit the road. I doubt this is any different than what any successful major college coach tells a team he is inheriting.

My God this thread reminds me of the first Frosty threads and the situation is almost identical with the exception that Frost wasn't coming from an FCS school.

The point that his son was a heisman candidate this season tells me that you honestly don't know anything about this situaiton.
LOL, what? Do you know how bad the SWAC is? How bad the competition level that kid was playing against? Think Drake level. That's where the SWAC is on the FCS pecking order, the very freaking bottom.

LOL, what? Do you know how bad the SWAC is? How bad the competition level that kid was playing against? Think Drake level. That's where the SWAC is on the FCS pecking order, the very freaking bottom.
Don't worry, my statements will be here for when the 4* qb that completed 70% of his passes at that level will be for next year with Colorado. Feel free to remind me in a year.

Deion is the prefect storm to be a great coach. Cred, player relations, recruiting.
I think he turns them around quickly.
Then again, I thought Frosty was going to be great at Nebby. 🤣
I'm with you other than the Frost hire. Sanders is a genuinely good person, and if all he does is manage the program and let his assistants run things, I think Colorado is a quick turnaround. Maybe your comparison will be Riley to USC?

Might be tough for Sanders to relate there. Prime's rollin in with blunts and the players are like, "but coach, edibles is where it's at."

• Haha
When I heard that I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

A black coach says this and is praised, white coach at Iowa says this and is lambasted.

Ridiculous.
Can only help the frivolous lawsuits against Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT