ADVERTISEMENT

Project 2025

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
I encourage everyone to read about this to see what those assholes will try to do should Trump be elected this fall:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Project 2025
The development of the plan is led by the The Heritage Foundation, an American conservative think tank, in collaboration with over 100 partners including Turning Point USA led by Charlie Kirk; the Conservative Partnership Institute including former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows as senior partner; the Center for Renewing America led by former Trump-appointee Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought; and America First Legal led by former Trump Senior Advisor Stephen Miller.[7][8]
Project 2025 envisions widespread changes across the entire government, particularly with regard to economic and social policy and the role of the federal government and federal agencies. The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.[9] Citing an anonymous source, The Washington Post reported Project 2025 includes immediately invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807 to deploy the military for domestic law enforcement and directing the DOJ to pursue Trump adversaries.[10] Project Director Paul Dans, a former Trump administration official, said in September 2023 that Project 2025 is "systematically preparing to march into office and bring a new army, aligned, trained, and essentially weaponized conservatives ready to do battle against the deep state."[11]
Project 2025 consists largely of a book of policy recommendations titled Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise and an accompanying personnel database open for submissions. There is also an online course called the Presidential Administration Academy, and a guide to developing transition plans. Reactions to the plan included variously describing it as authoritarian, an attempt by Trump to become a dictator, and a path leading the United States towards autocracy, with several experts in law criticizing it for violating current constitutional laws that would undermine the rule of law and the separation of powers.[9] Additionally, some conservatives and Republicans also criticized the plan, for example in relation to climate change.[12] The Mandate states that "freedom is defined by God, not man."[13]

Much more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Overview​

Project 2025 is "undeniably a Trump-driven operation".
In the Mandate's foreword, the Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts writes: "The long march of cultural Marxism through our institutions has come to pass. The federal government is a behemoth, weaponized against American citizens and conservative values, with freedom and liberty under siege as never before."[22] Project 2025's director is Paul Dans, who served as chief of staff at the Office of Personnel Management during the Trump administration. Spencer Chretien, a former special assistant to Trump, serves as associate director.[23] Dans, also an editor of the project's guiding document, explains that Project 2025 is "built on four pillars": Pillar I, a 30-chapter, 920-page book called Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise, which presents "a consensus view of how major federal agencies must be governed"; Pillar II, a personnel database to "be collated and shared with the President-elect's team", open to the public for submissions; Pillar III, an "online educational system" called the Presidential Administration Academy; and Pillar IV, a "playbook" designed for "forming agency teams and drafting transition plans to move out upon the President's utterance of 'so help me God.'"[24] In November 2023, Trump made a similar proposal to create a federally funded "American Academy" that would deliver online courses and grant free degrees that excluded "wokeness or jihadism". The plan would also be funded by taxing the endowments of major universities which he asserted were "turning our students into communists and terrorists and sympathizers of many, many different dimensions."[25]

Axios reported that while Heritage had briefed other 2024 Republican presidential primaries candidates on the project, it is "undeniably a Trump-driven operation", pointing to the involvement of Trump's "most fervent internal loyalty enforcer" Johnny McEntee as a senior advisor to the project. The 2024 Trump campaign said no outside group speaks for the former president, referring to its "Agenda47"[26] as the only official plan for a second Trump presidency.[8] Two top Trump campaign officials later issued a statement seeking to distance the campaign from what unspecified outside groups were planning, although many of those plans reflected Trump's own words. The New York Times reported the statement "noticeably stopped short of disavowing the groups and seemed merely intended to discourage them from speaking to the press".[27] The two officials released a similar memo days later, after Axios reported Trump intended to staff a new administration with "full, proud MAGA warriors, anti-GOP establishment zealots, and eager and willing to test the boundaries of executive power to get Trump's way", which would include targeting and jailing critics in government and media.[28] Axios also reported on people being considered for senior positions in a second presidency, which included Kash Patel, Steve Bannon, and Mike Davis, a former aide to senator Chuck Grassley who has promised a "three-week reign of terror" should Trump name him acting attorney general.[29] Patel had said on Bannon's podcast two days earlier: "We will go out and find the conspirators – not just in government, but in the media ... We're going to come after you. Whether it's criminally or civilly, we'll figure that out."[30][31]

While Project 2025 cannot explicitly promote him, Trump's campaign rhetoric has reflected its broad themes. He stated: "If I happen to be president and I see somebody who's doing well and beating me very badly, I say go down and indict them."[32] He added that he would fire "radical Marxist prosecutors that are destroying America".[33] He has said he would "totally obliterate the Deep State" and appoint "a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of the United States of America, Joe Biden, and the entire Biden crime family."[33]

Best thing to do is put our heads in the sand, completely dismiss this, and tell everyone how strong and safe American Democracy is. It’s really untouchable and safe. Republicans truly want to protect it. I’m sure of it.
Yep we are just irrational libs. This means nothing they just put out this giant manifesto for no reason at all. Only smart conservatives know that you should just ignore this... our Democracy is totally a'ok!

The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.

images

Reactions: Torg and Tom Paris
Best thing to do is put our heads in the sand, completely dismiss this, and tell everyone how strong and safe American Democracy is. It’s really untouchable and safe. Republicans truly want to protect it. I’m sure of it.
Don't you even f#cking dare to say it's in "grave danger" or Colonel Binns and the BoTh SiDeS bRiGaDe will furrow their brows because such a phrase is used to often and losing its impact.

And you're a moron

Chill tf out. Wasn’t talking about internet articles. I watch NBC nightly news probably 3-4 days/week. I have not ever heard Project 2025 mentioned on there. Has different cache on tv news.

Oh, look, the 1/6 crew has shown up to tell us it was only tourists, or BLM agitators, and not a concerted effort to overthrow the election.
Link to me saying any of that? Come on, don't throw bullshit like this out without backing it up. Every post I've ever made is still on here unless the thread got nuked so you should be able to find it and link it. Tia

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Oh no! Democracy is dying again! This time from a goofy plan that’s been out for over a year! The timing of this fearmongering is quite odd.

Should we worry about this deflection from the economy and border? Or focus on the actual current invasion happening due to our open borders that the Dems continue to enable and support?

Gee tough one.

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Paris
Since this hasn't happened yet... only being talked about we are still at stage 1 of Trump Denialism.

1. It didn’t happen.
2. Whatever happened wasn’t a big deal.
3. Someone else did it.
4. Whatever happened isn’t illegal.
5. The President can’t be liable for whatever happened.
6. Obama did it too.
7. Who cares if the President did it & it’s illegal?

Oh no! Democracy is dying again! This time from a goofy plan that’s been out for over a year! The timing of this fearmongering is quite odd.

Should we worry about this deflection from the economy and border? Or focus on the actual current invasion happening due to our open borders that the Dems continue to enable and support?

Gee tough one.
Donald Trump told Mike Johnson not to pass the border bill which Senate Republicans said was the best bill they would ever see. The border belongs to the Republicans now no matter how often you guys try to blow that off.

Also, what, and I know this is going to force you to have to open your mind, by chance, what we crazy libs are saying about democracy being under attack, Republicans wanting an autocracy are right? I know you can't admit you're wrong about anything but can you at least admit that maybe, just maybe, there's enough smoke out there, not to mention MAGA voters saying they would like a dictator, that the party of Trump and their Dear Leader, might want to take power and refuse to ever give it up?

2020 was practice. You KNOW we can't let Trump near the White House again. MAGA has to go and then we can go back to normal Democrats vs. Republicans and what's better for the nation arguments. There's just way too much out there, in their own damn words, about what Trump and his party want to do to our government.

I've told you several times I want you to be right on this...but what if you aren't?

Since this hasn't happened yet... only being talked about we are still at stage 1 of Trump Denialism.

1. It didn’t happen.
2. Whatever happened wasn’t a big deal.
3. Someone else did it.
4. Whatever happened isn’t illegal.
5. The President can’t be liable for whatever happened.
6. Obama did it too.
7. Who cares if the President did it & it’s illegal?
Republicans who say they hate Trump do this as well as MAGA does.

I encourage everyone to read about this to see what those assholes will try to do should Trump be elected this fall:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Project 2025
The development of the plan is led by the The Heritage Foundation, an American conservative think tank, in collaboration with over 100 partners including Turning Point USA led by Charlie Kirk; the Conservative Partnership Institute including former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows as senior partner; the Center for Renewing America led by former Trump-appointee Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought; and America First Legal led by former Trump Senior Advisor Stephen Miller.[7][8]
Project 2025 envisions widespread changes across the entire government, particularly with regard to economic and social policy and the role of the federal government and federal agencies. The plan proposes slashing U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) funding, dismantling the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, gutting environmental and climate change regulations to favor fossil fuel production, and eliminating the cabinet Departments of Education and Commerce.[9] Citing an anonymous source, The Washington Post reported Project 2025 includes immediately invoking the Insurrection Act of 1807 to deploy the military for domestic law enforcement and directing the DOJ to pursue Trump adversaries.[10] Project Director Paul Dans, a former Trump administration official, said in September 2023 that Project 2025 is "systematically preparing to march into office and bring a new army, aligned, trained, and essentially weaponized conservatives ready to do battle against the deep state."[11]
Project 2025 consists largely of a book of policy recommendations titled Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise and an accompanying personnel database open for submissions. There is also an online course called the Presidential Administration Academy, and a guide to developing transition plans. Reactions to the plan included variously describing it as authoritarian, an attempt by Trump to become a dictator, and a path leading the United States towards autocracy, with several experts in law criticizing it for violating current constitutional laws that would undermine the rule of law and the separation of powers.[9] Additionally, some conservatives and Republicans also criticized the plan, for example in relation to climate change.[12] The Mandate states that "freedom is defined by God, not man."[13]

Much more at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025
The boogy man is coming, the boogy man is coming.

Donald Trump told Mike Johnson not to pass the border bill which Senate Republicans said was the best bill they would ever see. The border belongs to the Republicans now no matter how often you guys try to blow that off.

Also, what, and I know this is going to force you to have to open your mind, by chance, what we crazy libs are saying about democracy being under attack, Republicans wanting an autocracy are right? I know you can't admit you're wrong about anything but can you at least admit that maybe, just maybe, there's enough smoke out there, not to mention MAGA voters saying they would like a dictator, that the party of Trump and their Dear Leader, might want to take power and refuse to ever give it up?

2020 was practice. You KNOW we can't let Trump near the White House again. MAGA has to go and then we can go back to normal Democrats vs. Republicans and what's better for the nation arguments. There's just way too much out there, in their own damn words, about what Trump and his party want to do to our government.

I've told you several times I want you to be right on this...but what if you aren't?
abby laughed at this which reinforces that I am right in my thinking.

Yes, if it's domestic terrorists....Elon isn't going to do it, that's his people

Do you think that's the only thing in 2025?
I'm just talking about what's in the article you linked in that post.

I believe experience has shown the worst disinformation comes from the government, and that even in the most recent instances with COVID their efforts to police discussion and thought went way beyond putting out their own information and instead trying to suppress individual’s 1A rights.

Joe Biden made 15 executive orders to open up the border then told everyone he can't do any executive orders concerning the border while swearing "there's no crisis at the border" for three years. Now he's saying there's a huge crisis at the border and only the party controlling 1/3 of the government is responsible for it. And millions of people are buying it.

It's called a hierarchy of concerns. I'm more concerned with things actually happening than those that might happen IF someone gets elected, after hearing this exact same song and dance by the same people for years.

Didn't you say to "believe your eyes and ears?" Why aren't you doing it when it comes to our national security and the president dropping the ball on it?

• Love
Reactions: abby97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT